Wii's are selling like hotcakes!

Posted by Proto Man

[URL="http://www.smh.com.au/news/Technology/Wii-Nintendo39s-challenger-to-the-Sony-PlayStation-goes-on-sale-sells-out/2006/11/19/1163871249983.html"]Discuss[/URL]

Posted by Arcadios

Didn't all PS3 sell out too?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Arcadios: Didn't all PS3 sell out too?

Yes, but Sony only shipped 400,000 for North America, while Ninty shipped 1,000,000. I read elsewhere that Nintendo expects 4 Million sold by the year's end.

Posted by Burrito

I think that's to be expected from any console at launch, we probably shouldn't get too excited yet.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wait, whoa, hold on, slow down a second. A console being in high demand and possibly even selling out... at launch?!

OH SHI

Posted by Last Fog

omg it sold out? and it only came out two days ago for the first time ever. Oh wait...

Posted by sabre2922

yep my ticker says its selling pretty good

Posted by Speedfreak

And I just got a preorder that's guaranteed to come for Christmas. On ebay it goes!

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]When I read the title of this thread, I wasen't surprised. I knew the Wii sold out very quickly, but I didn't know how many they shipped. I thought that to sold out that quickly, they must have shipped 300 000 maximum, but 1 million? Holy shi-! We got a lot of fanboys![/COLOR]

Posted by Axis

I heard that the 360 outsold the Wii and PS3 this past weekend.

Posted by Moogs

I heard that too, but I also heard some people getting their PS3 and Wii bought a 360 as well.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Axis]I heard that the 360 outsold the Wii and PS3 this past weekend.

You heard quite wrong, sir.

Posted by Axis

Probably. But I've heard from other sources that at Best Buy 360 was in more supply and they all sold out. It could possibly be true.

Posted by Speedfreak

After a year of lukewarm sales from the 360 and it's competitors launching on the same weekend, I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

Posted by Axis

Selling 225,000 a month at it's current price tag isn't good? lawl.

Posted by Speedfreak

Compared to other systems it's not all that hot. They're healthy sales by all means, but it's nothing that'd make me think it's even remotely possible for it to outsell 2 launch systems in the same weekend. It just isn't possible.

I mean, it's nothing compared to the kind of sales DS Lite has enjoyed all year round, now that's a really hot-selling item. It peaks in the holiday period, but it's been selling over 250,000 a week in Japan alone. The US is 360s major territory, aswell as being the largest gaming market, why can't 360 equal those sales over there?

Posted by Colonel

Well, I got my Nintendo Wii on Monday and im darn happy to have got one on this account.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm really glad I got this extra preorder. I was kind of having doubts about whether or not I'd make money off of it, then I read in the free newspaper on the train on the way back home that most major retailers felt demand far outstripped supply. A spokesperson for Woolworths (massive store chain here) even went so far as to say that they'd need ten times the amount of stock to satisfy demand.

Posted by Colonel

Well I preorderd as well only I was told that if I waited to long to pick it up it would be given away to anyone at any rate, and because I was in Toronto on launch day I missed the big opening of the store I bought it at (toys r us) so I was worried that becasue i missed launch day I would have lost my Wii (lol:)) but fortunatly I got it in time.

The back room where they were holding my Nintendo was FILLED with Wii's, at least 30 of them.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Axis: I heard that the 360 outsold the Wii and PS3 this past weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS2 outsold all three.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Speedfreak: I'm really glad I got this extra preorder. I was kind of having doubts about whether or not I'd make money off of it, then I read in the free newspaper on the train on the way back home that most major retailers felt demand far outstripped supply. A spokesperson for Woolworths (massive store chain here) even went so far as to say that they'd need ten times the amount of stock to satisfy demand.

Actually, most of the stores around here ran out of preorders. Woolworth's, GAME, Gamestation, and Gamezone 2 ran out before I could get one. I got ones from Argos and they've sold out too now. I'm not sure if this is just for local or nationwide, but I was really surprised.

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting sabre2922: yep my ticker says its selling pretty good

mines different...

Quoted post: I wouldn't be surprised if the PS2 outsold all three.

More like the DS, amirite? It sold over 100,000 while the PS3 sold 80,000.

... in japan

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: PS3 sold 80,000.

... in japan

Oh shi--Really?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting ExoXile: Oh shi--Really?

Yeah, considering that's the number of PS3's that were made available in Japan. =/

88,000 was the number.