Are you in a Band?

Posted by Vasioth

Well, can't see a thread for this, so why not.

Are you in any band's at all? And if so, what are you? (Like a Riffist, Soloist, Bass, ect).

I'm currently in 2 Bands, called "The Outlaw's" and "This is Reality" (both name's pretty much suck). And I would be a Riffist, sometimes Soloist.

Posted by Phantasma2

I'm currently in one which just started. It has no name.
I mean, the female vocalist of the group said that we're experimental.

We have a violinist. So I think we'll end up playing Folk metal.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've been in several bands, but they never work out because I'm too much of a control freak with the songs I write.

After learning guitar, I learned some bass and drums so that I could write entire songs, not just guitar parts. Whenever I try to work on a song I've written with a band, the other musicians always change the song from the way I've written it, and I can't do that. At least, not when they change it as much as they typically do.

Plus, musicians that I know seem to lack focus. I've gone to many practice sessions and at the beginning of the session there would be four of us in a garage, and within an hour or so, it would dwindle down to being just me, by myself. The other 3 would wander off and go watch TV or do stuff on the computer or something. It bugged me because we didn't get many chances to play together, and everytime we would, the other guys in the band wouldn't even work with me to practice, which means we'd never get good, which means we'd never get anywhere.

And anytime we'd jam, there was no direction or flow until I took charge and started giving out orders about the beat and the bass line that I wanted to hear. Then our jam would come together and sound awesome.

If anything, I'd make an okay solo artist because then I'd have a back-up band that would play things exactly how I tell them to.

Anyway, in every band I've ever been in, I was always the lead guitarist, and a vocalist. A few times I wasn't lead vocalist, but I'd still do backing vocals.

Posted by Omni

Fei-on, you should just be a solo act, so that you have complete creative control. I'm not in a band, because I can't really play anything, though I'm trying to learn bass. [spoiler]KEY WORD: trying[/spoiler]

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm not nearly proficient enough to even attempt making my own music. When I am, I won't be in a band.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Have been, currently not, but will be. Planning on getting together a band that focuses on triple lead guitar. Preferably in the vein of black metal.

Posted by Sean Fury

Currently I'm in a band with my friend Lon and we're trying to find a bassist before we do any solid work. We were trying to come up with names awhile ago and I suggest Epinephrine, so that's what we go by right now and we'll probably end up staying with that unless we think of something cooler. We play somewhere in the area of post-hardcore.

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

I am in 4 bands.

3 of which are solo projects, because I can create better music on my own.

one is a 4 man doom-metal band.

2 are black-metal projects, and one dark-ambient project.

2 of my projects are signed.

..and I will not list the names of the bands.

Posted by Omni

I'm not taking sides, though if he has 4 bands and 2 of them are signed, I would like to hear some kind of music. I don't care about him giving out band names.

Oh, Sean, don't even try to call anyone else overzealous.

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I'm not taking sides, though if he has 4 bands and 2 of them are signed, I would like to hear some kind of music. I don't care about him giving out band names.

Oh, Sean, don't even try to call anyone else overzealous.

I will PM you with one of the bands, if you care to listen.

Posted by Omni

That would be spectacular if you could send me some music.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm trying to learn guitar so I can join my friend's band, Mistakes in Shadows.

Posted by Omni

Here's those 4 bands of his:
http://www.myspace.com/nykteros
http://www.myspace.com/thydolorous
http://www.myspace.com/oriaslair
http://www.myspace.com/murknablackmetal

I found them fairly boring and mundane.

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Here's those 4 bands of his:
http://www.myspace.com/nykteros
http://www.myspace.com/thydolorous
http://www.myspace.com/oriaslair
http://www.myspace.com/murknablackmetal

I found them fairly boring and mundane.

... ok?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I am the only individual in my 'band'.

Actually, Rob, James, and I were supposed to start up a band. WHAT HAPPENED GUYS.

Quoting Angelwing: I am the only individual in my 'band'.

Actually, Rob, James, and I were supposed to start up a band. WHAT HAPPENED GUYS.

yeah, I find it easier to create music without other members, you dont have to worry about their opinions.

Quoted post: http://www.myspace.com/nykteros

Why did you use a Wyrd image?

Anyways, all four bands are pretty good. If you can, it would be pretty cool to grab the actual MP3s from you.

Posted by Omni

I thought the drums were boring on the ones I listened to. He made a big deal out of giving out the information like it's not posted on this site already: http://www.metalhordes.com

Oh, and there's MP3's on there of some of the songs on his pages, among other things.

Quoted post: I thought the drums were boring on the ones I listened to.

Welcome to black metal.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Obscurum Contagiion;527361]I am in 4 bands.

3 of which are solo projects, because I can create better music on my own.

one is a 4 man doom-metal band.

2 are black-metal projects, and one dark-ambient project.

2 of my projects are signed.

..and I will not list the names of the bands.

Would any of them happen to be "Obscurum Contagiion"?

EDIT: I've been in several bands; mostly hardcore, grind, black metal/experimental, thrash, and dark freestyle. They all sucked ***, no real direction during sessions. Of course, then we were only in our mid teens, always arguing over stupid "band ****" like children. Then we started blowing practice to get drunk. So, I've given up the starving-music artist lifestyle, and just plan to finish college with a BA; drink some more, and be filthy stinking rich. **** garage bands.. just my own personal perspective, (not oppinion).

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: I'm currently in one which just started. It has no name.
I mean, the female vocalist of the group said that we're experimental.

We have a violinist. So I think we'll end up playing Folk metal.

Disregard that, they ended playing Hardcore/Screamo and I got out of that ****.

Now another friend asked me for a Gore/Grind one.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm currently trying to get a synthpop band together. I have two band names in mind. Either DSL (Dick Sucking Lips) or Moose Knuckle (that's when a guy wear tight pants and you can see his balls on one side of the zipper and his penis on the other side).

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Why did you use a Wyrd image?

Anyways, all four bands are pretty good. If you can, it would be pretty cool to grab the actual MP3s from you.

wyrd image ?
Thanks man,
you can get some of the MP3's on MetalHordes.com ... now that the secret is out.

and to one of the other posters, no Obscurum Contagiion is not a band of mine.

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I thought the drums were boring on the ones I listened to. He made a big deal out of giving out the information like it's not posted on this site already: http://www.metalhordes.com

Oh, and there's MP3's on there of some of the songs on his pages, among other things.

What gives you room to talk about being boring?
I find NIN's music just as "boring"

Quoted post: wyrd image ?

The image you used for your song "Despondency" is from Wyrd's album "Vargtimmen Pt. 1"

Quoted post: What gives you room to talk about being boring?
I find NIN's music just as "boring"

The internet. And the fact that it's an opinion. dur.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The image you used for your song "Despondency" is from Wyrd's album "Vargtimmen Pt. 1"

The internet. And the fact that it's an opinion. dur.

ahh ok, I had completely forgot that was the cover of that album.
It was drawn by Theodor Kittelsen, a norwegian artist. His work was laso used alot by Buruzm

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I started a band with Me (Bass) my friend Kenny (Guitar) and a chick Kenny knows (Drums)

The band name is Nova, and it;s just a simple rock & roll band, with me writting all the stuff, with 1 album completed and another one in the works (not recorded, I finished writing one and in the proxess of another.). But it's really going nowhere, so Im gonna need new people to gather up who are serious about it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm currently in a 2 man band. He's one of my closest friends and we're in agreement on just about anything that has to do with music, so it works out. The only difference is he's more into punk and all its subgenres while I tend to listen to more extreme metal. We're going to start recording stuff when he saves up enough to get a mac, so I'll find a way to upload stuff. I'll be on vocals and rhythm guitar, so you know it won't be too bad, especially if you like punk influenced black metal.

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I thought the drums were boring on the ones I listened to

Way to completely miss the point. The drums in Black Metal are supposed to be "just there". Yeah every now and then you get a dude like Frost, but most of the time you're dealing with guys trying their hardest to be like Fenriz or Ildjarn.

Quoting Shin-Ra: I'm currently in a 2 man band. He's one of my closest friends and we're in agreement on just about anything that has to do with music, so it works out. The only difference is he's more into punk and all its subgenres while I tend to listen to more extreme metal. We're going to start recording stuff when he saves up enough to get a mac, so I'll find a way to upload stuff. I'll be on vocals and rhythm guitar, so you know it won't be too bad, especially if you like punk influenced black metal.

Way to completely miss the point. The drums in Black Metal are supposed to be "just there". Yeah every now and then you get a dude like Frost, but most of the time you're dealing with guys trying their hardest to be like Fenriz or Ildjarn.

I see that you like Sterbend !
nice !

Posted by Shin-Ra

Sterbend is excellent. I found out about them through the member's other project Nyktalgia, which I feel is quite superior. I was surprised at how good of quality Sterbend's most recent album is in comparison to their demo and the Nyktalgia album. Remind's me of the latest Beatrik release for some reason.

Quoting Shin-Ra: Sterbend is excellent. I found out about them through the member's other project Nyktalgia, which I feel is quite superior. I was surprised at how good of quality Sterbend's most recent album is in comparison to their demo and the Nyktalgia album. Remind's me of the latest Beatrik release for some reason.

indeed !

Silencer is another good one, that has that unique sound. Along with Weakling.

Posted by Toaster From Mars

My boyfriend is in a Band!! Hes the Drumist!! n_n

Quoting Toaster From Mars: My boyfriend is in a Band!! Hes the Drumist!! n_n

you sure he is not the Guitarer or the Singist in the band ?

Posted by Ch

I'm in my school's Honors Jazz Band.

Out of that though, I'm like a mercenary. I play bass and lead guitar for some local groups around here that want a solo or something. I also do some violin and viola studio work with this guy I met who makes hip-hop beats and he incorperates my fills in his beats.

Posted by Hyper

I'm in a band. We're called "Melodus" lol. Currently we only have some midi files up on our myspace, and a recording of me playing Arch Enemy's "Nemesis" rather poorly.

[url]www.myspace.com/melodusband[/url]