Speaking of N'iggers...

Posted by Sean Fury

http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/eveningnews/ktla-primenews-poll,0,4116652.special

Thanks a lot, Kramer. Thanks a lot.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

See, I don't really care what they do with the word... rather why they're doing it. I mean, look at how the word was and is used, and they're going to ban it because of this instance? Way to make a joke over what could be considered a serious matter.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I thought it was already banned. The word's always bleeped out on rap stations and MTV already.

Either way, I don't give a crap.

Posted by Arwon

The industry is entitled to self-regulate however it wants, but there's legitimate uses for any word, even one with such bizzarely strong power. Historical pieces, for one. And protest songs and stuff. Gratuitious and deliberately offensive usage is already basically kept off the airwaves through the power of self-censorship, anyway.

My personal favourite is "what's an Irishman but a n*gger turned inside-out" from the Proposition...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

If they were to do this, they'd have to also ban Kike, Kaffer, Spic, FOB, Wetback, ect.

Besides, I use it too much for them to ban it from music I don't listen to on a station I don't watch showing previews for movies I'd never see.

Yeah, that'd suck.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Sapphire Rose: If they were to do this, they'd have to also ban Kike, Kaffer, Spic, FOB, Wetback, ect.

Besides, I use it too much for them to ban it from music I don't listen to on a station I don't watch showing previews for movies I'd never see.

Yeah, that'd suck.

Not necessarily. They ALWAYS give the n!gger word special treatment. Even if they banned it, I can guarantee you that no other racial term would be banned with it. And by the way, who uses "Kaffer" outside of that Disney movie with the South African girl?

Posted by Speedfreak

lol US media.

Posted by mis0

I think they're forgetting about freedom of speech. People can say whatever the **** they want to, no matter how stupid, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]The first amendment protects even the most heinous nazi speech. So yeah, this is retarded with a capital R.[/COLOR]

Posted by Iris

I doubt it'll be banned everywhere, only on basic cable, which it already should be. As for freedom of speech, get cable if you really want to hear those words. It's not as if it's appropriate for everyone to hear racial slurs and f-bombs while channel surfing.

Posted by mis0

It's not my fault children are impressionable louts.

Posted by Bebop

Do you know what I hate? Black.s Nah Im only kidding. They're great.

Posted by Arwon

What does the first amendment have to do with private organisations choosing to regulate their internal operations?

Posted by GameMiestro

I think the new poll on the site is a heck of a lot more amusing and important than this issue is.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I think they're forgetting about freedom of speech. People can say whatever the **** they want to, no matter how stupid, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

They're banning it on TV. Freedom of speech doesn't have much to do with anything in this case.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

how is this different from me saying that it's okay for parents to censor what their children watch??

Posted by Iris

Exposing your children to certain things is part of raising a family, so I don't see the logic behind telling parents not to act like parents. It's the parent's decision to let their kids watch what they want once they think they're mature enough to handle certain things.

I was exposed to cursing on television at a fairly young age, and telling your kids not to repeat it is part of raising a child. My parents didn't really want me to say that kind of stuff, but they didn't go crazy if I were to hear it or occasionally say one. I believe that because of that, I don't constantly use expletives and I'm not overly prudent.

As for censorship, if kids want to buy their own television set, their own cable box, and their own place to watch whatever they want, then I doubt parents would stop them. But, since they obviously can't, living under their parent's rules seems completely fair while they still live with them.

Posted by Drewboy64

This guy is not Kramer. This is Michael Richards. I guess Michael Richards is an ***, but the character Kramer is hilarious.

But yeah, it shouldn't be censored.