The Genesis-Chapter I

Posted by Arcadios

Well, this is the beginning of my fan fic with Dani.
Hope you enjoy it. =3

The Genesis
Chapter I
A New Beginning

The day had been turned to night.
Dark rain clouds hovered over a graveyard and began to pour heavy rain.
A young man who was bearing a golden key could be seen applying the key as a shovel.
The boy who looked around the age of 19 had light tan skin tone, black hair, brown eyes and he wore a brown shirt with a symbol on surface of it, black baggie pants with a hint of white where the knees could be located, light brown, tan shoes which macerated as boots and a light blue open hoodie which did not cover his face.
He continued to use his weapon as a shovel, removing the dirt that was on the ground and moving it to the side for easy access to revert it to it's past location.
A casket could be seen behind the boy along with a body outside it.
The rain kept dropping mercilessly, water was dripping down the young man's face along with sweat which blended in with the rain.
He began shedding tears of blood which ran a course down his face and entered the grave which he had finished creating.
As the bloody tears continued to flow down his cheeks he turned around and looked at the body of a man who looked no old then 25 years of age.
The wooden casket beside the man had nothing in it, then the boy reached for the body and inserted inside the casket and began to close it until the man inside awakened and screamed in pain and tried forcing the casket to stop closing but the young boy was stronger and closed it but without a tear of blood falling on the face of the man that was contained in the casket.
The man inside continued to scream in horror and pain as he struggled to reopen the casket.
"Please!" He screamed.
"Shut up and stay in the God damn box!" The young boy responded in a furious and forceful voice.
"Stop, please!"
"You didn't think I'd be the one doing such a thing to you, right?"
"Open the casket!"
"You just don't know when to hang it up."
"But why?!"
"Because it's your time to go, he's waiting for ya."
"Stop this!"
"Stop acting like a child and acknowledge the truth."
The boy put the casket in the grave he dug and began returning the dirt to where it once was.
Sounds of knocking and nails running against wood could be heard along with the cries of a man.
Lightning struck as the flash brought everything to light for a second and the thunder cracked in the dark sky.
"Why are you doing this?!"
"This casket was custom built for guys like you."
"Let me out!"
The voice was growing weaker as the dirt continued to pile on top of the source of it.
The clawing and screams ended.
"This is the end of you, master."
Lightning struck again and a final flash of light which covered everything for a continuous second.
The young man's tears of blood ceased to drip off his face but the traces could still be seen.
A miniacle smile spread across the face of the boy as he began laughing.

A boy rose from his bed in fright.
Sweat began appearing on his forehead and fell off onto the sheets of the bed.
The boy had a light tan skin tone, frizzy black and pale brown eyes.
He wore a thin white shirt, blue jeans which were bigger then necessary and had no socks on.
"What as that?" He questioned.
"What was that dream all about?

He got up off from the bed, placing his bare feet on a glossy wooden floor and looked around to see bright light coming from a window which was already covered by thin, soft, blinds.
He walked towards it and moved the blinds to the sides and opened the window to see a bright, blue, cloudless sky.
Three blue birds flew across his face as he continued to look around.
Below him was a humble looking town with young and elderly people.
The houses were combined of wood and stone which looked as if it could withstand certain types of weather and were fairly spread out.
The young man retreated into the room and saw a desk which looked like it was meant for studying, a chair to sit ones self in front of the desk and a bookshelf with several books.
A mirror was beside the bookshelf and the boy walked up in front of it to see his complection.
He fixed his hair to remove some flakes but the majority remained on his head.
The door opened and the boy quickly looked toward it to see an elderly women with a set of clothing.
"Oh my, you've finally woken up, your majesty." Said the old lady.
"Hi, can you tell me where I am?" Asked the boy.
"Why, you're in a village called Mideel."
"When did I show up here?"
"I've been told you were found on the outskirts of his town near the mountain. Don't you remember anything, yout majesty?"
"Sorry, my mind is in a spiral of questions and confusion and who is this "majesty" guy?"
"Why, you are."
"Huh?"
"Don't you remember who you are?"
"Nope, sorry I can't recall."
"You are the king of Arcadia."
"Who me?!"
"Yea, do you even remember your name?"
"I can't even remember that."
"Your name is Arcadios."
"Guess I'm gonna have to take it since I have nothing else to go by."
"Oh my, what shall we do now?"
"What happened?"
"You see, our kingdom is facing a great deal of threats from the other side of our world."
"Who's the guy sending these threats?"
"His name is Kershawn Florenzo Murkstas."
"Who?"
"He has began an uprising against the world order and he has been conquering kingdoms in order to bring the world down to it's knees."
"Why is he doing this?"
"His motives are unknown to us but we can't do anything at all."
"Why not?"
"It is because you have no memory of your past and what shall a kingdom do without a king?"
"What would I have done?"
"You would have commanded your army against this tyrant but...alas....without the keyblade..."
As soon as the old women spoke the word "Keyblade" a rush of knowledge infiltrated Arcadios' mind and he remembered.
Arcadios spoke in a soft and gentle voice.
"Keyblade"
A golden key appeared in Arcadios' right arm.
"That's it!" Yelled the old lady with a jump of joy.
"So this is a keyblade?"
"Yes, you've been trained in many forms of fighting using that weapon."
"By who?"
"Umm....you never really revealed to us your master...you always said if any would know his name that many with the blessing of a keyblade would seek him for guidance."
"I wonder why I can't remember..."
"You also said that you wish for him to live in peace with his family."
"Sounds like that would be what I wanted for him most."
"You always praised your master but now what are we to do?"
"I'll go then."
"Where to, your majesty?"
"The other side of this world."
"We shall take you to your castle."
"Nah, I can't go back now."
"Why not? Your people are extremely worried about you"
"How about you just tell them I was here but don't tell them I'm going off to fight this guy, okay?"
"But, you majesty."
"Just tell the people at my castle to defend our kingdom and not to go into a unnecessary fight."
"Okay, I'll tell them this."
"Good, now I need to take a shower."
"Oh that's why I originally came into your room."
The lady held what seemed to be Arcadios' clothing.

After realizing all this, Arcadios tried to make sense of what to do as he showered himself.
Afterwards he put on his clothing which included a white undershirt, black baggie jeans with a hint of white where the knees could be located, white socks, blue boxers, and a brown shirt with a symbol on the face of it.
He applied hair gel onto his hair and pushed it backwards with a comb while he was in the bathroom making it appear as spikes. He went down stairs saying his goodbyes to the elderly women and thank yous for the hospitality then he began putting on light brown shoes which appeared to be heavy boots but weren't.
He walked away from the two story house with much on his mind.
All the people in town bowed before him as we walked the streets of Mideel.
"Umm...you don't have to do that." Arcadios told a young girl.
"But my mommy told be to."
"Well....I don't really deserve praise at all so you don't have to."
"Okay then, your majesty."
"Umm....you don't have to do that either."
"Okay."
Arcadios continued to walk until he reached the outskirts of Mideel.
"So...this is where I have to go to reach the other side of the planet?"
He looked to find a vast field of grass with no end in sight.
"This is gonna take awhile."
Arcadios walked endlessly forward in the plains till he same across a harbor with loading docks, crates and many ships.
He walked up into a building with a large sign which read "Info".
Arcadios entered the building and saw a man at a booth window sleeping.
"Excuse me?" Said Arcadios.
The sleeping man woke up and began to panic.
"Oh, sorry to be sleeping on the job, your majesty."
"You don't have to....meh, forget it.
"Wait...your majesty! Your well!"
"Yea."
"But why haven't you returned to your castle?"
"I'm doing something before I go back so don't tell anybody."
"Yes, of course."
"Now, can you tell me where I am?"
"You don't remember this town?"
"Sorry but I've lost....Wait....if people find out I've lose my memory, they'll be thrown in a state of panic and confusion......I.....got drunk last night and can''t remember much. heh heh"
Smart move, idiot! Now they're gonna think they have a drunken fool for a king!
"I know what you mean, your majesty."
Yea! It worked out!
"I get those days too. Well your in Levintha. A town partly consumed by water. business here is mostly cargo shipment and fishing."
"Are there any passenger boats?"
"Nope, but we can make an exception for you."
"Thanks."
The man walked Arcadios to a cargo ship and was greeted by the captain aboard. The man at the booth spoke to the captain of what happened to their king and they laughed about the whole situation and they quickly related to it.
"Of course the king can come onto my ship, it's an honor." Said the captain who had a large white beard, a blue vest with metals on the chest plates, white pants and a white captains hate.
"Thanks alot. Said Arcadios.
"No problem, now where would you like to go?"
"Where ever Florenzo can be found."
"But, your majesty." Pleaded the captain.
"It's okay, I know what I'm getting myself into."
Not really.
"As you wish. Florenzo can be found on the other side of this sea but you'll have to continue walking a long way to reach his location."
"I can go from there."
"Okay then, Let's ship out.
"I'll be going now, it was an honor meeting you, your majesty." Said the man who was in the booth.
"Thanks for all your help."
"Glad to do it."
The man got off the ship and it set sail for their new location.
Arcadios walked out to the deck and leaned up against a rail and looked up into the bright, blue sky.

Great, now to get this over with.
I still can't believe I'm a king to these people.
But....that dream...
What does it all mean?

Posted by Sak

It was good. I suggest you edit the way the old woman spoke and make her vocabulary more... old womanish. (ex : "Yes" instead of "Yeah") I also think that you used "which was" to describe things a bit too often. Other than that, it was a pretty decent story. It was a huge improvement from your last chapter.

Posted by Arcadios

Thank you every much.
But decent does sound mediocre.
I have failed.
Sorry, Dani. :(

Posted by NeXidala

It's okay.
I liked the detail a lot. It painted an image similar to the movies "Treasure Planet" and "Sinbad".
And, it's okay that there wasn't any action, since it's sort of a "bridge chapter".
:D

Posted by Arcadios

It's the beginning.
Do you ever see alot of lightsaber fighting in the very beginning of Star wars?
I would have but there is no hurry, is there?

Posted by NeXidala

That's what I'm saying!
Very good job.

Posted by Arcadios

Hopefully I'll get better with fight scene but I might not put so much fighting like before since I wanna lean more toward actual conflict and grab the readers attention through that.
Question, What did you think of the dream in the intro?

Posted by NeXidala

I loved it.
I gotta say it was my very favorite part.
What made you put it in though?

Posted by Arcadios

A song.