Wii Launch Thread

Posted by Drewboy64

What is the first game you will play, how late are you going to stay up playing it, etc.

My brother's gonna whore up Zelda a little, and then we'll probably do some wii sports. THen tomorrow in the morning I"m playing Zelda. A lot.

Only 2 hours and 15 minutes left! For Americans!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I start working in December, so my first three paychecks will be saved for a Wii, games, and controllers. The day I get my Wii I'm not going to sleep. I don't care if it's a weekday. I'll play Zelda. Lots and lots of Zelda.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

yay so close im going to play Zelda all day wii than just relax play some wii sports and red steel

Posted by Ant

I'm going to go wait in line for my WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII right now!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

ZOMG ONLY AN HOUR AWAY!!!

wait, no, six months away. nvm.

Posted by Drewboy64

I feel your pain, UK. Kind of.

Man, I cannot wait to play some Zelda! The greatest game of all time!

edit: I HAVE A WIIIIIIIII HOMYGOSH! I WILL PLAY IT SOON!

Posted by Drewboy64

HOLY CRAP SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT THE WIIMOTE IS SMALL! I KNEW IT WAS SMALL BUT I DIDNT REALIZE IT!

wiijaculation!!!!!!

Posted by Axis

I'll be getting mine in about 6 months.

Posted by Big Boss

I'll walk in, get my Wii and accessories, and then walk out, just like I did with the PS3. Lines are for the rest. :)

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, I'll have my Wii in January... I don't see the need to rush. I've waited 3 years for this I think I can wait another 2 months.

First Nintendo system I haven't bought at launch. What has science done?

Posted by Dexter

Awesome. It wasn't planned or anything, but Wii Sports was the first game I played. We're still playing it. It's 4:30 in the morning and I have no idea how late we're going to stay up. I'm sure everyone will want to check out Red Steel before we turn in for the rest of the day, but I don't think we'll be getting into Zelda quite yet. In fact, I don't even want to start that adventure until I finish Tales of the Abyss for the PS2.

Posted by Drewboy64

Haven't played Wii Sports or Zelda (my brother has hogged that for now) yet. But Excite Truck is **** fun, and the wiimote feels so good against my hand and other parts of my body.

Posted by NeXidala

I'll be getting my Wii in a couple of weeks after the rush is over.
The first game I'll buy will probably be Red Steel.
And I'll stay up all night, baby. ;)

Posted by powerpuff

I've got mine and I've also got zelda.

Posted by Kit

Not getting mine until around next month, but I'm gonna play some Wii Sports first, probably 2-player.
Then Red Steel (If I have it), and if not Zelda. Then when my brother leaves my bedroom (Since I have the bigger TV out of me and my brother.) I'll hopefully play some Trauma Centre (If I have it) while tired, and probably screw up some operations and get some people killed. Fun!

Posted by Drewboy64

Wow, the Wii is fan****ingtesticle. I love sending messages to people, editing pictures, playing with Miis. And ***, the games are amazing. I'm sounding like a fanboy, but at least i've got the system to back my opinion - the Wii is ****ing perfection! Maybe not perfection, but it is **** good!

Posted by Dexter

omigosh, the girls have spent, like, an hour each making their Mii characters. I made a quick one but I'm going to take time to make myself a good one later on. It is lots of fun, and so simple. I didn't even know that those characters could be played in Wii Sports until I experienced it for myself.

So you can edit images? That's nice. I'm going to play with that later tonight.

Posted by Axis

Does anyone have Trauma Center? If you do, let me know if the game is any good.

Posted by Drewboy64

Anyone wiht Red Steel tell me how it is. My friend got it though, so i'll play it on tuesday.

Posted by Dexter

I have Red Steel. We've been so busy with Wii Sports that we've barely been able to play it. I played a little bit of single player and one round of multiplayer. From what I've played, it’s fun, but I have a feeling it won't be as popular as I previously thought it would be. The learning curve might annoy people too much and they may desire an alternate method of controls, although the controls is somewhat the best part. The game itself, so far, feels very much like an EB James Bond game. If you already don't enjoy FPS, then you might not enjoy this game. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it a lot more once I get further into it and get used to controls. I think it'll get much better with exposure. My opinions should barely matter to anyone at this time. I'll probably know a lot more by tomorrow night, once I make some decent progress and get a better idea.

And I don't have Trauma Center, but I might get that soon enough. The Wii has gotten me into a mood where I desire innovative games. I watched a few videos for Trauma Center and I have a fairly good idea on what to expect from it. Looks fun to me.

Quoted post: From what I've played, it’s fun, but I have a feeling it won't be as popular as I previously thought it would be. The learning curve might annoy people too much and they may desire an alternate method of controls,

Come on, Rayman! This is where you jump in and prove me right!

Posted by Dexter

I've been playng it since I made that post and it is actually a lot of fun. I started my adventure through the single player mode. I've been getting into it nicely. It might be because it's all new to me, but it's still easily worth it. I think even you would like to go through a game like this. Getting used to your own movements and mastering the control of your own body makes it enjoyable. It's easy to see that these FPS games using the Wiimote and Nunchuk are going to get better with time, but it is a gradual progress and it's nice to follow it along. I just finally got past the sword fighting and it owns compared to shooting. Shooting/aiming is definitely more difficult with these controls, but the sword play is simple and really fun.

And a good sound system makes it so much better. The mic in the Wiimote is better than I expected, too.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Drewboy64: Anyone wiht Red Steel tell me how it is. My friend got it though, so i'll play it on tuesday.

Terrible, unless you like loose controls.

We're talking looooooooooooooose

Posted by Dexter

I turned my sensitivity down to low and it is still fairly difficult to aim properly. I exaggerate so much and waste so much ammo in frantic fire. I'm getting better, but I don't think I'll ever get it down the way I imagined I would. Parrying the enemies is fun with the Nunchuk.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm more concerned about the turning than aiming, so I'd probably turn up sensitivity.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Dexter: Parrying the enemies is fun with the Nunchuk.

Ugh, that took me so long to master, and I really still can't stand it. I too have the problem with exaggerating how I'm playing, but that goes for really every game that I have. I found myself diving across my bed to hit shots in Tennis, only to get up and realize what I'd been doing.

Posted by Dexter

It gets me to thinking that I have to at times. I often remind myself that I don't need to give full swings. Rachael is always thinking she needs to jump during serves and her stance is so Tennis-like, it's hilarious.

I haven't had much trouble with turning myself around in Red Steel, except for while turning, I somehow end up looking up or down and then I have to reestablish myself properly.