Kramer Goes Krazy

Posted by Last Fog

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

Oh, man.

Posted by Ant

He went a little overboard, but I think we was trying to make a point about how words can hurt people so much, even though they were just words. I really doubt he's a full blown racist though :/

Posted by Pit

In his apology, you can actually tell he's racist, from tidbits here and there, but you can tell his apology is sincere.

Is he a racist, yeah, but who gives a ****. Racism is everywhere in the U.S., some more than others. I don't think he did this to be racist, as Ant said, but mainly to **** off the black people who were heckling him and being disruptive in the audience. I mean, you call a black person a ****** and there's no response they can give you other than beat the **** out of you. It's an insult that's hurtful and that's really hard to retort to. So to shut them up, he called them a ******, but by making the point on how words can make people shut up and be hurtful.

Black people should shut up and stop playing the race card. So he called them a ******, and the black guys called him a cracker.

Posted by Arwon

Wow, apparently he's a sh!t comedian if he can't take being heckled.

Posted by Omni

I don't know that he's automatically a racist just for saying that, as it could have been just an underthought way to get his point across, but it was stupid of him to do that kind of thing. I think he took it a little bit too far on that stage, though. The other guy called him a cracker, so I say they're even, plus Kramer totally apologized. His comment was directed at just one person. Anyways, I won't argue anything. That's just what I think.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't know that he's automatically a racist just for saying that,

Nah, it makes you a racist. No matter the reason, the guy was right. It's uncalled for and straight-up racist.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Ant: He went a little overboard

Just a little

[quote=Arwon]apparently he's a sh!t comedian if he can't take being heckled.
You only have to look at his stand up to know he's an awful stand up.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nah, it makes you a racist. No matter the reason, the guy was right. It's uncalled for and straight-up racist.

I meant that although the word is racist, saying it could possibly be used for impact. I think he is a racist, by the way, I was just saying it's not automatically true. Curse your endless logic!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

he got ****ed about them interrupting him and went for the jugular. It worked. Surprise surprise. The thing is, I hate that ****. Loud f*cking black people. I walked out of a movie and got my money back because of that crap. They heckled me as I walked out, because I came to see a movie and not hear them yell crap back and forth to eachother. It's total bullsh**, and I can understand where he's coming from. Ignorant white people annoy us with their mullets and their racism and their over-zealous religion, but ignorant black people are loud, obnoxious, and think that the fact that they are black somehow excludes them from catching heat for their actions. The fact of the matter is, that it does. In this society you're expected to put up with black people who act like delinquents because they're black. Don't deny it, at least I know it's true down here. White people are hesitant to tell black people to be quiet or settle down in public, because they're that edge where you think that somehow you'll be labeled a racist. It exists, people. Quit ignoring it. I think what he did was wrong, in that I would have called them alot worse names not evoking race, but I won't say anything bad about him because I know how he feels and I've been there. I'm tired of people being afraid to stand up to idiot minorities in public, and while his delivery needed work I applaud him for clearing those bastards out. And for the record, he did a bangup job in seinfeld and UHF, so I'd hardly say he's a ****-poor comedian because he went off and insulted some hecklers, Arwon. I'm tired of people acting like peices of garbage to famous people just because they're famous. Hecklers are in sports, papparazzi, audiences, etc, and it's retarded, because somehow people always get so upset when the person being heckled does what is HUMAN and retaliates. Oh let's just conveniently forget that the person being heckled was coaxed into it. I swear you people are so gad**** stupid sometimes.

Posted by Axis

He apologized on David Letterman last night.

Quoted post: I meant that although the word is racist, saying it could possibly be used for impact. I think he is a racist, by the way, I was just saying it's not automatically true. Curse your endless logic!

The reasons don't matter. The whole point of attacking a heckler is to shame him while making the rest of the crowd laugh at his idiocy. Instead Kramar goes on a racist rant embarrassing and shocking everyone else. You're not supposed to drive away your audience.

Posted by Linko_16

I'd like to hear just how much these guys were heckling him before he went off. Being who I am, I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't've exploded like that unless they were being real *******s, but I'd still like to hear how bad they were.

Posted by Pit

vamp said kramar

lock thread/

Good times.

Posted by Arwon

i'm sorry BJ, but shouting streams of hysterical abuse is pretty much textbook "bad comedian" (well, unless your act is that you're a crazy drunk or something). I'm sure you can imagine the awkward silence in the club after that tirade, that's not good comedy, that's not some victimised hero standing up with courage to the nasty darkies, that's a guy more used to acting than standup having no idea how to handle heckling. Did his response get a laugh? Or did it kill the laughter? I doubt it was the former.

Quoted post: I think what he did was wrong, in that I would have called them alot worse names not evoking race, but I won't say anything bad about him because I know how he feels and I've been there. I'm tired of people being afraid to stand up to idiot minorities in public, and while his delivery needed work I applaud him for clearing those bastards out.

Difference being: He didn't stand up to idiot minorities in public. He was blatantly racist. You can tell off a black guy without having to constantly repeat "ni[COLOR="White"]g[/COLOR]ger" and say things like "don't interrupt the white man." You're saying it like what he did was a noble act, when in fact it was deplorable. He acted like an ******* and effectively cleared out the audience that payed to see him. The hecklers didn't do it, he did... by being overly racist.

He doesn't need to work on his delivery, rather, his tact.

Posted by Killer Jordo

He was a good actor on Seinfeld, but now he has lsot his talent.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: he got ****ed about them interrupting him and went for the jugular. It worked. Surprise surprise. The thing is, I hate that ****. Loud f*cking black people. I walked out of a movie and got my money back because of that crap. They heckled me as I walked out, because I came to see a movie and not hear them yell crap back and forth to eachother. It's total bullsh**, and I can understand where he's coming from. Ignorant white people annoy us with their mullets and their racism and their over-zealous religion, but ignorant black people are loud, obnoxious, and think that the fact that they are black somehow excludes them from catching heat for their actions. The fact of the matter is, that it does. In this society you're expected to put up with black people who act like delinquents because they're black. Don't deny it, at least I know it's true down here. White people are hesitant to tell black people to be quiet or settle down in public, because they're that edge where you think that somehow you'll be labeled a racist. It exists, people. Quit ignoring it. I think what he did was wrong, in that I would have called them alot worse names not evoking race, but I won't say anything bad about him because I know how he feels and I've been there. I'm tired of people being afraid to stand up to idiot minorities in public, and while his delivery needed work I applaud him for clearing those bastards out. And for the record, he did a bangup job in seinfeld and UHF, so I'd hardly say he's a ****-poor comedian because he went off and insulted some hecklers, Arwon. I'm tired of people acting like peices of garbage to famous people just because they're famous. Hecklers are in sports, papparazzi, audiences, etc, and it's retarded, because somehow people always get so upset when the person being heckled does what is HUMAN and retaliates. Oh let's just conveniently forget that the person being heckled was coaxed into it. I swear you people are so gad**** stupid sometimes.

I agree about the idiot minorites in general, but "Kramer" was basically just being blantantly racist here. People are human though, and I'm sure after having this **** annoyed out of you by hecklers/news/media, you'll just let some of them have it. If idiot majority members can get told off, the same should go for minority members. It's racist treatment for them to get away with that sort of behaviour. This situation reminds me of the Boston Legal episode where a "famous actor" shoots a paparazzi guy after he consistantly bothers her as much as he possibly can. Sometimes when you try to get a rise out of people, you're successful and it ends up being hurtful, physical or emotional.

Posted by Last Fog

I find it interesting how the whole audiance laughed when he made the lynching joke, but as soon as he started with the n*gger comments they all gasp and get up and leave.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Killer Jordo: He was a good actor on Seinfeld, but now he has lsot his talent.

Racism does not constitute a loss of talent.

Posted by junior senior

At first I thought he was kidding, but then when he responded to the first comment, hell, it sounded scary.

Posted by Average n00b

Hm, I personally say that that was..Some form of racism, I've only learned about this subject for about a year now, so obviously most of you know about it more than I, but from what I see, he probably had a reason for the..'Joke'.

Yes it was very offensive, especially saying that around black people in the audience, but if they had a deal with it, they should've just calmly got up and walked outside, as a couple did near the end.

If he apologized and thought it was not offensive and NEVER does it again, I will forgive and forget, because I never watched Seinfeld, nor even seen the actor before.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Average n00b: If he apologized and thought it was not offensive and NEVER does it again, I will forgive and forget, because I never watched Seinfeld, nor even seen the actor before.
How could he not think it's offensive? He knows **** well its offensive, that was the point.

And he did apologize and say it was cause he cracked under the pressure.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Last Fog: How could he not think it's offensive? He knows **** well its offensive, that was the point.

I never said that he WASN'T offensive, I recall saying that it WAS.

Yes, I just saw the video of the apology, he made a very bad mistake, he's a human after all, isn't he?

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Last Fog: How could he not think it's offensive? He knows **** well its offensive, that was the point.

Alright, sorry I didn't really think while I was typing, sorry about that. Yes, he did know that it was offensive, but obviously he did not know that the crowd was going to throw a fit at him.

Mhm, he made a mistake..A horrible mistake. He is human, human's always makes mistakes, it's best to forgive it and move on.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay, originally it seemed like he was being overly racist to make a joke against some hecklers: 'see, you're shocked now. that shocked you,' but then it just morphs into 'oh wait, let's start calling all these people ******s simply because right now I've got a soapbox to stand on.'

Inexcusable. I didn't even know who the guy was beforehand and now I'm steering clear.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting what I said at GameWire on the topic:

Quoting /S/ean /F/ury: I was wondering where he went.

Who cares though, really? People go on racial tirades all the time, but just because someone is famous, or previously famous, does that really mean we gotta focus on them the whole time? What if he had been having a bad night/day and heckling was the last straw? There've been times where I flipped out on people and I used every insult against them I could think of, merely because I was ****ed off, not because I was racist, but because to insult them and make them go away/shut up/whatever I had to be as offensive as possible.

Thread over.

Quoted post: What if he had been having a bad night/day and heckling was the last straw?

"Sorry, officer. I was just, you know, having a bad day and my wife was constantly nagging me... I couldn't handle it. It was just a bad day, I didn't really mean to kill her. I just couldn't take it anymore"

Yeah, that has never been excuse.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: "Sorry, officer. I was just, you know, having a bad day and my wife was constantly nagging me... I couldn't handle it. It was just a bad day, I didn't really mean to kill her. I just couldn't take it anymore"

Yeah, that has never been excuse.

That's quite an over-exageration to go from bad day and insults to bad day and killing.

Then you're stupid. That was my point. It's not an excuse, no matter the situation.

Plus, you beat the **** out of girls and threaten to slam kids' faces into lockers. Well, try to beat and attempt the threaten. but whatevs.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Then you're stupid. That was my point. It's not an excuse, no matter the situation.

Plus, you beat the **** out of girls and threaten to slam kids' faces into lockers. Well, try to beat and attempt the threaten. but whatevs.

Aside from karate sparring and a fight when I was in 6th grade, I've never got into a real fight in my life.

Exactly.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"I find it interesting how the whole audiance laughed when he made the lynching joke, but as soon as he started with the n*gger comments they all gasp and get up and leave."

Did anyone else notice that too? I mean, saying that the guy should be hung upside down witha fork up his *** for being black didnt bother anyone, but OH NOES say someones a niggger and suddenly you're racist? If he had just stopped there and talked about hte point he was aking this wouldnt have happened, and the guys might have shut up. This whole thing seems like someones hangup over a single word, which is insanely retarded.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]"I find it interesting how the whole audiance laughed when he made the lynching joke, but as soon as he started with the n*gger comments they all gasp and get up and leave."

Did anyone else notice that too? I mean, saying that the guy should be hung upside down witha fork up his *** for being black didnt bother anyone, but OH NOES say someones a niggger and suddenly you're racist? If he had just stopped there and talked about hte point he was aking this wouldnt have happened, and the guys might have shut up. This whole thing seems like someones hangup over a single word, which is insanely retarded.

That was the first thing I noticed. If he had left it like that he would've been okay. I found the first comment particularly hilarious because he just came up with it on the spot and it was an actual joke. Racist, yes, but it seemed like he was trying to offend them in return rather than spout out any genuine racism.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, you're a moron.

So its okay to say that someone should be hung upside down while being sodomized with a cutting implement based on their race, but using a word that, proper in use or no, is actually used to describe the person in question and WHO NELLY YOURE A RACIST.

Considering the fact that, at that point, he could have gotten away with it as just part of the act, it makes sense. Pretty much after that most people started cluing in that he's pretty ****ing serious and it's not going to end well.

Plus, the laughter was a fairly awkward one.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It's not his fault the niggers were at his show.

Posted by Sean Fury

Just shows how fast people work when stuff like this happens.

Posted by Lord of Spam

man, the internet wastes no time mining every cent it can out of people.

lol I'd buy it.

TShirt Hell is awesome.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: Wow, you're a moron.

So its okay to say that someone should be hung upside down while being sodomized with a cutting implement based on their race, but using a word that, proper in use or no, is actually used to describe the person in question and WHO NELLY YOURE A RACIST.

Christ you're an idiot.
The first comment came off as a witty response and an offensive joke, meaning he got away with it (think of South Park). Everything else didnt come across like that. It became clear it was more malice than humour. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Sean Fury: Aside from karate sparring and a fight when I was in 6th grade, I've never got into a real fight in my life.

Wow, really? I always thought you were a toally bardcore hadass.

It's the 'Fury' that deceives you It's all just an elaborate trap.

Posted by Bebop

ITS A ******! HEY LOOK ITS A ******!

Classic comedy[/ninja]

Posted by brownoystercult

My response to him hanging black people if it was 50 years ago: If it was 60 years ago, he'd be getting cremated with the rest of the Jews. Since he is, y'know, Jewish and all.

Posted by Bebop

The Jews are cremated in Germany 60 years ago, not America.

While we're at it over 2,000 years ago he would have been nailed to wood.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Let him be racist. There's a little thing called "freedom of speech" that lets him say what he wants to say. There's also a little hting called "right to bear arms" that should let him know not to say the things he wants to say.

Posted by Arwon

Skitzo Control, constitutional scholar.

Posted by Bebop

I think what you meant to say was "IT'S A ******! LOOK IT'S A ******! IT'S A ******!"

Posted by ScudZteR

Whenever I watch the Sein now all I'm going to be able to think of when I see him is this. I mean, of course I'll still enjoy the show, but I'll always think, "wow, oh yea he blew up on those guys in the comedy act" I think It'll be the same with a lot of people, but a lot of people will be crazy about it and refuse to watch (say a group of people I saw on Fox news a couple days ago, refusing to watch due to Kramer's little outburst)

Haha, the past few days that's what I've been thinking every time I watch it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: Christ you're an idiot.
The first comment came off as a witty response and an offensive joke, meaning he got away with it (think of South Park). Everything else didnt come across like that. It became clear it was more malice than humour. Whats so hard to understand about that?

I do understand it, moron. I'm saying its stupid. If being racist is wrong, then its wrong. Being funny doesnt make it okay. DUR.

Quoted post: If being racist is wrong, then its wrong. Being funny doesnt make it okay. DUR.

Yes it does. A ton of comedy is based on race and racism. As long as you keep it light and humourous no one cares. Kramar did neither.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

but I laughed :(

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I think the audience stopped laughing after the first remark because they began to realize he wasn't fooling around, not because of the word itself. At first, it seems like he's just firing back, but then when a spring snaps in his head, they realize he's not fooling around.

Is he a racist for it? Yeah, I think that true feelings come out when emotions are running high and you're not thinking logically enough to hold back. Same thing happened with Mel Gibson (don't tell me it was the alcohol - I've been far drunker than that and have never felt any ill will towards Jews because of alcohol). We saw a glimpse of how he really feels, and now that his emotions died down, he can put on the PC-face again.

Posted by KoH

Aaand the apology:

[URL="http://www.break.com/index/kramers_apology.html"]http://www.break.com/index/kramers_apology.html[/URL]

"Afro-americans."

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: I do understand it, moron. I'm saying its stupid. If being racist is wrong, then its wrong. Being funny doesnt make it okay. DUR.

Death is wrong. You make jokes about that. Seriously if you're going to say statements like that than you yourself shouldnt laugh about it in any way or form. You're a hypocrite and hopefully you'll get cancer. Humour and it's subject matter is subjective. Saying people cant make jokes about one thing because its bad would make comedy limited, dull and repetitive*. Raping kids isnt cool but thats not going to stop Micheal Jackson jokes.

*[spoiler]American basically :p[/spoiler]

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: *[spoiler]American basically :p[/spoiler]

Yu actually made a valid point for once, and then went and ruined it by acting like a total ****wit. congrats! Hey, you're british! I guess that means you're a pastey little wuss of a fag who cant stand physical exertion. Also, you have bad teeth and drop everything you're doing 2 or 3 times a day to suck down tea. You also cant fight for **** and have terrible teeth, as well as an unjustified arrogance that gets you laughed at around the world. And whats more, the only thing that you have to rely on to try to justify your own swollen national ego is that you used to be the rulers of the world. Well guess what, now its one of your ****ing COLONIEs that has *****slapped your *** back into its rightful place, and you cant stand it as a nation.

lol stereotypes are fun, lets not make any real thoughts, lets just play on nationalities.

also, arwon is apparently a big fat drunk who only cares about getting hammered and playing football, and couldnt speak with an ounce of tact if his life depended on it. BJ is from alabama, so he must just be some big fat stupid hick who doesnt know **** about anything and is cultured at all (and certinly couldnt do anything like speak french).

HAHA STEREOTYPES LMAO

anywho, I gotta agree with Bebop in this case. As I said, stereotyping and racism is a huge part of comedy. It's hilarious in a certain context, and completely deplorable in another.

Posted by Bebop

OMG Spam you're racist. I hope the police come to arrest you and put you on a bus with all the other KKK members.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting KoH: Aaand the apology:

[URL="http://www.break.com/index/kramers_apology.html"]http://www.break.com/index/kramers_apology.html[/URL]

"Afro-americans."

wrong

real apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnm8fzRExc&mode=related&search=

Well played.

Posted by sniper

Based on the outbreak, I wouldn't say he's conclusively racist. There have been times where I have been so ****ed at someone, I'd try to hit them where it hurts, be it their appearance, race, whatever, even though I really don't have a problem with it. I'm sure I'm not alone on this either. He regrets doing it, he apologized, forget about it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've actually heard that Michael Richards is a dick, in real life. Like the incident on the show "Fridays" with Andy Kauffman.

Anyway, Micheal Richards lost it, and that sucks for him. He's done serious damage to his rep, and his petty apology on Letterman isn't gonna quell all the black folks.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I've actually heard that Michael Richards is a dick, in real life. Like the incident on the show "Fridays" with Andy Kauffman.

Anyway, Micheal Richards lost it, and that sucks for him. He's done serious damage to his rep, and his petty apology on Letterman isn't gonna quell all the black folks.

It doesn't even matter anymore, aside from being a cameo in a few movies he hasn't done anything besides stand-up since Seinfeld pretty much, so it's not like he's going to be worried about getting more work or anything.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah. It sucks because he played Stanley Spadowski in UHF, one of my favorite movies.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting sniper: He regrets doing it, he apologized, forget about it.
I honestly doubt he regrets anything, except maybe the all the negativity toward him. He pretty much had to apologize, doesn't mean he meant it.

Quoted post: he hasn't done anything besides stand-up since Seinfeld pretty much,

And his stand-up sucks anyways. So no loss there.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Now he's making the rounds on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton's radio shows. It's humorous to hear how beaten-down he sounds, as if he's a victim of circumstance here...

Posted by blood_will_shatter

i heard about this and watched the video he went crazier than i had thought he went(frist time seeing the video)