People complaining about Zelda

Posted by Drewboy64

I was looking around at the IGN boards, and people are complaining about Zelda. For example, they complain that they mirrored the game and how Death Mountain is on the wrong side of the map. What the hell? I haven't noticed anything about mirroring; heck, I forgot about it!

Also, someone complained about how it was too much like OOT. Go eat some poo. This game has allusions to OOT, yes, but "It has the same characters?" "It has the same puzzles?" There's Link, Zelda, and such, but honestly, there's not many other characters that are the same.

Also, the graphics in this game are absolutely amazing. I cannot believe people complain about them; this game is freaking beautiful.

P.S., don't post any spoilers, please.

Posted by Stalolin

ign folk are absolutely retarded.

Twilight Princess is vastly different from Ocarina of Time, they're TRYING to pull up comparisions and stretching things immensely.

anyone that doesn't enjoy TP is retarded. absolutely serious.

Posted by Big Boss

The only thing I don't like about it is playing it with the Wii controller. Once I get my component cables though, purchasing Zelda so early will be justified... I just hope I haven't beaten the game by then.

Posted by Drewboy64

Personally I love the controls. But anyhow, you definately won't have beaten it by then; 70 hours of gameplay.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol IGN boards. That's like listening to kids from GameFAQs.

As for the mirror business, that means absolutely nothing to anyone, seeing as all of those kids haven't even touched the original version. How retarded.

Oh, and the graphics are both awesome and terrible. In some areas they look great, and in others they look fairly bad... From what I've seen my friend play anyways. He wouldn't let me play it though :(

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Oh, and the graphics are both awesome and terrible. In some areas they look great, and in others they look fairly bad... From what I've seen my friend play anyways. He wouldn't let me play it though :(

I've noticed that too. Some cutscenes look genuinely next-gen but some stuff looks mediocre for Gamecube. zomg weird

Posted by Ant

What are these ugly parts you speak of?

Quoted post: What are these ugly parts you speak of?

Many. Most notably, and this actually bothers me, the ****ing ground textures. Oh lord, it's almost painful to look at that ****.

Though, I got to see the game with component cables... wow, don't even play the game unless you have them. The difference is quite large.

Posted by Axis

How much did you get the component cables for?

You can get temp ones at Best Buy/Whatever for, yeah, 60 bucks. But my friend wanted them pronto and Best Buy didn't have them, so he got them on eBay for around 120 dollars. Felt like punching him in the face so hard.

Posted by maian

My only complaint is that I don't own it. :( At this rate, I'm just going to get the Gamecube version. However, I swore to myself I'd have a Wii by Dec. 10th. I haven't heard any complaints. Hopefully, my friend will let me play it, if her parents let her play it before Christmas. :X

When I do though, I doubt I'll have complaints. Maybe that's just because I'm a die-hard nerd Zelda fan.

Posted by Malevolence

What are these component cables you speak of? :(

Basically a step above regular composite (the cables you already have, red, white, yellow.) Rather than sending a single signal, you get it in two or more. Because of this colours tend to look less muddy because they're separated. Which really helps Zelda.

It's like a really poor man's HDMI.

Posted by Speedfreak

Not really, at 480p there's little difference between component and HDMI. There's no reason for Wii to support HMDI whatsoever.

Quoted post: Not really, at 480p there's little difference between component and HDMI.

There's quite a large, noticeable difference between 480 and 720, and especially, 1080. Zelda still looks good at 480p, but it would look quite a bit better at 720. You can't honestly tell me otherwise. Or you can, but you just haven't seen the difference.

Posted by Speedfreak

You misunderstand me, I'm just talking about the cables. Zelda at 480p over component wouldn't look any worse than Zelda at 480p over HDMI.

Sometimes games do actually look worse at higher resolutions, though. It brings out flaws in textures and things like that.

EDIT: Huh, after a quick calculation it seems Wii should be capable of 720i. Maybe that HD upgrade through firmware isn't out of the question after all.

Quoted post: You misunderstand me, I'm just talking about the cables. Zelda at 480p over component wouldn't look any worse than Zelda at 480p over HDMI.

Ah, my mistake. I figured you were comparing 480 to the likes of 720 and higher.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Speedfreak:
EDIT: Huh, after a quick calculation it seems Wii should be capable of 720i. Maybe that HD upgrade through firmware isn't out of the question after all.

HD Compatibility can be upgraded just through a firmware update? If that's the case, why wouldn't Nintendo just say screw it, and give you the option to get 720 or 1080?

You'd need the hardware for 1080, which the Wii lacks as far as I know.