Wiiactions

Posted by Echo

So it's a little after 4 AM, and I'm at a friends house waiting for the Wii to do some sort of update so we can get online (which apparently is a HUEG update, because it's taking forever). Needless to say, we've been playing it for about 4 hours. He got Red Steel and, of course, Wii Sports.

The controls for Red Steel are good, but definitely take some getting used to. We both still look like retards playing multiplayer, but in the hour and a half we spent with it we began to get better pretty quickly. The guns are fun, but it looked like there were only four levels (we didn't go through the options screens much, though). The character selection reminds me of Time Splitters, with people like Dinoboy to play as. The weapons are good, and it seems like after mastering controls it'll be one of the best launch games.

Wii Sports is also loads of fun, especially for being free. I watched two other guys play bowling, which looked boring (and they said it really wasn't much fun). Boxing is entertaining, and it's easy to break a sweat if you play it for a while. Baseball is fairly shallow when compared to real baseball games (the only thing you control is pitching and hitting, no fielding), but it's lots of fun. Golf is good up until you have to putt, which I just couldn't do well. Tennis is my favorite, and would probably be a blast if you got four people playing (it's always set on doubles, but when only one person is playing on a side you control both characters simultaneously).

The controls are tight for everything, but definitely takes some getting used to. Nintendo really delivered on giving a unique gaming experience, and after using the controls for about a week, I think it'll be even better. I can't wait to get my own for Christmas, along with Twilight Princess.

EDIT: After playing Red Steel more, I've come to the conclusion that there aren't enough guns in multiplayer. There's like 5. And 4 levels. It's fun, but it can get old.

Posted by Dexter

We've only been playing Wii Sports so far, but getting used to the controls is fairly easy. I can see some things being difficult in the future, but so far, it's simple and straightforward. I fursonally had the most trouble with the boxing game, but I got used to it after awhile and I'll get even better with time. Tennis and bowling are probably my two favorites on Wii Sports.

Posted by Ant

Oh, I just started updating mine and I was wondering if something was wrong with my connection. Guess it's just hueg.

In any case, I just got in an hour with Zelda, and it was a little hard controlling him at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. And I JUST got the sword, and I must say it's odd to be able to swing and run at the same time. I'm sure I'll be a master swordsman in no time. :D

Posted by maian

stfu jerks

...I don't have mine yet, but I hope to go to a friend's house and play with hers. She'll have Zelda too, so I'm excited. :)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Just logging in to say happy Wiister...or Wiismas...or Wiisgiving...Hallowiin! That's the word!

Posted by Dexter

Started playing Red Steel this morning. The learning curve is incredibly difficult. I'm constantly exaggerating my movements. I know I'll get better with more time, though, and when I do, it's going to feel rad.

Glad to hear you got one, Ant. I showed up at 4 but if I had showed up just 15 minutes before, I would have been able to get an extra Nunchuk.

Posted by Axis

Only 5 guns and 4 multiplayer maps? Definitely passing on it, then.

Posted by Stalolin

Picked up Zelda and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Zelda is, of course, absolutely amazing. I didn't like the idea of being a wolf at first, but after playing as one it's way more fun than it seemed. Ultimate Alliance is fun, but the controls are a bit annoying, haven't played it as much as Twilight Princess. Wii Sports is pretty incredible too. I love the boxing game, it really gets me up and moving.

yeah, this was worth twelve hours of waiting in line

Posted by protomanv4

I havent got my wii and all my frends havent eather. Im waiting for it for christmas. Looking at this thrid makes me wanting to go christmas shopping right now lol.