Wii Shop Channel

Posted by Dexter

I got some Wii Points when I purchased my system. 2,000 points for 20 bucks. So far, I've only downloaded Solomon

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I just want my Opera, and hopefully Sonic 2. I have Sonic 1 already, but if I got S2, I'd never do anything but play more Wii for that. Hopefully more will be coming soon.

Posted by Dexter

I have the Sonic Mega Collection for Game Cube and that seriously gives me all my favorite Sonic games in one great bundle.

Wikipedia said this...

Quoted post: It has been reported that thirty games will be added to the Wii Shop Channel between the time of the Wii's launch and the end of the calendar year with at least ten games a month being added afterwards.

I wonder how precise they are on this matter.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I have the Sonic Mega Collection for Game Cube and that seriously gives me all my favorite Sonic games in one great bundle.

Wikipedia said this...

I wonder how precise they are on this matter.

Well being that Wiki said that, unless they give a specific article, I don't think it's very precise.

As for Sonic, it belongs on the Genesis IMO, plain and simple. While I do have Mega Collection myself, I also own a Genesis with Sonic 1 and 2 because it just simply plays better on a Genesis.

The only games that will interest me is SMRPG, and Harvest Moon, two of the hardest games to acquire without severing my right arm.

Posted by Dexter

Sonic seems to play the same on the Mega Collection and the Sega. I actually have both and they felt/played the same to me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Give it awhile. The system just launched yesterday.

I have my Genesis as well, but I have it emulated on litterally every system that I own. It's the game that got me SERIOUSLY into console gaming, and I cannot live without it.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Sonic seems to play the same on the Mega Collection and the Sega. I actually have both and they felt/played the same to me.

Well, in terms of mechanics of the game itself, I would agree with you there. Sega did a pretty good job in keeping the games true to form. When bringing them to the Cube (unlike Mega Man Anniversary). It's the controller that gets me. I simply prefer playing Sonic on a Genesis controller than GCN. IMO, when it comes to Sonic (and other games on Genesis) it plays better with the Genesis controller. The GCN controller just doesn't feel right to me.

So I probably won't get any Sega games on the Shop Channel. I will however, get Turbo Graphics 16 games. I hope they put the whole YS series on there. :)

Posted by Dexter

If they had Sonic 2 on the list I would get it because the multiplayer is so much fun. Sonic 1 I'll just play on the Mega Collection.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Proto Man: Well, in terms of mechanics of the game itself, I would agree with you there. Sega did a pretty good job in keeping the games true to form. When bringing them to the Cube (unlike Mega Man Anniversary). It's the controller that gets me. I simply prefer playing Sonic on a Genesis controller than GCN. IMO, when it comes to Sonic (and other games on Genesis) it plays better with the Genesis controller. The GCN controller just doesn't feel right to me.

What about the classic controller? You can use that.

Posted by Dexter

I already know you don't like it but you can also use the Game Cube controller. I didn't even know that until I got into the shop. I didn't even need to buy a Classic Controller, although I would've anyway. I really like the Classic Controller.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Burrito: What about the classic controller? You can use that.

Meh, I dunno, I would have to see.

Quoting Dexter: I already know you don't like it but you can also use the Game Cube controller. I didn't even know that until I got into the shop. I didn't even need to buy a Classic Controller, although I would've anyway. I really like the Classic Controller.

Yeah to me, classic games and GCN controller don't mix. I played Zelda II using GCN controller, and hated using the control stick. While I DID use the pad, I found the whole thing a nuisance as the pad is significantly smaller, and in an odd position for my left thumb. It made for an awkward game, but I did manage to beat it.

The Classic controller looks like it could be good, everything looks like it's placed well. I can't wait to try it out.

Posted by Dexter

The actual Wiimote works really well, too. I was surprised at how well it matched the regular NES controller.

Posted by ccrocker58

I actually prefer Sonic 2 on Sonic Mega Collection; they fixed the multiplayer glitch in the Green Hills Zone that would trap you in the one area towards the end.

As for the VC, right now, there's nothing on it I don't already have spare Solomon's Key or w/e it's called. Once something that I don't have comes out, I'm gonna be all over it.

Posted by Dexter

I don't really like it because it offers me a way to get games I don't already game. I'm sure I could get the games for a cheaper price if I searched around a bit. It'll be nice to grab a few good multiplayer games so we don't have to bother changing systems, though. Having them right there and ready makes it easier to get to, giving us more chances to play them.

And I remember that glitch in Sonic 2. I didn't even notice that they fixed it.

I loved that glitch, sigh. I need it back!

However, I haven't tried the classic controller yet. It was sold out by the time I got to the front of the line. Amazingly, the only had ten or eleven at the Best Buy I was at, and i was stuck at 29th ~_~

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Purple Flames: They added Bomberman '93 and Bonk's Adventure earlier today. Enjoy :)

I guess this means the whole Monday deal is bogus. Fine with me. I prefer randomness.

Posted by Dexter

Whoa, I got Bomberman. So much fun. I suggest it to everyone. It can go up to 5 players and is definitely the best choice for a VC game. We've actually been playing a lot of it lately.

Posted by Big Boss

All I'm waiting for is PilotWings 64. Unless Nintendo comes up with an Achievements-like system that also includes their Virtual Console games, I'm not getting any 8 or 16-bit titles, or any N64 games I own or have played.

Posted by Speedfreak

What about all the SNES titles from Europe and Japan you never got to try?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: What about all the SNES titles from Europe and Japan you never got to try?

Depending if they have them or not.

Posted by junior senior

I hope they have Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Speedfreak: What about all the SNES titles from Europe and Japan you never got to try?

I can't find where I read it, but I could of sworn I read that the VC will only feature games that were released locally.

Posted by Bebop

Downloaded Bomberman 93, Bonk and Donkey Kong Country today

Posted by Dexter

Bomberman 93 is definitely the best choice. Get 5 players and BAM! How do you like it?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I got Sonic pretty much as soon as I powered on the console. I remember it being rock hard - now it seems surprisingly easy. Ah, youth's naivete.

Posted by Dexter

Still probably the hardest Sonic game. That water level is truly a killer.

Posted by Polluti0n

Heh, the WiiShop Channel doesn't update too much since it just came out a few weeks ago. Right now I'm just looking at the game "Wario's Woods" and "The Legend Of Zelda", those were two good games, I may purchase some Wii Points off credit card soon.

Off-topic:
Is Mii parade working for anyone?

You have to have friends registered for Mii Parade to work.

Posted by Dexter

New games! There's about 6 new games since I was last on. I just got Golden Axe. It's been awhile since I've played that one and I'm curious as to what memories will come over me when I start playing it. I wonder if I can still beat it...

Golden Axe was out at launch over here. No Monday games showing up as of yet, although since launch was very recent I've a feeling they'll skip this week.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think they're even doing the new games every Monday thing. It seems fairly random to me.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter]I have the Sonic Mega Collection for Game Cube and that seriously gives me all my favorite Sonic games in one great bundle.

What Dex, no Sonic Gems Collection? Please tell me you've got it?

[quote=Junior Senior]I hope they have Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

Word?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sadistic Grin: What Dex, no Sonic Gems Collection? Please tell me you've got it?

Shame. I don't have that, actually. I really should. It's got some great stuff on it that would be nice to have all on one disk. I'll get it, eventually, probably next time I see it around.

Meh, I'd only get Gems for Sonic CD.

Posted by Polluti0n

Wells its Monday and there was an update. Ice Hockey was added for the NES Section, one I own. Very poor graphics but not bad gameplay, but its what you have to expect from a game made in the 1980's.

Posted by Dexter

That game is actually a lot of fun. Best Hockey game on the NES. I have it for the NES and my sister and I used to play it quite often. We still play it occasionally. I beat her so bad.

Posted by Big Boss

I WANT N64 GAMES!!!

They should release at least one for each system per week. They shouldn't go a whole month with only one or two games for a specific system.

Posted by Dexter

I agree. I think we still only have Super Mario 64. That's too bad, considering that it isn't even a multiplayer game and I mostly look forward to the multiplayer VC games. I heard somewhere that they were supposed to have at least 8 64 games by the end of the year, but who knows if that'll happen or not.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ice Hockey is an awesome game. They should've put that out first instead of Soccer.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, Soccer is so lame. I think I played it maybe 3 times total out of the 10 years I've owned it for.

Posted by Polluti0n

I'm hoping to see Mario Kart 64 soon or maybe even Super Smash Bros. Two fun Nintendo games, hopefully they'll be in the shop soon. :)

Posted by RandomizeR

*sorry if this is already made..idk too lazy to look.*

anyway, ive downloaded
Wario's Woods, Solomon's Key, and Bomberman

all 3 are really fun.
what games do you guys have? and your opinions on them.

finally, does anyone know how often they get new additions?

because I'd like to see a lot more able for download, and i hope they get 007 Goldeneye

Posted by Dexter

I'm not sure how often they've been adding, but it seems to be moving at a good pace. If they keep this up, by the end of the year there'll be an exceptionally pleasing selection.

Posted by RandomizeR

thanks for moving it :)

are all N64 games going to be 1000 credits?

Posted by Dexter

Yup, I think so. All games will have a set price depending on what system they are for. I don't see that price changing in the future either.