Sony Tape Tool acting weird...

Posted by Proto Man

Alright, I use the Sony Tape Tool utility for my SDT 9000. For some reason though, recently it has stopped working. I go to try and run it, it acts like it's loading, and then restarts my computer. It has run fine before, so I don't know exactly what is causing this. The only thing I can think of that I have done different recently was I ran a Windows System Restore a couple days ago. Not sure how that would affect it. Any help here would be very much appreciated, as I don't want to re-install Windows over this.

Posted by Trigger

Old topic but have you ever checked your event viewer after a system reboot? Usually a hexadecimal stop code is written somewhere within one of the save dump log entries which can be used to accurately identify what forced a restart. Lots of things could cause that within one program, so any information you can provide would help.

Also, have you tried their customer support or online help forums? Perhaps this issue has already been documented with a solution.

Posted by Proto Man

Well I ended up reformating my system, but it was my own fault.

Quoting Trigger: Old topic but have you ever checked your event viewer after a system reboot? Usually a hexadecimal stop code is written somewhere within one of the save dump log entries which can be used to accurately identify what forced a restart. Lots of things could cause that within one program, so any information you can provide would help.

Also, have you tried their customer support or online help forums? Perhaps this issue has already been documented with a solution.

I found the problem, it is my sound card believe it or not. Apparently the driver has issues in Windows XP SP2. This is the only program I have seen this happen though. There isn't anything I can do about it though except get a new sound card. I have a Sound Blaster Live!, and Creative doesn't have an update for it to fix the problem.

Thanks for the tip!

So hopefully I will get that Sound Blaster XtremeMusic for Christmas! :)