Wii Play

Posted by Dexter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Play

Wii Sports is so much fun, I'm certain to pick this game up. It has a release date of January 15th. I have a strong feeling this one will be even better than Wii Sports. 9 mini-games instead of 5 and they all look enjoyable, especially Shooting and Tanks! Charge seems creative and Pool should work really well with the Wiimote. I'm also glad to see that they're incorporating the Mii characters so much, giving them two games. It kinda sucks that it comes with a Wiimote, since I already have four. I could always use an extra or give it to a friend but the game would've probably gotten a much cheaper price tag without it.

And hopefully the gun-attachment will be out by then so I can enjoy Shooting even more! Any word on when that's going to be released?

Posted by Bebop

Play is here for UK launch and its a good thing it comes with a Wiimote. I'm picking it up at launch.

Posted by Dexter

Nice. I would've liked it as a luanch game, especially since it comes with the Wiimote. Maybe there'll be a way to get it cheaper without the Wiimote. I assume it is going to be a regular priced game? 40 dollars including the Wiimote? I bet it could've been a 20 dollar simply made game, like Brain Age, if it wasn't for the Wiimote. I mean, I'm looking forward to it and all, but 40 dollars might be a high price for it.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

40 dollars is the price of ONE wiimote if it was 40 dollars that would be a great price

Posted by Dexter

Oh, I know it. It would be a good price, so imagine how good it would be without the Wiimote for those of us who already have a four set?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I played almost everything in Wii Play today and it's definitely on par with Sports. The games can be a lot more engaging - Tanks especially wouldn't look out of place on Live Arcade or the VC as a paid download, for example - and the target practice game is excellent, even if it does seem like Duck Hunt and Point Blank had a bast[color=white]ard child. The one that the dude seemed to like demoing for some reason was a weird kind of racing game (which, ironically, seemed to have the same amount of depth as Excite Truck) where you rode on knitted cows(!), but I can see that getting old the quickest.

It's basically free with a Wiimote, though, so why am I trying to convince you to get it? :) I love how I'll be able to rub it in everybody's face that we have it a month early, though.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i cant live without Wiiplay

i just cant

i will be getting this.

Posted by Bebop

I wouldnt call it on par with Sports but for 10 quid its really great. Find Mii is quite a laugh.

Posted by Dexter

So are you saying it's not as good? Did you guys get a free controller with it like we do?

Yeah, controller with it, and yeah, it's worth the cash for the shooting gallery and Tanks! alone. Billiards is solid if shallow, and Pose Mii is hilarious. Every little game is a lot deeper than it appears and it's sucked away loads of my time tonight.

Posted by Bebop

Tanks is jolly good fun but I prefer Find Mii to Pose. I wouldnt warrant the shooing gallery for a purchase. Once youve played it once there isnt really a reason to go back.

I dunno, I enjoy it. And Find Mii really is great.

Posted by RandomizeR

Wiki says February 12 now for the release date..

is this true?

Posted by Kit

I got this at Christmas, and I think it's fun, Table Tennis is fun, but it keeps losing control, which sucks. But I love Find Mii. Definately.

Posted by RandomizeR

lucky.

well it says the US release date is Feb 12 now :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I really like Wii Play. I only discovered yesterday that in Target Practice, if you pick up two Wiimotes and play it with one in each hand, you can dual wield. Actually makes it harder, as I never realised how dang difficult it is to co-ordinate the two hemispheres of my brain.

:(

Posted by Dexter

Very difficult, indeed. I learned that back when I first started taking drum lessons.

Wait, you can dual wield in single-player? I'm trying THAT tomorrow.

And yeah, it was delayed for the West due to a shortage of Wiimotes.

Posted by Dexter

Bah, to tell the truth, I lost a ton of interest in it after I got Monkey Ball. The mini games in there are satisfying enough and with Mario Party 8 coming out, I'll be mini-gamed-out. I might still get it since I need another Wiimote anyway, especially if the price is right.

Posted by RandomizeR

how have you already played it Dex?

He hasn't, he's just not interested in it. But I don't see how the games in Monkey Ball are keeping you interested in that. All reports I've heard say they're all awful.

Posted by Dexter

No way. It's easily better than Wii Sports. Dart throwing with the Wiimote works very well. Try it out sometime.