Mii Characters!

Posted by Dexter

This feature is fun! You can't get overly detailed about your character, but they offer enough for you to create a decent enough character that is fun to play with in Wii Sports. Velvet Nightmare sent his character over to me and I recognized the similarity between his Mii character and himself. I wasn't even looking forward to this feature much but now I'm beginning to imagine the possibilities. They'll probably add upgrades later for further details. Additional options, like animal faces or something. At least a cat girl or a fox boy. That would be splendid. More color options or clothing styles would also be nice.

I hope we are able to incorporate our characters a lot in future games. I think it would be great to include them into an Animal Crossing game. That's partly why I thought having animal options would come in handy (because it sucks being the only non-furry character in town). Also, imagine being able to use your Mii character in Super Smash!!! I don't see why not. Really, it would work out nicely, assuming it was done correctly.

Posted by Ant

Honestly, I don't think my character came out to look much like myself. I did as close a job as possible, but still, something seems off.

Posted by Bebop

How can you send Miis to one another? Did he bring his remote over or what?

Posted by Speedfreak

You connect online, fool.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Mhm, just sent over the mail system. It's really cool, considering they start popping up in some games, like Wii Sports. It's always nice to have the people you really like, as well as say, others, for stuff like boxing. I need inispiration to wail on certain folks.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Ant: Honestly, I don't think my character came out to look much like myself. I did as close a job as possible, but still, something seems off.

I couldn't even attempt to create one that resembles me. They just don't have enough options for my particular details. I did, however, make one that resembles Mario fairly well. Post up your friend code and I'll send the plumber your way sometime.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I actually think I got lucky, mine looks significantly like myself. I hope they allow you to customize things like clothing at some point too.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Someone attempt to make one of me and report back how close it came.

Posted by Dexter

There's no way. I don't think there's a hair option that could match yours, even in the girls' selection. There's no grim clothing selection, either. Also, to get the fur on the face would be difficult, because the options in that regards are lacking significantly. They really could use some updates.

How disappointing :(

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't get one to look like myself, either. Not enough options. I'm sure they'll update it eventually. They desperately need more furry options. Girls want their cat ears!

Posted by Bebop

Using the Mii emulator I got mine to look like myself. And what do you mean by not enough options? The Mii is supposed to capture someones traits, not duplicate them exactly. One of your friends got big afro hair? Give thei Mii big afro hair! You dont have to measure it exactly. If your friend spend an hour creating their Miis imagine how daunting, long and boring creating a Mii with millions of options would be. Certainly a turn off to the non-gamer. Its good they havent gone over board.

Pretty sure I once spent over five hours in a create-a-character mode once. Pretty awesome.

Posted by Bebop

Pretty sure I spent over 20 mins in a create-a-characer mode once. Whats your point?

It's good to go overboard. I can spend literally hours in CAC and have fun. That's my point.

Posted by Bebop

Not all the time. Especially for a non gamer. I can understand in titles where character looks are more realistic like say Tony Hawks or even Warcraft. As far as Sports and Miis in general, it keeps with their cartoony nature. Even so I havent had a problem getting a Mii to look like me so far.

You can still keep them simple and cartoony while having a bit more variety. No one is asking for a million different alterations, just a bit more choices.

Posted by Dexter

Non gamers don't need to take so much time on their character if they don't want to. Just knowing what is possible will linger in their minds. For gamers, they will be satisfied with numerous options. I think the Mii emulator has more options too, Bebop, so you might agree that more options will be a good idea once you get going on your own Mii character. It's not very difficult, either,, and it is lots of fun. It would definitely be funner with more options, easily.