Battery Life

Posted by Ant

The one's that come with the Wii-mote only lasted me about 30 hours, tops. I seriously wasn't expecting them to die out so quickly. I'm going to be getting some rechargeable for it soon, cause frankly I find that quite sad that they make you buy batteries for it when they knew it wouldn't last very long. Not cool Nintendo, not cool. :mad:

Posted by Stalolin

Rechargable GET. It's what I've switched over to and my remote hasn't had any problems.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

30 hours isn't that bad. I think the Wavebird had about 40 and the 360 controller seems to get quite a bit less with a microphone plugged in. Play and Charge ftw

Posted by ccrocker58

Yea those rediculous Maxells stood for absolutely jack**** in terms of longevity. I got myself some Energizer rechargables. They're working great at what I'm gonna say 40+ hours on a full charge.

Posted by Kit

What type of batteries does it use? AA?

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Dark Kirby: What type of batteries does it use? AA?

Yessir.

Posted by Kit

Oh, that's good, I have rechargables. :)

Posted by NeXidala

Use up.
Then replaceeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by Unite

Is offical nintendo recharager for wii out yet?

Posted by Ant

I haven't heard any mention of an "official nintendo recharger" coming out anywhere. So no, I guess not. Maybe if they come out with a 2nd version they'll use a charger.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Unite: Is offical nintendo recharager for wii out yet?

I too haven't heard anything about Nintendo making a charger yet. No doubt they will, but you're probably better off just getting the Energizer one, it comes with the charger and 4 AA bats for $17.99, so while one pair is charging, you're playing with two fully charged, ready to go bats. Nintendo tends to charge way more for less of the same thing, so you'll probably see their version for $20.00 or more for a charger and one pair of bats, or some kind of "battery cell", like they did with the original GBA.

Posted by Dexter

haha. Of course those cheap Japanese batteries are going to die out quickly. They're basically there to give you time to get new, better ones. I wouldn't rely on them for any impressive, long-lasting time.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Doesn't it come with Panasonic batteries, like the Wavebird and Wii TV Remote did?

Posted by protomanv4

Do the wii motes last good with duracell non chargeable batteries?

Posted by Kit

It's duracell, of course they do.

Duracell lasts longer.
Much longer.

Well if what Dex says is true then they should have a decent amount of play time.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 30 hours isn't that bad. I think the Wavebird had about 40 and the 360 controller seems to get quite a bit less with a microphone plugged in. Play and Charge ftw

ha, so its true the microphone does take more energy out of it. i was wondering if that was the case.

my 360 controller serisously runs out of life all the time. and i just play halo.

i need a play and charge kit. but i am poor right know.

Posted by Drewboy64

My batteries seem to drain fast too, but that's probably because my brother forgets to plug the nunchuk into his wiimote and just uses mine to play Zeruda.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: ha, so its true the microphone does take more energy out of it. i was wondering if that was the case.

Consider what it has to do. Button-presses, rumble, tilt, all the pointer functionality, then everything in the nunchuck if that's plugged in, plus the speaker... I'm surprised it lasts as long as it does personally.

Posted by Ant

Well, I got a recharger and batteries to go along with it. So I'm set now.

Posted by RandomizeR

I used 4 AA batteries in 5 days, so I now have 4 rechargable batteries.

Posted by Dexter

kk, so I put my batteries on the battery charger last night, right? Well, I wake up this morning and the batteries must have exploded because the acid was on the charger and now I think my charger and those four batteries are broken.

Someone suggest a decent battery charger for me plz k thx bye.

Posted by Proto Man

Look like Nyko has just what the doctor ordered!

These are the same guys who brought you the air-flow controllers.

Quoted post: Nyko’s Charge Station for Wii enables gamers to simultaneously charge two Wii remotes, maintaining a steady supply of power with two additional rechargeable NiMH batteries. The charging dock allows the user to easily keep 2 Wii-Remotes charged at all times by plugging into any wall outlet. The dock has convenient and easy to read LED indicator lights, as well as a 6 foot power cord that allows the unit to be conveniently placed in even the most crowded entertainment areas. For those active gaming sessions, the Charge Station for Wii also includes two rubberized battery covers to make sure even the most energetic gamer keeps a grip on the Wii-Remote. The Charge Station for the Nintendo Wii will has a suggested retail price of $29.99.

http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=9934

Posted by Dexter

There's what I'm looking for. Nice find. Thankies. ^_^

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: There's what I'm looking for. Nice find. Thankies. ^_^

Your welcome! Unfortunately, they aren't actually released yet. In fact according to another article I read, they will be shown off at CES this week. As soon as they go on sale, I will post links!

It makes me wonder though... why didn't Nintendo at least do something similar? Or why not use technology like the GBA SP, or DS?