Terrible, or terribly funny?

Posted by Lord of Spam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2AYujWCCHRk

Im just going to go ahead and tell you what it is. Its footage of the world trade center attacks with Yackety Sax dubbed over it. I laughed, but more at the fact that there was someone weird enough to think it up.

Opinions?

Posted by Delilah

It was ****ing hilarious. But, it was also kind of stupid... still funny.

Posted by Boner

It's so ****ed up that I actually laughed at that. I'm totally going to hell.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Quite honestly, I didn't find anything funny about this video. Terrible news involving a lot of people dying, there's nothing to joke around about that.

Unless I missed THE point?[/COLOR]

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Xero: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Quite honestly, I didn't find anything funny about this video. Terrible news involving a lot of people dying, there's nothing to joke around about that.

Unless I missed THE point?[/COLOR]

What he said.

Posted by Boner

I think the only reason I even laughed was the fact that it was a video sped up with the Benny Hill music as the sound track. It probably could have been any video with that music and I'd have at least chuckled for a second. I saw no humor in the actual tragedy of those attacks.

Posted by Delilah

Yeah, I guess it is like Boner said- it was the music, however, the rest was tragic.

Posted by Ant

Old'd. Still not funny.

Posted by Iris

Not really funny. The music didn't go very well, so that's probably why. Maybe if they played the clips backwards and at a faster speed it might have been more amusing.

Posted by Random

Not funny. People died in those towers and it was a terrorist attack on our nation. I'd really like to see who made it up, then I can go take a giant rock and crush their skull(s) in.

Anyone who laughs at this deserves to be punched, and you better STFU.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

People still care about the WTC?

Posted by Random

Uh yeah.. It was only *counts* 5 years ago. We must remember what happend in history so it never repeats itself. We lost a few thousand people over it Vamp. Its not some walk in the park to forget..

Not to mention that its not funny to see innocent lives takin and have people laughing about it.

Posted by Omni

I'm not finding it funny. All those people died, including some of my family's friends. Also, I'm originally from NYC, and my father was an electrical foreman and he worked on those buildings...

Interesting fact: My mother and father were there on 9/10 with my aunt, and she took pictures of the WTC.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Random]Uh yeah.. It was only *counts* 5 years ago. We must remember what happend in history so it never repeats itself. We lost a few thousand people over it Vamp. Its not some walk in the park to forget..

Not to mention that its not funny to see innocent lives takin and have people laughing about it.
You made a joke about Hiroshima and Nagasaki just the other day you stupid f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ckwit. F[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck's sake, that's a billion times worse than the thousands that died here. Jesus Christ you're a moron.

Anyway, LOL!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak: You made a joke about Hiroshima and Nagashima just the other day you stupid f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ckwit. F[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck's sake, that's a billion times worse than the thousands that died here. Jesus Christ you're a moron.

Anyway, LOL!

Yeah, this faggot wants to see people executed on live television in addtion to everything else. He also doesn't care if the poor die either. But 9/11? SERIOS BIZNSS!!1 He's an idiot, and he needs to do what idiots do an get hit by a bus or train or something.

Posted by Zeta

DEATH IS FUNNY AS LONG AS IT'S NOT AN AMERICAN, AMIRITE RANDOM?

Posted by Iris

[quote=Random]Uh yeah.. It was only *counts* 5 years ago. We must remember what happend in history so it never repeats itself. We lost a few thousand people over it Vamp. Its not some walk in the park to forget..
Christ, you sound like a stupid 6th grader. 5 years is enough time to start taking it lightly enough to not act all offended and scream "NEVAR FORGIT" whenever it's mentioned. Get the hell off the internet if you can't handle tasteless jokes.

Oh, and the whole nazi-conservative act doesn't make you look smart in anyone's eyes. Give it up.

Posted by Arwon

It's a jarring juxtaposition of momentous tragedy and hilariously whimsical music, a big gap between expectations and what is presented... a well-established comedic formula. Of course it's gonna get guilty laughs. Terrible or terribly funny? More like both.

Did something happen on September 11 a few years ago? I seem to have forgotten. Better turn on the country music station to remind myself.

(Editted to add: Oh ***, ok, the sped-up running is perfect and that's what makes it so funny.)

Posted by junior senior

best part was when they started running fast.

Posted by WackoHater2

That was hilarious. It was the music though. That music makes anything and everything funny. A man could be castrated and I would laugh, as long as that music was playing. Sad at the same time though.

Posted by Slade

Huh, somehow I missed the people running the first time I watched it. I just watched it again and chuckled a little bit more. Arwon pretty much nailed it on why it's even amusing at all.

Also, some guy commented it saying he was one of the people running down 57 flights of stairs to save his life with dirt and human flesh on his suit. I don't believe him. :/

Best one was a group of girls playing soccer with all the parents watching, then suddenly the music kicks in and a girl steps on a mine and blows herself up with the parents screaming and crying because their daughter just died.

Apparently the original commercial was about mines and how they're bad or something. I still lol'd tho.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

In the second clip of the towers being hit (grey sky, CNN, far away shot) it looks like the side of the tower vomited.

I lol'd.

I'm not going to hell since I'm a god. This was funny.

Posted by Random

Quoting Misoxeny: Yeah, this faggot wants to see people executed on live television in addtion to everything else. He also doesn't care if the poor die either. But 9/11? SERIOS BIZNSS!!1 He's an idiot, and he needs to do what idiots do an get hit by a bus or train or something.

ARE YOU A FREAKING MORON? Theres two things wrong here.. A) I wouldn't call me a faggot when your a guy/girl shemale or whatever the hell you are. I don't care to know. And B) THERES A BIG EFFING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KILLING A DICTATOR WHOS KILLED MILLIONS OF LIVES, AND KILLING 3,000 INNOCENT LIVES...

Seriously Miso.. Go **** yourself.

Quoting Iris: Christ, you sound like a stupid 6th grader. 5 years is enough time to start taking it lightly enough to not act all offended and scream "NEVAR FORGIT" whenever it's mentioned. Get the hell off the internet if you can't handle tasteless jokes.

Oh, and the whole nazi-conservative act doesn't make you look smart in anyone's eyes. Give it up.

OHHHH yeah ya know.. Its okay to joke about innocent people dying only 5 years after it. Some little girl who was maybe a year old, had her father die in there and she'll never know him because of it. If she saw this video, she'd be absolutely crushed..

OH WAI~ lets forget Hurricane Katrina.. Its been a year guys! People died.. WHO CARES? LETS STOP SENDING MONEY.. we've sent billions.. Let them fend for themselves.. **** who cares?? HAHAHA geez I wish another Hurricane Katrina strikes..

Ohh yea a Nazi Conservative.. Sig Heil, and Kill those jews and whatever else Nazi's believe in! ROCK ON!

Are you guys INBRED retards?

**edit**

From now on, I will refer to Miso as an "it"

Posted by Arwon

The word is inbred, sir.

Also, shut up.

Posted by Random

Sue me, its 3 AM, I got about 3 hours of sleep because me and the KoH lord are kicking ***..

Also go **** yourself.

Yeah Yeah I say that too much. Got a problem with it? If ya do.. You can go **** yourselves.

I take offense to this and I wish for this thread to be deleted..

Posted by KoH

So when Random called me over to his computer and showed me this thread I didn't find the video itself to be funny at all, but instead the fact that you all were so easily amused but such a lame video. I understand that others thought it was honestly funny and I respect that. But my issue isn't so much the fact that the video's making a mockery of 9/11 but rather that it was just plain unfunny.

I can't understand though why some of you think that a televised execution of a mass murderer is inappropriate and a video making fun of the actual mass murder with funny music (being the only thing remotely funny about it) to be amusing. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Quoted post: lets forget Hurricane Katrina..

Yeah, like anyone remembers it anyways.

People die, tragedies happen, get over it. I don't think anyone here is laughing at the fact that people died, rather, the juxtaposition of something horrific and hilarious music. Take the flag pole out of your ***.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, like anyone remembers it anyways.

People die, tragedies happen, get over it. I don't think anyone here is laughing at the fact that people died, rather, the juxtaposition of something horrific and hilarious music. Take the flag pole out of your ***.

Yeah I really don't care why they were laughing. The fact that they're laughing at a video which had a few airplanes of a few terrorists kill thousands of people just isnt' flat out funny.

And yeah people remember hurricane katrina. We've spent more on Katrina than we have money for our soldiers in Iraq. Its kind of sick if you think about it in the long run. I mean people down there were hit hard and all but a lot of that money we sent down there hasn't fixed the problems that truley need fixed.

Now you've got Whoopie Goldberg (I don't even give two ****s if I spell that right), Robin Williams, and Billy Crystal doing some Comedy Relief..

I'm just sick that we'd send way more money down there than we do in a war that our troops are involved in, and none of the very serious problems were fixed. The governor of New Orleans can go **** herself too..

Posted by Random

LOLOLO alright guys.. I've got a new lineup of funny stuff for ya!!

[URL="http://mypages.blackvoices.com/museum/nss-folder/pictures/Lynching.jpg"]http://mypages.blackvoices.com/museum/nss-folder/pictures/Lynching.jpg[/URL]

LOLZ TEH FUNAY

[URL="http://karenas.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/katrina_victim11.jpg"]http://karenas.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/katrina_victim11.jpg[/URL]

TEH LOLZ, KATRINA VICTIM..

[URL="http://www.etymonline.com/columns/soldier.jpg"]http://www.etymonline.com/columns/soldier.jpg[/URL]

HAH LOOK THAT KIDS DEAD.. LIKE A BUNCH OF OTHER KIDS IN THE TOWERS TEH LOLZ

[URL="http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/D/9/faulkner.jpg"]http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/D/9/faulkner.jpg[/URL]

And this girl... She doesn't have her father anymore.. Yeah how funny is that?

Seriously you guys who laughed at this orginally can go **** yourselves.. Do you find my pictures funny? I mean ohhh you want music.. Here, download Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and look at the pics LOL..

I know if any of you had a loved one in one of those buildings who died or even escaped with their lives, you'd feel different.

**Edit**

on second thought, i'm not ranting yet. I love how you guys defend a dictator from execution, but you laugh at innocent lives being takin.

I don't care how long ago it was, its not funny. If your dad died 10 years ago, would you let someone just laugh about it?? **** no..

Jesus Effing christ.. Sometimes you guys really **** me off on how hypocritical you really are.

Wow, they way you overreact has brought the hilarity of this thread to a whole new level. It's so ridiculous you can't help but laugh, then reconsider and shake your head just because it's almost embarrassing to read.

Quoted post: I know if any of you had a loved one in one of those buildings who died or even escaped with their lives, you'd feel different.

No ****, but we didn't and I don't even live in America. :cookie:

Posted by Random

Wow your a real *******. Hmmm i'm going to guess you must be slightly anti American eh? I mean the fact that you laugh and you don't care because its in "America" pffft..

YEAH ITS REAL FUNNY LAUGHING AT DEAD people..

Geez a black guy hung by white people..

A person drowning in Hurricane Katrina

A little child killed...

And a girl who lost her father in the World Trade Centers..

How freaking amusing. I'm glad you think its funny Vamp. No really because it goes to show what kind of a person you are.. Y'know I think it' dbe really funny if someone killed you and I could watch it on the internet.

NO NO.. Thatd be helarious.. A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.. Hell.. I'd like to see you stabbed, and mangled, and tortured then raped. It'd be helarious.. I'll add Michael Jacksons "Billy Jean" and we'll have a gay old time.

**edit**

oh yeah just so you guys know.. I don't give two ****s what you think about me or what I say. You guys can have your little cows or attempt to mock me or look retarded and argue about how funny it is that innocent lives died and I don't really care. I can't help that theres a bunch of retards that believe this is funny.

Quoted post: Wow your a real *******. Hmmm i'm going to guess you must be slightly anti American eh? I mean the fact that you laugh and you don't care because its in "America" pffft..

Or maybe, you know, I have an American citizenship, but just don't feel any attachment to something that has no impact on me whatsoever. You know, like the countless deaths and murders around the world every day that don't affect you in the slightest? Yeah.

Quoted post: YEAH ITS REAL FUNNY LAUGHING AT DEAD people..

How freaking amusing. I'm glad you think its funny Vamp. No really because it goes to show what kind of a person you are.. Y'know I think it' dbe really funny if someone killed you and I could watch it on the internet.

NO NO.. Thatd be helarious.. A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.. Hell.. I'd like to see you stabbed, and mangled, and tortured then raped. It'd be helarious.. I'll add Michael Jacksons "Billy Jean" and we'll have a gay old time.

Nah, but what IS funny is that I told you why the OP could be considered humourous--having not much to do with dead people at all--and you actually seemed to register it. Now you seem to be completely lost and have no idea what you're talking about. Here: " I don't think anyone here is laughing at the fact that people died, rather, the juxtaposition of something horrific and hilarious music. "

There you go. Notice the part where I say no one is laughing at the fact that a lot of people died? It just happened to be involved. If you weren't such a moron, you'd realise people CAN laugh about tragedies. That's what a large percent of comedy is made up of.

Lord, learn how to spell and type, firstly, then stop caring about something so passionately that has very little to do with you when you most likely don't give a **** about the hundreds of people who just died this past hour over the world. Though, those weren't televised, nor made into a spectacle, so why would you care?

I reiterate, don't take this **** seriously. 9/11 and Katrina are nothing more than faded memories and gold mines for political jokes at this point in the eyes of the general public. People can and will laugh at tragedies when a joke is set around them. That doesn't mean they're laughing at the fact that people lost family members. Durr durr durr.

You're an idiot.

Posted by Arwon

Jeez, Random's turning into a parody of himself.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Random: LOLOLO alright guys.. I've got a new lineup of funny stuff for ya!!

[URL="http://mypages.blackvoices.com/museum/nss-folder/pictures/Lynching.jpg"]http://mypages.blackvoices.com/museum/nss-folder/pictures/Lynching.jpg[/URL]

LOLZ TEH FUNAY

[URL="http://karenas.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/katrina_victim11.jpg"]http://karenas.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/katrina_victim11.jpg[/URL]

TEH LOLZ, KATRINA VICTIM..

[URL="http://www.etymonline.com/columns/soldier.jpg"]http://www.etymonline.com/columns/soldier.jpg[/URL]

HAH LOOK THAT KIDS DEAD.. LIKE A BUNCH OF OTHER KIDS IN THE TOWERS TEH LOLZ

[URL="http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/D/9/faulkner.jpg"]http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/D/9/faulkner.jpg[/URL]

And this girl... She doesn't have her father anymore.. Yeah how funny is that?

I laughed at two of those. In the first one, I see a guy pointing at the dead person in the tree. AS IF IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE POINTED OUT, LOL. And in the last one, the expression on the president's face is priceless. Count all of those wrinkles on his forehead! ahahaha!

Notice I'm not finding humor in the dead people, but rather other people's reactions to the dead people. Something different entirely. Just like I'm laughing at your reaction right now.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"I mean ohhh you want music.. Here, download Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and look at the pics LOL.."

I lol'd pretty hard at that. Also, you do realize that the halloween after Katrina hit, the people of new orleans dressed up in katrina style costumes, right? I remember seeing one guy as a fridge full of spoiled food, and another as a house with people on the roof and fema choppers overhead.

Point is, if you let **** like this just get at you and eat you up inside, it kills you. Learn to mourn, move on, and then try to find the humor in things and you wont turn into a mindless revenge machine who wants blood for blood.

Oh, wait, too late. lol.

also, suck my balls, etc.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'd love to see that with Wierd Al Yankovich's "Christmas at Ground Zero" playing in the background. Ironic that he created the song 10 years before 9/11, but it sounds so horribly offensive now...

Posted by Speedfreak

Random: Comment on the Nagasaki/Hiroshima thing and admit you're a total hypocrite or I'm banning you for 2 days for being a f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking moron.

Power abuse? Yes. Any complaints? Didn't think so.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I didn't find it funny or offensive. Maybe I'm in a bad mood.

Posted by Random

Apologize and admit? I wasn't making a joke about people dying with the nuclear bombs, I was making fun of the japanese for going crazy for the PS3 and mentioning the radiation from the bombs must have caused it..

Ohhh i'm so afraid of teh ban

Jesus christ I wish you people were more humane.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Random]Apologize and admit? I wasn't making a joke about people dying with the nuclear bombs, I was making fun of the japanese for going crazy for the PS3 and mentioning the radiation from the bombs must have caused it..

And that's a joke about two nuclear disasters. You win the idiot award.

Hey, remember that picture that made fun of the 7/7 bombings, with red routemasters lodged into two big bens with a bulldog crying? That was funny, and I don't remember you protesting.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Random: Apologize and admit? I wasn't making a joke about people dying with the nuclear bombs, I was making fun of the japanese for going crazy for the PS3 and mentioning the radiation from the bombs must have caused it..

LOL the twin towers exploding caused firefighters to get lung cancer, and become fretful for their lives!

IT'S HILARIOUS!!1

You're so full of doublestandards, it's not funny. When it's us, it's a tragedy. When it's them, who gives a ****? Or so you would have us believe.

Bottom line: either major, terrible events can have fun poked at them, or they can't. Period. Not, "well, they're Japanese, so it's OK to make fun of them."

WE killed well over 20 times the amount of people who died in the 9/11 attacks with nuclear bombs, you ****ing moron. The vast, vast majority were totally innocent, with literally just a few being military casualties. We're talking thousands and thousands of innocent civilians.

And don't bull**** me and tell me there's a difference. There is no ****ing difference. INNOCENT PEOPLE DIED. That's what you should care about, faggot. Not to mention Katrina, but they're POOR so why the **** would you care?

Speed) I support an excessive stupidity ban for Random. But make it two years.

Posted by Iris

Maybe it would have been funnier if if they showed people jumping out of the tower at a fast speed and then rewound them back into the tower. D:

Posted by Stalolin

"The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow."
"The funniest things are the forbidden."

therefore, this thread is absolutely hilarious

Posted by Arwon

I agree with Iris, I was waiting for that.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Random: OHHHH yeah ya know.. Its okay to joke about innocent people dying only 5 years after it. Some little girl who was maybe a year old, had her father die in there and she'll never know him because of it. If she saw this video, she'd be absolutely crushed..

OH WAI~ lets forget Hurricane Katrina.. Its been a year guys! People died.. WHO CARES? LETS STOP SENDING MONEY.. we've sent billions.. Let them fend for themselves.. **** who cares?? HAHAHA geez I wish another Hurricane Katrina strikes..

the titanic was like 80 years ago and i laughed my *** off at the people falling off the boat in the movie, and i'm sure you probably did too. :|

anyway, lol'd

edit: lol fux'd up quote tags

Quoted post: Apologize and admit? I wasn't making a joke about people dying with the nuclear bombs, I was making fun of the japanese for going crazy for the PS3 and mentioning the radiation from the bombs must have caused it..

So you just made a joke about a tragedy? One that's a thousand times larger than the WTC attacks? Oh man, you're such a moron it's not even funny. I literally cannot laugh at how stupid you are right now.

Though, I did laugh at Iris' comment. Gold.

Posted by Iris

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8-jcDRFId68"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8-jcDRFId68[/URL]

Vampiro was right.

lol that's the one. It's still funny.

Posted by Iris

I still thought the funniest one was when it was dubbed over Ashley Simpson's lip-syncing on SNL.

Posted by Slade

The best part was the faint repeated screams of the mother over the music. The footage of the girl lying there dead was a low point, though.

It's the people freaking out with that music playing that really gets to me.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Random]Jesus christ I wish you people were more humane.The death penalty is inhumane. You advocated it being televised. Catch my drift?

Posted by Random

Quoting Skitzo Control: The death penalty is inhumane. You advocated it being televised. Catch my drift?

THERES A "HUGE" difference between televising a dictator being killed by the death penalty (Which he killed millions) and watching Terrorists attack our trade centers and laugh about it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

In all honesty... death is funny.

Always has been, always will be. It'll suck when my friends die or something, but they'd want me to find humor in it as I know they'd find it in mine. You can't kill yourself over something that CANNOT be changed. It happened, and it'll stay that way. Get over it.

*** I hope someone records my death and puts the Benny Hill music over it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Sapphire Rose: *** I hope someone records my death and puts the Benny Hill music over it.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sapphire Rose again."

Same here, /b/rother.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Random: THERES A "HUGE" difference between televising a dictator being killed by the death penalty (Which he killed millions) and watching Terrorists attack our trade centers and laugh about it.

You. Fucking. Idiot.

Somehow I gather you don't realize that we've killed at the very least, 50,000 innocent Iraqi civilians, but likely thousands more than that. not to mention that our own soldiers have tortured captives, so you can't say that we're better than Saddam in that regard either. But lol, it's OK to kill someone else for killing Iraqi civilians even though we do it to, rite? rite?!

Posted by Lord of Spam

lol, they killed more though

so i guess that means that we should REALLY be going after sudan, since theyve helped kill almost 500000 somalians in darfur.

oh, wait, you dont seem to care about that. nvm.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Random]THERES A "HUGE" difference between televising a dictator being killed by the death penalty (Which he killed millions) and watching Terrorists attack our trade centers and laugh about it.You're missing the point. Is it not still inhumane? Of course it is. Killing somebody is inhumane, regardless of what they've done to deserve it, or of how you do it. And televising such acts does not make it any better.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Random]and watching Terrorists attack our trade centers and laugh about it.
jesus christ, shut the fu[COLOR=#ffcccc]c[/COLOR]k up. For the last time, nobody's laughing at the actual deaths, just how the video is being portrayed. Stop repeating yourself as if it made you right, you jacka[COLOR=#ffcccc]ss[/COLOR].

I ought to just merge all of your posts. You've been saying the same thing over and over.

Posted by GameMiestro

Monty Python proved that anonymous people jumping out of buildings can be funny.

More nostalga... :)

Quoted post: and watching Terrorists attack our trade centers and laugh about it.

At this point you're not even reading any of our posts. You must be stuck in an infinite blinding rage of patriotism or something.

Posted by Omni

Oh, come on. I posted a negative review, and I have a really good reason, but even I didn't flame everyone in the thread. No offense, but I found that argument mildly entertaining is all...