excite truck(wii)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Good for you.

Posted by boomstick

That's a pretty big haul for just one day, what nearly $500

Posted by Unite

Quoting boomstick: That's a pretty big haul for just one day, what nearly $500

Yup

Anyways I noticed the wii didn't come with cable for my hdtv, just had reg one. Whys that?

Pretty sure you have to get it separately or something. Possibly from Nintendo online.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Pretty sure you have to get it separately or something. Possibly from Nintendo online.

ouch kk ty

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Unite: Anyways I noticed the wii didn't come with cable for my hdtv, just had reg one. Whys that?

Nintendo doesnt like HDTV ;)

Maybe I'm thinking of composite cables. idk anymore.

Posted by Unite

ouch i checked what res the wii will support

only 480p or 480i

Posted by Vasioth

I don't think you will get any larger than that Unite.

Also, nice deals. That must've been a fairly ammount of money spent there... Gear's of War's is also an awesome game!

Posted by Dexter

Doesn't accumulate to how much I spent when I got all my Wii supplies, which went well over 700 dollars.

That is some good stuff you have there, though. It should keep you busy for awhile. For some odd reason, I haven't been able to find FF3 around our stores. I might just have to order it online.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]ouch i checked what res the wii will support

only 480p or 480i

Hi, welcome to last year. Jesus, man, keep up.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Nintendo are sold out of component cables now anyway. Be a man and stick with composite until they get more stock.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Hi, welcome to last year. Jesus, man, keep up.

Actually it feels like it's more than couple of years ago with low res support. Dosen't bother you? what do you plan to do with your hd tv?

Quoting Wings:
Nintendo are sold out of component cables now anyway. Be a man and stick with composite until they get more stock.

kk id just assume each system would come with one as standard.

Quoted post: Nintendo are sold out of component cables now anyway.

That's the one I meant. Good times.

Posted by Ant

If I had a widescreen/HD TV I might give a f[COLOR="Lime"]u[/COLOR]ck lol

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Actually it feels like it's more than couple of years ago with low res support. Dosen't bother you? what do you plan to do with your hd tv?

kk id just assume each system would come with one as standard.
I was referring to the fact that Wii only doing EDTV is extremely old news.

I plan on playing Wii on my HDTV, because EDTV is pretty much exactly the middle ground between SDTV and HDTV. Wii games have better resolution than Gamecube games, just not as much as 360 games. It's an improvement, so I'm happy.

You do realise that HD is just 1.5 times SD, right?

Quoted post: You do realise that HD is just 1.5 times SD, right?

Looks a hell of a lot better than that.

Did anyone else notice that the thread title makes no sense?

Posted by Bebop

Yes it does. Its about the murder at EB. Dont you read the news?

Quoted post: Did anyone else notice that the thread title makes no sense?

more like eb made a killing off of him, amirite?

Posted by Dexter

A shot of eloquent persuasion vigilantly aimed directly towards the parents could be responsible for such a mass slaughter.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Speedfreak: I was referring to the fact that Wii only doing EDTV is extremely old news.

I plan on playing Wii on my HDTV, because EDTV is pretty much exactly the middle ground between SDTV and HDTV. Wii games have better resolution than Gamecube games, just not as much as 360 games. It's an improvement, so I'm happy.

You do realise that HD is just 1.5 times SD, right?

SD = 576i, 16:9. = 1024 x 576 = 589824 pixels
HD = 1080i, 16:9 = 1920 x 1080 = 2073600 pixels
like, 4 times more pixels, if I got that right.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: Did anyone else notice that the thread title makes no sense?

still trying to insult me every chance you get wings?

Hey, I insult anyone who's a complete fucking retard.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Looks a hell of a lot better than that.

No, the rest of the 360's graphics look a hell of a lot better than that. HD ain't all that, man.

Quoted post: No, the rest of the 360's graphics look a hell of a lot better than that. HD ain't all that, man.

Going from HD to SD actually looks quite a bit better. A ton better if we're talking about the PS3. PS3 games on SD sets almost look embarrassingly bad.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Going from HD to SD actually looks quite a bit better.

I can't really vouch for that.

I've been up all night, cut me some slack :(

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: Hey, I insult anyone who's a complete fucking retard.

hmm harsh words

Posted by Speedfreak

PS3 games on SD look bad because they are designed for HD. Playing a 360 game in SD mode on an HD TV is an extremely poor way of judging how SD looks. Not only are 360 games designed in HD, but HDTVs cannot display SD correctly. Most HDTVs are TFT screens, and don't have the same ratio of pixels, so SD signals are made slightly burry. Viewing an SD game on an old CRT will produce a much cleaner picture than viewing it on an HDTV, HDTVs makes SD look worse than it really is.

The fairest comparison you can make is viewing SD on a regular CRT and comparing it to an HD game on an HDTV. But there's no real fair way to do that, because no game is designed both in SD and in HD, so it's always going to be an unfair comparison.

Hig, for some reason you've compared the PAL standard resolution to a nonstandard HD resolution for games. It's not really a relevent comparison, no game system runs at the PAL standard resolution and comparing interlaced signals just makes crap complicated. Considering we're comparing Wii to 360/PS3, we should use their standard resolutions. So we're comparing:

Wii - 854x480
360 - 1280x720

As you can see, those HD spatial resolutions are nowhere near triple, or even double the ED standard. In fact, if you multiply 854 and 480 by 1.5 you get 1280 and 720 exactly.

Obviously HDTV manufacturers want their products to sound as impressive as possible, and 1.5x the noticable resolution isn't a very impressive number at all. By their standards, 480p has double the picture quality of 480i, and technically it does, double the amount of pixels are being refreshed. But you're not actually getting any more detail in the image, it just appears to have slightly less flicker. So they talk about the actual number of pixels in the image, including the difference between interlaced and progressive scan, and make the ludicrous claim that 720p is up to four times better than 480i.

But when you actually see a direct comparison between HD and ED, right next to eachother, it's plain to see the difference isn't anywhere near that. I knocked up this image in about 20 seconds to show you the real difference.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Speedfreak312002/SDHD.gif[/IMG]

The larger rectangle is exactly 1.5x the dimensions of the smaller one along each axis, giving it a little over double the area. Someone pushing HD would claim that the larger rectangle is twice as good (or four times if the smaller one is interlaced) as the smaller one, and in a sense it is because of the area. But you can see that when they're right next to eachother the difference isn't quite as good as what it's made out to be.

HD makes a difference; but better lighting, texture effects, polygon counts and characters on screen make much more of a difference.

Posted by Bebop

When Wii comes to British shores Ill be spending about 500 - 600 quid on it. Yay! Now thats a killing! Rar!

Quoted post: PS3 games on SD look bad because they are designed for HD. Playing a 360 game in SD mode on an HD TV is an extremely poor way of judging how SD looks. Not only are 360 games designed in HD, but HDTVs cannot display SD correctly.

Read up to about here. The rest doesn't matter because games still look a lopt better on HD than SD.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Unite: Anyways I noticed the wii didn't come with cable for my hdtv, just had reg one. Whys that?

PS3 doesn't come with a component or HDMI cable. Beat that.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Big Boss]