WiiConnect 24 Error

Posted by Ant

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746907p1.html

[quote=IGN]November 20, 2006 - We have received word from numerous sources that running the initial WiiConnect 24 update on the Wii has had a tendency to cause a recurring error code. Several error codes have been reported so far, but the most prevalent of them are 110213 and 32002. We contacted Nintendo about this issue, and they filled us in on what you should do if you find yourself in this predicament.

Currently, Nintendo has two options in place to resolve the problem. If you do not have any data saved to your system that is important to keep, then you can contact Nintendo customer service and they will ship a new console to you in 3-4 business days. However, if you do have important data saved to your system, then things get a little trickier. Data like game saves and Miis are not disastrous to lose, but Virtual Console data is. While Virtual Console games are re-downloadable should you delete them, the data saved on your console regarding which games you have downloaded is tied to your system. In this situation, option #2 is the way to go.

Option #2 requires that Nintendo send you a shipping label which should take 4-10 business days. Once you receive the shipping label, you can use it to send the console to Nintendo for repairs, after which they will send it back to you. Sadly, this process takes 8-12 business days, meaning that if you choose option #2, you will be Wii-less for a good long while.

Nintendo could not comment on how widespread this problem is, but did say that they are currently looking into fixes that can be done without Nintendo replacing or repairing the console itself. If you find yourself receiving either of these error codes, or any others, please visit Nintendo's customer service website.

I thought it was just mine. Ugh, I don't want to lose what I've done on Zelda so far, but I don't want to be Wii-less either. NOT COOL NINTENDO!

Posted by Dexter

Wow, this is more common than I thought. I never expected such problems. Mine's been working perfectly so far, but is there going to be a deadline when you won't be able to get repairs anymore? What if something does go wrong with my Wii but I miss my opportunity to get it repaired? That worries me a bit. :(

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Wow, this is more common than I thought. I never expected such problems. Mine's been working perfectly so far, but is there going to be a deadline when you won't be able to get repairs anymore? What if something does go wrong with my Wii but I miss my opportunity to get it repaired? That worries me a bit. :(

I wouldn't worry about that man. Look how long they had NES repairs? It was only in the last couple of years they stopped doing Catridge battery replacements.

Anyhow this is very odd indeed. It's been over 20 years that Nintendo has had any major launch problems. I wasn hoping that this wouldn't break that trend. :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Proto Man: It was only in the last couple of years they stopped doing Catridge battery replacements.

Is there any place that still does this? My Banjo-Kazooie game for the 64 needs it. Unfortunately, it won't save at all.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Oh well, Nintendo had to have problems sooner or later.
Hopefully All the bugs will be ironed out for the PAL release.

...At least Wii's don't blow up, unlike some other consoles... ;) :p:

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Is there any place that still does this? My Banjo-Kazooie game for the 64 needs it. Unfortunately, it won't save at all.

Yeah actually, there is. I will PM you the link.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Just get a $10 soldering iron and do it yourself.

EDIT: I forgot you need the Nintendo screwdrivers to open carts.

Posted by HfsJunky

Dexter your Wii is perfect. Why worry?

Posted by Speedfreak

Our Wiis will work.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting HfsJunky: Dexter your Wii is perfect. Why worry?

Right now I can get free repairs, but later on, I might have to pay. So far I haven't had any problems, so I'm not that worried, but what about when the time for online gaming comes and then something goes wrong?

And mind you, I got two Wiis, and both of them are working fine, so far. I suppose if I haven't had any problems yet then I'm fine.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: EDIT: I forgot you need the Nintendo screwdrivers to open carts.

The shop I work at has some :cool:

Posted by Hyper

[quote]A Possible Fix for "52030" and "32002" errors on the Wii Console

Some users are having a problem reconnecting to the WiiConnect Service after updating there systems.

If you are getting either a 32002, or a 52030 error try changing your channel on the router to 11 or 1. If your already on one of these channels go ahead and set it to anything else, let the router cycle through (will reboot after change) and then change it to channel 11 or one. Also if you have a cordless phone go ahead and turn it off just to make sure there is no interference. If none of that works go ahead and call Nintendo about organizing a replacement unit, or other troubleshooting they may have you do.

For “Linksys WRT54G routers” enter the ip address of the router (default is 192.168.1.1) enter password and user name (default is admin/admin) then click wireless tab, now select a different wireless channel from the drop down box. This fix may not work for you but it is worth a try, and again THIS Fix is not guaranteed to work for all consoles.

Good luck and happy gaming
http://www.wiiregamers.com/articles/4996

Posted by Ant

Hmm, interesting. I've been getting the 52030 ever since the first update, along with the dreaded 110--- error. How does one got about changing the channel? I tried the official nintendo support area, but it wasn't very user friendly. Halp guyz.

Update: I managed to get by the 52030 error by changing servers, but then it went back to the 110 one. So looks I'm screwed still. Yay!