Okay, Dexter...

Posted by Linko_16

Now I can begin to relate.

[URL=http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=christmasspiritwx8.gif][IMG]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8831/christmasspiritwx8.th.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Anyone else feeling it yet?

Posted by Ant

Not yet. Although I started to whistle along with the Christmas songs being played at work. Regardless, I don't feel it till about 2 weeks before.

Posted by Sean Fury

In a way. I'm really hoping to start work soon, because I actually feel like buying everyone I know gifts this year since I'll have money. Feeling very charitable for some reason.

******* you Kringle, ******* you...

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I feel it in my fingers.
I feel it in my toes.

Yes it's cold, but My X-mas tree is set up and it shines at night :D[/COLOR]

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've only really felt it once, and its not going to happen again this year.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'm getting it, for sure. My workplace has started playing Christmas music, so it's hard not to get the Christmas Spirit when you sing along to Sleigh Bells and Let it Snow all day.

Posted by Lord of Spam

for some reason hearing the same 5 songs over and over just makes me start to hate christmas.

oh how i loathe department stores

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I used to work at Spencer Gifts, and we had Name Brand Muzak there. It was a CD they gave with about 25 songs on it and a commercial every here and there. You'd play over your store's speaker system. And they gave us a new CD every couple months. But, oh my ***, the Christmas one was awful. Christina Aguilerra ruined "Chestnuts", and TLC performed an original, "All I want for Christmas". And to top it off, Rosie O'Donnel collaborated with Darren Hayes (from Savage Garden) to sing "Last Christmas", which was a terrible song from the get go, and was only worsened by Darren and Rosie.

But at the place I work now, we have some kind of store-run radio station. It has Fry's commercials, but the music varies a lot. I've honestly never heard the same song twice in one day, or even over the course of a few days, at Fry's.

Plus, around this time of year, paychecks are sweet because I get double time and a half on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. It's pretty sweet.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Plus, around this time of year, paychecks are sweet because I get double time and a half on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. It's pretty sweet.

Holy ****, double time and a half?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Sean Fury: Holy ****, double time and a half?

Yep, and my base pay is $11.50/hr, so 2.5 time is good business. That's why I never take Thanksgiving off of work. People say, "don't you wanna spend time with your family?", and I then remind them that my family is not willing to pay me $30/hr for my Thanksgiving. Fry's is willing.

Posted by Axis

Ehh, not yet. I'm sure in the next few weeks I'll feel it. Or Thursday, because it's supposed to actually snow then.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, and I never will. To hell with Christmas, and to all of the things it stand for.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Yep, and my base pay is $11.50/hr, so 2.5 time is good business. That's why I never take Thanksgiving off of work. People say, "don't you wanna spend time with your family?", and I then remind them that my family is not willing to pay me $30/hr for my Thanksgiving. Fry's is willing.

I work at Fry's, too, but we're closed on Christmas. The only day of the year that we're not open.

Posted by Raptor

What do Santa's reindeer, the presence of Jesus in your life, and decent Christmas music have in common? THEY'RE ALL FIGMENTS OF YOUR ****ING IMAGINATION.

Not this year, no. In fact, I would like to see the month of December done away with entirely. Or at least, the latter half of it.

Posted by Dexter

I'm feeling it, but I don't want to dwell on how much money I've spent the last couple days shopping. I had a list I was making all year. Whenever I thought of an excellent gift for someone I put it on the list and I spent the last couple of days collecting all the items. I felt like Samus collecting all the gear.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Dexter]I'm feeling it, but I don't want to dwell on how much money I've spent the last couple days shopping. I had a list I was making all year. Whenever I thought of an excellent gift for someone I put it on the list and I spent the last couple of days collecting all the items. I felt like Samus collecting all the gear.Funny, when I do my Christmas shopping (which is an unfortunate task, because I hate Christmas, and I hate shopping), and I find that gift that will work out great for a person, I think of the either the Metroid or Zelda "New Item Acquired" music.

Posted by Dexter

I actually think of the Zelda music and often hold the items up above my head. It's a shame he doesn't do that in Twilight Princess.

I find tons of extra items for people as I go around collecting the planned items, so it evens out nicely. I also find nifty items for myself! *tada* :link:

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Dexter: I actually think of the Zelda music and often hold the items up above my head.

*Reminds me of [url=http://pressstarttoplay.net/comics.php?date=061126]the latest PSTP comic[/url]* ;)

...Only 1 week to go down here! :-D

Posted by Kiyoshi

A little yeah. But only when going past the houses that are lighted with christmas lights and stuff. One christmas song I can't stand is Santa Baby. It's a great song to sing, but the chick messes up the song. No. And when I go shopping I think VGCats. That *Do dee do!* thing when Leo finds stuff. So funny.

Posted by Iris

Some of the houses with non-colored lights around their gutters are looking really nice. It makes it more pleasurable to drive around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the colored lights don't look too good and the flashing ones are probably going to cause an accident.

I like the decorations of Christmas, but the holiday itself isn't particularly important to me. I don't go out singing Christmas carols or spreading love and joy or anything of that nature. It just seems like another day of the year, only you might get some gifts, some cards, and if you've got lazy parents, giftcards.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Yeah I know what your saying. But Christmas at my house is pretty funny. Especially since I get around 20 gifts from my grandparents in MO. But this year, they're sending me a $100, which will be going to get me a new guitar. I need one. My mom already said she would help pay the rest. I can't wait to get that guitar.

Posted by NeXidala

I thought you said you couldn't play the guitar?

Posted by The Judge

[SIZE=7]IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR[/SIZE]

Posted by Zeta

Ugh, another year, another night of being forced to sit through It's A Wonderful Life...

Posted by The Judge

I'M GONNA WATCH ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES

Posted by Zeta

I’m Mr. White Christmas
I’m Mr. Cool.
I’m Mr. Icicle
I’m Mr. 10 below
Friends call me Snow Miser
Whatever I touch
Turns to snow in my clutch!
I’m too much

Posted by Trigger

Christmas in retail is so overrated.

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=Zeta]I

Posted by Omni

I need to watch that movie now. LOL...

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Any X-mas Hentai Zeta?[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Obviously. What a stupid question.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]True :/

*takes a cup of coffee* mmmmm -_-[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

You're in a band, right?

Quoting AIDS: See, I'm in a band, and I play second guitar. I have two problems though. One is I don't know how to play a guitar. The second is, I don't even own a guitar.

That's interesting...

Quoting AIDS: But this year, they're sending me a $100, which will be going to get me a new guitar. I need one. My mom already said she would help pay the rest. I can't wait to get that guitar.

LOL.... Yeah, having a guitar is an important part of learning to play one.

Quoting AIDS: Actually I'm not a poser. One chick said that she loved me because I wasn't a poser. And no one has accused me of being a poser besides a stupid Canadian whose opinion can't possibly count for anything because he doesn't know me.

I think he might have been right. Another thing, I can think of a lot more people than Vampiro who have accused you of being a poser.