Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll

Posted by Sean Fury

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHANTASMAGORIA:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll

I've very excited about this movie. Manson is a very intelligent man despite the fact that he is typically depicated as an idiot by the people who see his videos and are disgusted by his shock rock. In any case, I have high hopes that Manson is going to do a terrific job on twisting the world of Lewis Carroll and Alice around. I liked what Manson had to say about it, "I'm going to do a lot of things that may end up being illegal. Until they are, I will do them. I think it will change people's opinion about horror films and they will realize they're not all about slasher."

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's going to suck

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's going to suck

That's what people always say about movies, especially in the horror area. Tons of people come out going "Oh, this movie going to suck" or "Oh, blah blah is directing, it must end up being ****" and vice-versa. There's no real point arguing about it, but until a trailer or something comes out, ill-defined comments such as that shouldn't be made unless they have reason behind them!

[spoiler]lazy vampiro =O[/spoiler]

Tons of people say it because it's true. There hasn't been a truly good horror movie in years.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: There hasn't been a truly good horror movie in years.

I'll agree with you on that, especially after the past year or so (Saw/II/III, The Grudge/2, White Noise, etc. etc.), but....

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Tons of people say it because it's true.

is typically said about lots of movies in a lot of different ways. Oh, this movie is going to be awesome, everyone needs to go see it, best movie of the year, scariest movie of the year, funniest movie, etc. etc, but you hardly ever see (as in commercials and newspapers, I'm not talking about the internets) bad press for movies. I'll go lenient on the newspapers, because I have seen bad press, but they are almost always just some random person's review and the typical "professional" movie reviewer is biased against certain directors, film types, genres, etc and you can never get straight "Is this movie good or bad?" because it'll always differentiate on the person watching it.

Nah, most people say it because horror movies suck. That's the only reason.

Posted by temari

Quoting Sean Fury: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHANTASMAGORIA:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll

I've very excited about this movie. Manson is a very intelligent man despite the fact that he is typically depicated as an idiot by the people who see his videos and are disgusted by his shock rock. In any case, I have high hopes that Manson is going to do a terrific job on twisting the world of Lewis Carroll and Alice around. I liked what Manson had to say about it, "I'm going to do a lot of things that may end up being illegal. Until they are, I will do them. I think it will change people's opinion about horror films and they will realize they're not all about slasher."

i hope his version of alice in wonderland fallows through the with book, unlike the stinking disney version, which was a combo of the through the looking glass and alice in wonderland. as for the rest of the carroll stories, i can't recall ever hearing of a movie being made about them, so i'm depending on this manson character to do them justice

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting temari: i hope his version of alice in wonderland fallows through the with book, unlike the stinking disney version, which was a combo of the through the looking glass and alice in wonderland. as for the rest of the carroll stories, i can't recall ever hearing of a movie being made about them, so i'm depending on this manson character to do them justice

Hes the right person to do it. Either him or Tim Burton. Both have sick minds and would be perfect for this.

Posted by temari

when is it coming out?? i checked the net, can't find any info

Posted by Crazy K

The film will suck.

[quote=Tiptoegecko]Hes the right person to do it. Either him or Tim Burton. Both have sick minds and would be perfect for this.

How can you even compare the two?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Tons of people say it because it's true. There hasn't been a truly good horror movie in years.

I'm curious as to what truly ***o horror movies you'd be referring to. Not being an ***, I've honestly never seen a good one.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Crazy K: How can you even compare the two?

not really comparing, just saying Tim Burton or him would do a good job. Tim Burton of course would do a f'cking 10X better job than M.M would.