Wii = emotional immersion

Posted by Speedfreak

http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/11/a_console_to_make_you_wiip.php?page=1

Quite an interesting article here about the fact that Wii will allow for much greater emotional immersion because the root of our emotions, the body, is much more involved in the game.

Wii is best for hardcore gamers.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: You might even break a sweat.

I haven't experienced this myself, but Rach sure does. She gets so into Tennis and her stance is so Tennis-like. She even thinks she needs to jump up to hit the ball downward at times. She does emotionally get into the games more than she would with other consoles. Parrying enemies in Red Steel is intense using the Nunchuk compared to parrying in any other game using a regular button.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I realized how much I loved my Wii last night when I was picking myself off the floor, saying "what fucking bullshit that call was" in Tennis.

I love Wii.

Posted by Ant

In the first boss in Zelda, I felt like it was a really intense moment. If I were to be playing the GameCube version I have a feeling I wouldn't have thought much of it. But actually having to aim and swinging the sword made quite a big impression on me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I cry every time I play DDR, and throw myself into a blinding rage of metal every time I touch Guitar Hero.

I can only image what the Wii will do to me.

Posted by Drewboy64

I broke a tiny sweat when doing Wii boxing.

I really really got into tennis, it was super fun. And when I ride by Moblins on Epona and slice them, I get into that.

Man, riding epona is awesome.

Posted by Bebop

I swear when I die on Monkey Ball on GC.

When Banana Blitz comes round I will kill people.

Posted by Dexter

Monkey Ball has automatic emotional immersion capabilities. I need to get the Wii version.