The Genesis-Chapter III

Posted by Arcadios

The Genesis-Chapter III
The Arrival

It was a cold night with a cloudless sky making the stars completely visible on the boat where Arcadios was residing in for the time being.
He was on his way to the other side of his home planet insearch of a tyrant that went by the name Kershawn Florenzo Murkstas who was terrorizing the people the lived there.
Arcadios had woken up from his sleep due to the constant shaking and tumbling of the ship. He rose from his bed and went out side of the wooden cabin the captain had giving him for his stay. He walked down the hall way and up the stair to see the brightly glowing stars in the sky and gazed at them. He turned his head down to see the captain beside a rail looking onto the never ending ocean. Arcadios felt a swift but chilling breeze as he approached the captain.
"Hey, can you tell me where we're heading to?"
"Of course, we're on a course to Sector 1." Answered the captain.
"What's Sector 1?"
"Sorry, your majesty but I didn't know that you've forgotten so much on that drinking bing."
"Well it was my first time and I'll not be doing it again, heh heh."
I need a new excuse.
"Well there are 10 sectors in all. Currently 7 of the 10 sectors have been taken over by Florenzo and the other 2 haven't been involved in conflict."
"But wait there's one you left out."
"Sector 3 is currently being under attack by Florenzo."
"Is there any type of resistance?"
"Yes but they're chances of survival are dim. Sectors 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 have all engaged with Florenzo's forces and have fallen. Sectors 2, 6, and 10 are nothing but destruction while Sectors 4, 5, and 8 are occupied by the army and people who are in a state of fear. We are going to Sector 1 which hasn't been touched by any sort of war....yet. Like I said before 3 is under attack and 7 hasn't been attack either. Sector 9 is Florenzo's home. He began a cult that eventually became a party in the government till he began getting more support from the people since he promised so many fantasies that were out of their reach and they believed that Florenzo would deliver. That never came true and once Florenzo had enough support from Sector 9 he started the uprising."
"Why is Florenzo doing all this?"
"I'd tell you but no one knows for sure. Some say it's his past that made him want revenge upon the whole nation. He was exiled once in his life for charges unknown. Others say that it's outta pure boredom. Only Florenzo knows for sure."
"Man, where have I been?"
"What was that?"
"Oh nothing."
"So what do you plan on doing once you've arrived at Sector 1?"
"I have to go to Sector 9 and face Florenzo. I wanna see if we can peacefully solve this and see what he's after."
"Florenzo isn't one to simply give in just for anybody."
"It's worth a try if not then I'll have to do something about it."
"Well good luck with that, you majesty. I'm behind you."
"Thanks, I hope the rest of my kingdom agrees with me on this one."
"Of course they will. You've been a fair and great king since the previous one."
"Yea..."
Who was the last king? Have I forgotten that too?
"Well you should get some rest. We'll be arriving at Sector 1 in the morning."
"Yea, I'm gonna go back to bed."
"Good night, your majesty."
"Same to ya."
Arcadios walked back to the stairs as the cold breeze hit him again.
He reverted to his sleep once he laid on his bed.
The morning sun had shown itself and the boat's loud horn woke Arcadios up.
"Man, morning already?"
A knock was heard on the door.
"Come in."
"Your majesty, we've arrived at Sector 1."
"Thanks, I'll be going out soon then."
"Please, treat yourself to a warm shower before your departure."
"Thanks, I'll do that."
Arcadios got up with his clothing still on from the night before and took them off until he was down to his blue boxers and white undershirt. He got out from his room and walked to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth with a tooth brush that was still in it's original package. He took a warm shower and went back to his room where he put the same clothing on as before since he had no other clothing. Once again he returned to the bathroom and applied hair gel and combed it backwards. He looked in the mirror one last time before he walked outside to fine the bright sun hit his face. After awhile the sun had gotten his face warm. The captain walked toward Arcadios who was still by the stair case.
"Well, your majesty. Will you be leaving now?"
"Yea, thanks again for everything."
"It was my pleasure but please take this as well."
The captain handed him a wallet with a lump sum of money in it.
"I can't take this."
"No, please do. You'll need it since this is a marketing place where you can buy all sorts of useful items that will be helpful in your journey."
"Thanks again, your hospitality won't be unappreciated."
Also I don't even have anything on me. Not even money.
Arcadios and the captain got off the ship and onto the dock.
"Please be careful on your quest."
"I will, see ya." Said Arcadios as he began walking away from the docking area and toward the gate of the sector.
"Goodbye." Yelled the captain who was waving goodbye.
Arcadios continued walking the long docking strip which was surrounded by clear water that sparked once the rays of the sun hit it's surface.
Now that I'm here, I should get some stuff while I'm at it.
Arcadios walked to the gate of the sector and could see a giant board that had a large number 1 written on it. He walked through the gate and found people who were busy shopping for food and other items that were on display. As he kept walking a shopkeep called out to him.
"You look like a healthy young man." Said the woman who was covered in a brown hood.
"Uhmmm...wouldn't say the same but I guess so." Responded Arcadios who walked up the the woman's stand.
"Well, would you like to by some potions that will be able to heal you when you are injured?"
"Nah, I'm good. Thanks for the offer thou."
"You best be wise about what you seek."
"Huh?"
"There are some conditions where you cannot find a remedy for."
"I guess you're right...."
"Beware of an illness. At first it will seem like a blessing automatically due to it's sudden side effects but truly it's nothing more than falling from grace. Like The Devil's Lost Paradise."
Arcadios had a pale look on his face as he tried to speak.
"What else do you know?"
"No more for the time being. We can't have a king worry, now can we?"
"Tell me more!"
"I'm sorry but you aren't in your kingdom anymore, your "majesty". You cannot simple order people around here."
"How do you know that I'm a king?"
"I've traveled the world in search of many things. I've come across your kingdom before. Twas a peaceful place but it won't last. Your Golden Age of prosperity will soon come to an end."
As soon as she spoke her words she vanished behind her booth.
Arcadios had a expression of surprise on his face as he looked around to see if any other people witnessed her disappearance.
What was that about? Will her predictions come true?
Arcadios continued walking till the crowd became bigger and then he walked to the opposite side of the gate where one can now walk to the other sectors.
Beating the afternoon rush, I guess.
A man with a shining plate of armor approached Arcadios with a look of happiness on his face.
"You majesty, You've come."
"Hey..."
"Do you not remember me?"
"I'm sorry but I don't."
"It's okay, as long as you're safe."
"I can tell from your outfit that you aren't from here."
"Yes, I've come from Arcadia to give you this."
The man stuck his hand out to reveal a type of device with a set of blue circular objects that were attached to the device from a thread.
"What's this?" Asked Arcadios.
"This is your device in which you listen to your most favorable music."
"Oh...."
Arcadios took the device and out it in his pocket while he attached the blue headphones on the collar of his brown shirt.
"Thanks but who told you I was going to be here?"
"Your father and mother were worried about you and you did instruct us to have them in charge before you left. So they commanded us to search for you and we sent a knight to each town. We were informed that you were found on the outskirts of Mideel and had been under the care of the elders there. They told us that you had left to find a way to take down the tyrant, Kershawn Florenzo Murkstas. But tell me, why did you not return to your home of Nazareth before your departure?"
"I need you to return a message to my parents."
"Yes, of course."
"Tell them I don't remember anything before I woke up in Mideel. Also tell them I'll return once I retrieve my lost memories."
"Yes, your majesty."
"Now, I'm going to Sector 9 and going to find this Florenzo guy."
"Will you try to make peace?"
"That's my first option, if not then I guess it'll lead into a fight."
"This will bring in Arcadia into the war of the sectors."
"Yea, I know. That's why I don't want the people to know that we might be hurled into a whirlwind of conflict. Only tell this to my parents and no one else. I'm trusting you."
"Yes of course, your majesty."
"I'll see ya later."
With that said Arcadios attached his head phones and began listening to the music which was contained in it. The armored figure left as well to return to Arcadia and deliver the message.
Arcadios began to walk the road which lead to different sectors.
He noticed that the sky had turned for a darker color even thought it was day light and there were no clouds in the sky. The further he gotten away from Sector 1 he saw that the grass was beginning to go from lushes green to pale yellow indicating the grass was dying. He came by a lake and noticed it was a dark and foul color as if it were polluted unlike the clear crisp water from the docking area back in Sector 1.
Everything is withering away as I continue down the road to Sector 9....the illness.....and prosperities end that the old woman spoke of.....This won't be easy.
And that dream that's still in my mind. I have to get my memories back. Until then I'm just lost.

Posted by Wally The Weird

I'll read it later, turkey time now, and Lord of the Rings :-)

Posted by Arcadios

I'm actually pretty satisfied that you'll read it.
Have you read the others?

Posted by NeXidala

I really liked the way you described the road to Sector 9.
At first, I thought you were gonna make it similar to the Kingdom Hearts roads.
But it's really good.
But there are other things.
First, I liked the way how you set it up to start talking about the Sectors.
But, it was really confusing. Think you can make it clearer?
Also, Sector 9 is Florenzo's HOME territory so it has not fallen! It's still running because it's the one Florenzo chose as his like main sector. So by default it has not gone against the wrath of Florenzo's army. To make it more clear, America wouldn't send it's army to fight itself on home territory right? Fix that.
All in all, it was good.
I'll start writing Chapter 4 sometime this weekend.

Posted by Arcadios

Fix'd
And I made a little background history on it.
[quote]"Yes but they're chances of survival are dim. Sectors 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 have all engaged with Florenzo's forces and have fallen. Sectors 2, 6, and 10 are nothing but destruction while Sectors 4, 5, and 8 are occupied by the army and people who are in a state of fear. We are going to Sector 1 which hasn't been touched by any sort of war....yet. Like I said before 3 is under attack and 7 hasn't been attack either. Sector 9 is Florenzo's home. He began a cult that eventually became a party in the government till he began getting more support from the people since he promised so many fantasies that were out of their reach and they believed that Florenzo would deliver. That never came true and once Florenzo had enough support from Sector 9 he started the uprising."

Posted by NeXidala

Kay that's good I'm satsified.
BTW, I'm going to be VERY busy this week so it'll take me a while to write Chapter 4.

Posted by Arcadios

More time for me to form my concept for the story.
Also, Dani.
I said I'll make it work now just cool down and let me do what I gotta do.
You'll understand later.