Wii, Lost

Posted by ScudZteR

I walked into an EB Games this morning, with 30$ in my pocket and the desire to buy a crappy game I don't need. I took a gander behind the counter and what did I see but a Wii with the box still sealed but a corner bent. I asked the guy at the register and he said the guy who bought it for his son brought it back after days having never opened it because he was afraid it was broken after he dropped it. The man had brought it in literally a minute before I entered and apparently he recieved a voucher or something for another Wii when they were in stock. I called my sister and told her to get my depit card out of my car but by the time she got there, the Wii was bought by another 40 something man who didn't care it was bent. Needless to say, I made a fool of myself trying to disguise it so the man wouldn't see. All in futility

Posted by RandomizeR

...I'm not understanding why you didn't get it..

If your sister was too slow bringing your card, then why didnt you just have them hold it until she got there, instead of letting some other d00d buy it?

*Correct me if i have the situation wrong* :)

Posted by ScudZteR

The guy told me first come first served...which is completely bogus

Posted by RandomizeR

which guy?

the one that bought it or the one working there

Posted by ScudZteR

The one working there

Posted by RandomizeR

well, then that's gay cuz u were there first

Posted by ScudZteR

I was planning on making a scene but I'm already banned from the GameStop thats closser to my house because I made a little kid cry when I took the last copy of Windwaker when I saw he was going for it....which is also a completely bogus thing except for the mother made a bigger scene and the manager made the clerk take a picture of me. I don't have good luck with game stores. I'm gonna shop at 1)FYE or 2)Wal-Mart from now on as long as I can stomach the 1) gutless jacked prices and 2) the old people greeting you

Posted by Slade

Wait, how old are you? That's a pretty funny story about making a kid cry. What a stupid reason to get banned from the store. I have noticed that both EB Games and Gamestop both kind of suck, though. I like the stores that work on a logic-based system rather than some crazy thing they made up.

Maybe you should have started crying so the guy who ended up getting the Wii would be banned.

Posted by ScudZteR

I just got the debit card like 3 weeks ago and I was excited to use it:( ...

Posted by Bebop

Wait, the actual console was bent? WTF

Posted by ScudZteR

no no no

A corner of the box was bent, apparently from where this dad dropped it in the parking lot but he brought it home and then decided he didn't want to risk it being broken

Posted by ccrocker58

DOOD, that's some F'd up shiz!!! You're telling me you were standing there, waiting for your sis to get your card, and some a-hole walks in and purchases it right in front of you, even though the person working there knew you were 5 minutes away from owning it? Iono bout you, but I DEFENITELY would of made a scene, throwing copies of Madagascar and Happy Feet at the clerk and the purchaser respectively.

Posted by ScudZteR

I enjoy the fast and easy 3 minute drive to the EB as apposed to the 20 minute drive to the mall and surrounding stores. I just couldn't picture myself being kicked from a second store

I hope these stores don't have a secret society where they report all their bad customers:rolleyes:

Posted by Slade

Quoting ScudZteR: I just got the debit card like 3 weeks ago and I was excited to use it:( ...

Haha, I've been using a debit card to buy games lately because I'll want to spend more than I have handy in cash. Problem is, I purposely restrict the amount of cash I carry so I don't buy too much, so when I use the card it means I'm taking money out of other funds. :/

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Slade: Haha, I've been using a debit card to buy games lately because I'll want to spend more than I have handy in cash. Problem is, I purposely restrict the amount of cash I carry so I don't buy too much, so when I use the card it means I'm taking money out of other funds. :/

That's what AMEX is for XD