Pokemon Rating Academy

Posted by gentlecat482

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=pink]Who wants to have their pokemon rated? Just post you pokemon's level and moves and it will be rated 1-5 by me and anyone else who wants to! Here's mine:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffc0cb][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffc0cb][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Crobat lvl.[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]100[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#fffacd]Fly[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#fffacd]Wing Attack[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#fffacd]Poison Fang[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#fffacd]Air Cutter[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#fffacd] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=pink]What do you think? I worked about 100 hours (literally) training Crobat and my other lvl 100 Hariyama to lvl 100. I'm currently trying to train my Umbreon(lvl.79) to lvl 100. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Posted by CynicalBastard

While leveling up to lvl. 100 can be useful and somewhat fun, you have to consider other things in both raising and movesets. First off, did your original Zubat have high IVs (Individual Values)? And who did you raise off of to gain EVs (Effort Values)? (for more information about EVs and IVs see this website: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=14254)

Also, your moveset is okay, but it could be better. Having two or more attack moves of the same type (wing attack, air cutter, and fly) is usually not a good idea. Poison fang, while okay, could be replaced by Sludge Bomb (assuming you're in a version where sludge bomb is a TM) if you want an offensive poison move. Also, while fly can be convenient, you might want to delete it for something else, because it's not that great (mostly because it takes two turns to attack). If you wanted to try a slightly different approach, you could have your Crobat learn haze, to guard against trainers who love to build up their attack/defense stats. Or you could consider learning confuse ray as well, since it's quite a good attack. Other than that, your move set was okay.

That aside, congrats on getting your Crobat up to lvl. 100 (I know how long it takes to get a pokemon up to lvl. 100).

As far as a rating goes, I'd give it a 3/5.

Posted by gentlecat482

thx for the advice. my crobat, hariyama, and umbreon have Effort Ribbons, so i think thats good. do u have any good moves for a lvl 42 vibrava with screech, crunch, faint attack and sand tomb?

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote]my crobat, hariyama, and umbreon have Effort Ribbons, so i think thats good.
... yeah you're screwed. Your EVs are maxed out, probably on things that they don't need.

If you can get your hands on a choice band, go for:

Crobat @ Choice Band
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Aerial Ace
- (Physical Filler)

the Crobat you have now isn't going to kill anything but the elite four. :x

Get rid of all your Flying moves and use the aerial ace TM, shadow ball TM, and the sludge bomb TM.

If you can't get a choice band, then go ahead and make a hazer. But haze on crobat is generally considered to be all bad news, because he can't take damage.

Posted by gentlecat482

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]okay thx ill do that. i really dont no much about the game except to lvl up and evolution.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh, and note that the physical filler should be something that damages steel types, seeing as how they are resistant to flying and immune to poison. I can't think of any moves at the moment, because it's been a while since I last played.

Posted by gentlecat482

ok

Posted by GameMiestro

Here's a MD pokemon for ya:

Lv. 91 Blaziken
Item: Stamina Band (for travelling)
Attacks: Sky Uppercut linked with Brick Break (power attack, kills anything instantly)
Flamethrower (long range attack)
Earthquake (used in Monster Houses)

I maxxed out his IQ with a huge amount of Gummis, so as you can imagine, his stats are huge. I used to have Fire Blast on him until I noticed that Flamethrower is just as powerful and has a much bigger range. Yes, Earthquake is dangerous, but it's still a very useful move...

Posted by protomanv4

here is my swampert from pkmon emerlad
Swampert Lvl 100
Item Shell Bell

Attacks:
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Mud Shot
Muddy Water

Ribbons:
Hall of fame ribbon
normal Tough contest
super tough contest
effort ribbon

Posted by gentlecat482

nice. i no how hard it is to get to lvl 100 i have a lvl 100s crobat hariyama and lvl79 umbreon. your moves are pretty good but u mite wana replace either earthquake or mud shot with a move like hyper beam or iron tail. ive learned firsthand that even at lvl 100 its good to have a variety of moves. overall i rate u 4/5.good luck!

Posted by gentlecat482

good work getting to lvl 91! i cant find any faults at all in your moves and item so ill rate u 5/5. great job!

Posted by gentlecat482

does anyone have some tips for my lvl 80 umbreon moves:

faint attack
dig
cut
pursuit

i no they suk but i dont no wat els to use ne1 no some better moves?

Posted by CynicalBastard

With Umbreon, you probably want to go with an annoyer strategy. That is, spread your EVs around defensive stats, and teach it the following moves:

Confuse Ray
Attract
Moonlight
(Attack Move (Maybe toxic))

Or you could go with a slightly different strategy and teach it these moves:

Mean Look
Toxic
Moonlight
(Filler Move)

You probably don't want to teach an Umbreon physical moves such as Dig, seeing as Umbreon's attack power is minimal. Same goes with cut. Also, remember that having two of the same types of attack moves is generally not a good idea (faint attack/pursuit)

My own personal favorite Umbreon is my lvl. 100 one with the moves:

Confuse Ray
Attract
Moonlight
Faint Attack

I start off by confusing the enemy (always effective) then use attract (if they're the opposite gender) and then Faint Attack them to death (I don't put him in against fighting types for obvious reasons). If my HP ever gets low, I restore with moonlight, etc. My Umbreon had a 31 IV in defense and a 25 in sp. def. I put 152 EVs in sp. def, 152 EVs in HP and the rest in defense. Needless to say, he kicks ***.

Anyways, gentlecat, I would recommend you start over on your Umbreon and raise it only against Geodudes (for defense) and Tentacools (for sp. def). I know it will be a HUGE pain to start over on another Eevee, but it's either that, or accept that your Umbreon will not reach its full potential.

If that's okay with you, however, then plow on raising him to lvl. 100. I would still recommend one of the two move sets above.

Also, for your Vibrava, I'd recommend these moves:

Dragonbreath (or Dragon Claw is you really want)
Earthquake
Steel Wing (or other physical move)
Screech (to lower defense)

(For some of these, you might need TMs.)

Edit: Protoman, I would recommend Surf over Muddy Water. Otherwise, good move set. (4/5)