Smash Bros site updated!

Posted by Drewboy64

Some new cool screenshots and an actual good quality version of the new trailer!
[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en/pics/img/pic12.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/index.html Trailer found there

Posted by RandomizeR

coolness

Posted by ScudZteR

Are those the only starting characters? It seems like there should be more considering the number in Melee...or maybe I'm counting the unlockables...

Posted by Bebop

We dont know who the starting characters are yet or any more information.

Posted by ScudZteR

I think it can be safely assumed that the characters listed will at least make up a portion of the starting line-up

Posted by muffla

finally its good to see a trailer with actual graphics, not like sony's ZOMFG LOOK AT OUR SEXY PLY GONS!!!!!111!!one

Posted by Bebop

Stop. Please, just stop.

Posted by maian

..I hope they don't introduce the whole roster by showing one character at a time via videos every several months.

Anyway, nice. But I want more news. =/

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Did they change the name from Brawl to Dojo?[/COLOR]:amy:

Posted by ScudZteR

No the name of the site is the SSB Dojo

Posted by Bebop

Dojos are where fighters train. Quite a clever site name actually.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting RandomizeR: coolness

to the max. :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

THIS IS BIG NEWS

lol jk

Posted by Last Fog

Why do they introduce Fox at the very end like he's a new character?

Because he was a huge character in the last two games and had a complete graphical overhaul.

Posted by Speedfreak

I think Marth is getting replaced :cool:

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Speedfreak: I think Marth is getting replaced :cool:

Fine by me, Roy was much better IMO.

No he wasn't.

Posted by Degeneration

Oh, but he was.

Anyway, not every character from SSBM is guaranteed to return, so proof of Fox's inclusion is actually kind of a big deal.

Also, don't forget that the rumors started by Jeuxfrance have yet to be proven wrong. Some of Wario's moves resemble G&W's, which could be a hint that their "interview" was legit. Only time will tell.

Quoted post: Oh, but he was.

... no, he actually wasn't.

Posted by Ant

Marth is superior.

And I think if they mixed Fox somewhere in the middle it would have made more sense. :/

Posted by Degeneration

It was the most noteworthy new info that the video provided. I think it deserved some kind of special treatment.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, I doubt Marth or Roy will be in the next one. I think they're being replaced with Ike from Path of Radiance.

Posted by Dexter

Or possibly with a Fire Emblem character from the Wii version. It'll probably be out before Super Smash. I'm sure they would have used Ike in Melee if he was around during the time or was nearly upcoming. It would place more attention on the current Fire Emblem game instead of a previous one.

Posted by Burrito

I doubt that Marth will be replaced. He is THE original fire emblem lord. He represents the series. Roy will probably be replaced with a Fire Emblem character who has more potential for a unique moveset. We might see Roy and Ike as alternate costumes for Marth, though.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Because he was a huge character in the last two games and had a complete graphical overhaul.
You mean like every other character? Aside from maybe Kirby...

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Every character in the first two games was a huge character in the first two games.

Quoted post: You mean like every other character? Aside from maybe Kirby...

More so than most it seems. Just look at new Link compared to new Fox. The jump is fairly large.

Quoted post:
Every character in the first two games was a huge character in the first two games.

not really =/

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Burrito]I doubt that Marth will be replaced. He is THE original fire emblem lord. He represents the series.

Wrong, Ike does. Marth hasn't starred in any Fire Emblem games outside of Japan, but Ike was the first home console Fire Emblem star in the US. And which country will Smash sell the most copies in? That's right, the US.

Besides, it'd be very odd if there was a whole stage for Path of Radiance with no character to fight in it. I think at the very least he'll replace Roy.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Speedfreak: Wrong, Ike does. Marth hasn't starred in any Fire Emblem games outside of Japan, but Ike was the first home console Fire Emblem star in the US. And which country will Smash sell the most copies in? That's right, the US.

Besides, it'd be very odd if there was a whole stage for Path of Radiance with no character to fight in it. I think at the very least he'll replace Roy.

But FE:PoR is the ninth Fire Emblem game and third released in the U.S., why would Ike even be considered? I never even played Fire Emblem, but I knew about Marth and Roy. If either go, it would have to be Roy, because Marth has been in too many games and is too popular to just get kicked out like that (even though I like Roy's moveset better).

Posted by Speedfreak

He's been in 2 games, he's by no means the star of the series.

My reasons for Ike being the replacement are that he's the first star of a home console Fire Emblem game outside of Japan and there's a stage based on his game. It doesn't make sense to me that there'd be a PoR stage with no PoR character to fight in it.

EDIT: Oh, and Ike has an English voice actor, though I hope to God they replace him.

Gotta agree with Speedy on this one. Marth might be the star in Japan, but SSBB is going to sell much better over here than there. So it would only make sense to have an "american" character replace one largely only played by Japanese. Most people hadn't even heard of FE until Melee came out after all.