Which color to get?

Posted by Shade

I'm probably getting a DS Lite later this week, and I can't decide between a black and a white one. The black one shows some ugly smudges, but I've heard that the white one yellows in some areas. So yeah... vote plz.

Posted by The Judge

While black is awesome, white doesn't show fingerprints and smudges.

Posted by Zeta

Get the pink one. :-*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

White

And DS board get.

Posted by Shade

Well, I figured I'd get more responses if I put this in a board where more people go. Also, general pretty pretty much covers it all, so it's a perfectly valid thread.

Posted by Echo

No, it's a thread about the DS, so it goes in the DS board. But now there's a re-direct in GGC.

Also, white is way sexier, and doesn't show fingerprints.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Zeta: Get the pink one. :-*

Agreed.

Posted by Roxas23857

Get the white it reminds me of an Ipod.

Posted by Apathetic

So does the white not turn yellow?

Posted by Shade

No, I've been told that the shoulder buttons yellow over time.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Roxas23857: Get the white it reminds me of an Ipod.

Except Ipods are also black, pink, blue, green, and who knows how many other colours.

I'd get Black, but that's just me.

Posted by muffla

i dno the green is kind of cool but other than that the white is sweet

or black is a classic

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Quoting muffla: i dno the green is kind of cool but other than that the white is sweet

or black is a classic

shut up muffla, black isnt classic, white is. Dumb butt. u need to get with the program

Posted by ExoXile

Black.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Black if you like it going with the last generation of consoles, white if you like the current.

I'd still go with black

Posted by Dexter

I have a white and a black. I like how well the white DS goes with all the Wii supplies, but I don't like how easily the left and right triggers get dirty and start to turn a shade of yellow. I'd probably go with the black if I had to choose only one.

Quoted post: but I don't like how easily the left and right triggers get dirty and start to turn a shade of yellow.

Maybe I just don't have dirty hands, but my triggers are still white.

Posted by ExoXile

Cleanboy.

Posted by Shade

I see what you did there.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Maybe I just don't have dirty hands, but my triggers are still white.

Actually, they turned a shade of yellow without me ever using them. I brought it to work, which can often be a dirty environment, but I don't think it should've been enough to get them dirty. It's because it's a different material. It won't stay as white as the rest of the system for long, trust me.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Black. White is too Ipoddy.

...That, or pink. You can never go wrong with pink. ;)

Quoted post: It won't stay as white as the rest of the system for long, trust me.

Had it since launch *shrugs*

Posted by Dexter

Maybe the L and R triggers came a slightly less white when I got it. Someone else in this forum made a thread about how dirty they got, too, so I'm sure there's a lot of people out there with the problem.

There are. It's an issue enough people reported to have an article written on just about every site.

Posted by Pit

my hinge cracked, Ill get a pic, just wanna know if its a defect cause i didnt ****ing drop it

It's a defect that happened to a few people. Send it back to Nintendo.

Posted by Pit

by the time I get it back i'd probably had purchased a new DS Lite.

Good thing about sending **** back to nintendo is that they usually replace the product all together good **** nigga

Posted by kingcobra

I owen a black one, cause it is easy to keep clean.

Posted by dylananisa

my old whith one turned yellow,so I got a pink one

Posted by cronomaster

I got black but i find im always wiping fingerprints off.

Posted by Dexter

I'm telling you guys, I've spent time with all three colours and pink is superior. Easy on the eyes, not distracting from the screens. Definitely the astute choice.

Posted by Shade

I ended with a white one btw

Posted by Pit

i bought this http://www.nds-central.com/images/dreamyblue-3.jpg

case lol

Posted by Zeta

Should've went with the ******* pink.

Posted by Shade

That blue DS is sexy.

Posted by NESHero

i got the black ones, looks much nicer imo.
However when the original DS came out i never got one, it hurted my hands , however my brother did get a blue one, i wasnt planning on buying a DS intil the comfortable Lite came out.

Posted by Dexter

Someone link me to a place I could buy the blue one online. I'm having trouble finding a place.

Posted by CS Ryan

I got the pink one so it wouldn't get stolen.

My boss thought it was a cosmetic case.

Posted by mis0

If I were to get another DS, I'd probably stick with the original DS to get that awesome electric blue color. I guess they never made the ice blue (cyan) DS Lite? That's a shame. Of the Lite versions, I would pick the coral pink one.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i plan one getting a ds lite sometime soon. and i am going to get the pink one.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Dexter: Someone link me to a place I could buy the blue one online. I'm having trouble finding a place.

:amy:

Posted by mis0

I guess you could always try [url]www.play-asia.com[/url] or eBay.

Old DS, Electric Blue:
[IMG]http://i18.tinypic.com/6c5wgpg.jpg[/IMG]

DS Lite, Ice Blue:
[IMG]http://i16.tinypic.com/4yuoryd.jpg[/IMG]

Or if you're feeling handy and you don't mind voiding your warranty and possibly destroying your whole DS, you could get a DS "shell" in the color you want and install it. That's the $20 solution.

I've setted for a White Lite. The stupid company that was selling DS screens ****ed up my order twice and I was tired of waiting.

Posted by George

pink is sexy.

"im bringin sexy back!"

Posted by Roxas23857

Get white it will look less dirty with fingerprints and it reminds me of a ipod.

Posted by Average n00b

I'm getting a pink one for my birthday. :B But if you have to choose from the two..I'd say white.

Posted by Phantom75230

You should get any color and get a face plate. they sell them at best buy

Posted by CS Ryan

This is why I got a pink one:

1. I like pink.
2. One of my favourite anime characters is pink, and now I have a custom-made skin of such character.

And 3, the crucial one:

3. No one will steal it.

Do not get black or white. They're too bland.

Posted by Roxas23857

Quoting CS Ryan: This is why I got a pink one:

1. I like pink.
2. One of my favourite anime characters is pink, and now I have a custom-made skin of such character.

And 3, the crucial one:

3. No one will steal it.

Do not get black or white. They're too bland.

Wow that makes sense....nobody in their right mind would take a pink ds....wow your smart.

Posted by MikaFeldy

I got the old DS in Silver and the DS Lite in Black. Was thinking about getting the navy blue, but something about it seemed to kiddie.

Posted by Ant

I just noticed this thread here. why shade?

Posted by Omni

I just noticed how gay some of the people who post in the actual video game boards are.

Posted by Ant

what the hell is this? http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=8394781

Posted by Omni

[quote][IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/customavatars/avatar8394781_6.gif[/IMG]

Is that a guy or a girl?

Posted by junior senior

May 1, 1993
lol

lol @ judge mathis today having a lesbian getting sued

i had my brother come in my room foro 5 minutes trying to determine if it was a boy or girl

Posted by Ant

so, who moved this back to the main forum? :)