Who will win this fight?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Between the Nintendo Wii, the Sony Playstation 3 and the X-Box 360...

I'm going with the Wii. It's really about their innovation. The 360 has got better hardware than the original X-Box, but nothing really new. Likewise with the PS3.

Also, the launch titles for each system are vastly different. There is only one PS3 game that I'd want. There are about 5 Wii games that I'd want.

The 360 has been out for a year and they still haven't done anything spectacular as far as games go. Maybe now that other developers have become more familiar with it, they'll be putting out better games.

The Playstation 3 seems to expensive, too. Sony had to jack up the price because of the Blu-Ray player and the internal HDD, but I think we all got by fine with memory cards, at least I did. I'd rather buy a memory card than pay $600 for a PS3.

I honestly didn't get a PS2 until it had been out for several years because there weren't many good games on it, and I won't spend $250 on a system for a few games. Once I played GTA:VC, FFX and a few others, I decided to pick one up, and now the dang thing doesn't really work. I hope the PS3 is a little sturdier over time, for $600.

I don't own an X-Box because there are only 2 game I'd want for it. Halo and Fable. And I can play those at my friend's house, if I want to. Any other X-Box games are also on PS2 or GC, and I think we'll see a similar trend in the new consoles.

Plus, the Wii has got the Virtual Console, and that alone is reason enough for me to buy one.

Posted by WackoHater2

Wii. The sales have gone up 14,000 in the past two days. That's what I am going on. spartman.gump has a counter in his sig, and I have the same one on [url=http://www.myspace.com/meatwadis1337]my MySpace[/url] if you wanna check it out.

Posted by Zeta

Wii.[/nintendofanboy]

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I personally think the Wii will win. It has many great games and it has a special controller which adds a special touch to the console.[/COLOR]

Posted by NeXidala

Wii for mii!

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting NeXidala: Wii for mii!

The Wii for mii as well

Posted by Sean Fury

Posted by GameMiestro

Talk to people outside the hardcore gaming community, and you will get the general opinion that the PS3 has great hardware but poor games, the Wii has some interesting software but last gen graphics, and the Xbox has powerful hardware and an established library of great games, but lacks the creative "oomph" that the other consoles have. If by "who will win this fight" you mean "who will sell the most consoles", obviously, the Xbox 360 is going to win. If you mean by it that "what is going to be the best console" (which I can tell by the tone of your post is exactly what you mean), then there is no point in responding, since you've already decided on a winner.

Posted by Last Fog

How is the 360 obviously gonna win?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

360 with a high chance of the Wii overtaking it at some point. But right now I'll say the 360.

Posted by Sean Fury

The 360 has the strong upperhand right now because it's been out for a good period of time, the price is going to be dropping soon and everyone knows it, there's tons of great games and even more to come, but like Vampiro said, the Wii will overtake the 360 as soon as a) the holiday season really hits and b) when more than a few hundred are released each week.

Quoted post: the Wii will overtake the 360 as soon as a) the holiday season really hits and b) when more than a few hundred are released each week.

The real holiday season was last week actually. And they're shipping a hell of a lot more than a few hundred every week already. I believe even Sony is shipping a good 50,000 (give or take) every week until Christmas.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The real holiday season was last week actually. And they're shipping a hell of a lot more than a few hundred every week already. I believe even Sony is shipping a good 50,000 (give or take) every week until Christmas.

I figured as much, but I took into my assumption the fact that most of the stores only put out a few (like most recently the eB I work at had 3, next week they're supposed to have about 10, etc.). So, I meant more, but I thought too quickly and didn't take in that there's thousands of stores that sell the systems. Whoops.

And in any case, last week? You mean because of Black Friday?

Yeah, the holiday season started last week with the biggest day of the year for retailers. That's pretty much where it peaks.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, the holiday season started last week with the biggest day of the year for retailers. That's pretty much where it peaks.

But for the Wii and PS3 that means nothing. Sure, people will be clammoring all over for good deals, but no one is going to dare mark those systems for less than we've seen so far, that'd be absurd because they know people will buy them anyway. Regardless of the day, when a Wii and PS3 hit a store, they're going to be gone almsot immediatly.

... what does that have to do with anything?

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... what does that have to do with anything?

The fact that this whole thread is about who's going to win the console war, and my point is that no matter what day it is, the PS3s and Wiis will be sold as soon as they're stocked, and to go even further, I am willing to bet that the Wiis will be taken much quicker (and in more numbers) than the PS3's due to the fanbase and price of the system.

Of course they'll sell on the first day =/ But you're talking about the Wii overtaking the 360 once the holidays hit. I'm saying it already did. That's about it. The rest is irrelevant.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Of course they'll sell on the first day =/ But you're talking about the Wii overtaking the 360 once the holidays hit. I'm saying it already did. That's about it. The rest is irrelevant.

Oh, than I've been speaking idiocy again. My mistake.

I didn't mean that the Wii will be dominating by the holidays, I meant that eventually the Wii will catch up (in terms of console sales, not whole profit) and that the holidays will be a major boost for it and much lesser for the PS3 and even less the 360 (seeing as a lot of people already have one).

Quoted post: I meant that eventually the Wii will catch up (in terms of console sales, not whole profit)

The Wii will most likely surpass profit within a couple weeks knowing Nintendo. If it's true they can produce the Wii for under 100 dollars, the profit will be insane and quickly overtake any profit the 360 has made for Microsoft.

Posted by Omni

I'm going to go with the Wii, out of Nintendo loyalty. I think it's got the most appeal, and I'm interested in that crazy Wiimote and the games they can utilize it for.

Posted by Kit

As much as I'd like the Wii to win, I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 won this.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: I'm going to go with the Wii, out of Nintendo loyalty. I think it's got the most appeal, and I'm interested in that crazy Wiimote and the games they can utilize it for.

Seconded. (The first part more than the second...) ;)

Posted by Zeta

Wonder how long it'll take for Aoiros or Unite to respond to this. That's when some good argueing'll begin.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

[QUOTE=Fei-on Castor]Between the Nintendo Wii, the Sony Playstation 3 and the X-Box 360...

I'm going with the Wii. It's really about their innovation.

You said it, even Steve Colbert gave it praise. It is not only fresh, new and unique, but it's a blast to play!:D It's the perfect time to release an interactive game console, what with the DDR generation and all, having to move to play a game is no longer taboo it's almost desired.

[quote=fei-on Caster]Also, the launch titles for each system are vastly different. There is only one PS3 game that I'd want. There are about 5 Wii games that I'd want.

The 360 has been out for a year and they still haven't done anything spectacular as far as games go. Maybe now that other developers have become more familiar with it, they'll be putting out better games.

PS3 is extremely shy on good titles, than again Sony has always been that way. All of there most notorious games (save the early PS1 vs N64 era) are third party games that could just as easily be just as great (or in some cases, better) on any other console. FF13 is the only title that interests me, and I ain't shelling out $600 for one game.

The Wii may not have an avalanch of titles at launch, but they took that into mind and gave Wii owners the option of downloading many amazing retro games to keep themselves occupied until the good stuff gets here.

X-Box... silly, silly X-Box. They try so hard to try and hypnotise people with fake or irrelevant numbers, and sadder still is the fact that it works well for them. X-Box is, in reality, a glorified Dreamcast (even the controlers look oddly similar), and like Dreamcast it has only a small fraction of titles worth playing, but the ones that are worth it... are WORTH it.

[quote=Fei-on Caster]I think we all got by fine with memory cards, at least I did.

I second that motion! Besides, when I want to bring over my Game Cube THUG character to a friends place, I grab the Memory Card and go. If I want to take a X-Box Tony Hawk character somewhere... I'm plumb out of luck because they're trapped in the void of my Xbox hard drive. Poor, poor Sinder Wulf.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Considering that the Microsoft is already a year ahead, both in library and hardware reliability, I have to say that the 360 will outsell the Wii and PS3, combined, for the season. That won't last long, though, and I personally see Sony being number one, again.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wii.

It has a better lineup for next year and appeals to a larger crowd than either of the other two systems. Just call it DS2.

Posted by RebelGamer137

PS3 will win, but this is going to be the closest consel wars to date.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=RebelGamer137]PS3 will win, but this is going to be the closest consel wars to date.

Care to elaborate there, skippy?

Would his reasonings satisfy any one of us? Nah. There's no point.

Posted by Speedfreak

It might satisfy our humour.

Mm, reason enough.

Posted by Kit

PS3 games have VIOLENCE, ZOMG!

teraflops. lots and lots of teraflops

Posted by Unite

hmm hard choice, ill go with underdog vote ps3. My reasons just for fun it would be funny if sony came out leader this gen too considering they made a few mistakes. I mean if nintendo can't over come Sony this time it's just too pathetic.

Posted by Apathetic

I would say 360 has it right now but I would say the wii will come over in a bit more time.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]hmm hard choice, ill go with underdog vote ps3. My reasons just for fun it would be funny if sony came out leader this gen too considering they made a few mistakes. I mean if nintendo can't over come Sony this time it's just too pathetic.

Nintendo is the underdog, moron.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Nintendo is the underdog, moron.

lol

The way you been running your mouth for last few months sony has already lost. So from that point of view there the underdog.

Oh and about zelda tp whats with the lack of epic feel to it?

Quoted post: The way you been running your mouth for last few months sony has already lost. So from that point of view there the underdog.

You can't honestly be that retarded. How can the market leader be the underdog? Nintendo, the company who came in last in terms of sales, is obviously the underdog. They have a lot more to prove than either Sony or Microsoft.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You can't honestly be that retarded. How can the market leader be the underdog? Nintendo, the company who came in last in terms of sales, is obviously the underdog. They have a lot more to prove than either Sony or Microsoft.

ah i know that

but when it comes to this board things are little oposite.

Posted by WackoHater2

The Wii is getting there fast. It has sold approximately 2,000 more copies in 2 hours.

No, you're just dumb and perceive it as such.

Posted by WackoHater2

The counter in my sig was at about 700,000 when I got home. Now it's at 702,556. So how does that make me dumb again?

What makes you dumb is the fact that you didn't even think that maybe, just maybe, I was talking to Unite when didn't realise a new page was started. Idiot.

Posted by WackoHater2

Well I'm sorry for misunderstanding. Fag.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No, you're just dumb and perceive it as such.

lol all you have are insults

even running your mouth at panic for a simple mistake lol

Wow.

Posted by Ichigo54

The wii ahndsdown, no contest, graphics are kind aiffy, but the Wiimote's functions, and irrelevent but the DS's touchscreen, that is revolutionary, that in nintendo, they shall prevail

Posted by Last Fog

Just like they prevailed the last two times around, simply because it's Nintendo.