PS3 Line Robbery Results in Shooting

Posted by lanzer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/crime/ps3-line-robbery-results-in-shooting-215581.php
http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-launch/the-great-ps3-robbery-215467.php

**** man did SONY really want this people actually killing over the ****ed PSTR33?! my *** im glad i reject the PS3 now.

Posted by Random

Doesn't suprise me.. People are morons

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: A Best Buy in Boston, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart — its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home.

I wish everyone would do something like this. :(

Posted by Shade

Yeah, my friend's brother was 22nd in line and waited for 8 hours, but because employees bought 10 of the consoles before the store even opened, he went home empty-handed.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: I wish everyone would do something like this. :(

I agree. What amazes me is that US retailers are so badly run. Seriously either they are milking the publicity from news reports or whatever or havent thought of this amazingly obvious thing.

Posted by Supermario

I agree with the quote Dexter posted, too bad other shopping places can't do the same. It looks like waiting in like for a PS3 can be nuts. I don't think it's a good idea to get in a line or 'camp out' for a new video game system, since it looks like they only have a few systems to sell anyway.

I don't know why the stores that sell these new game systems can't find a better way to let people know how many systems they have.

Posted by bazariah

#I don't know why the stores that sell these new game systems can't find a better way to let people know how many systems they have.#

it would never happen, no store would want their rivals to know they only have 5 consoles in stock or whatever

theoretically those robbers were smart, they knew that the people in line would have cash to buy the machine, thus kerching early christmas...

as much as i love my games i could never find the time to stand in a line in the freezing cold suffering from shrinkage just to buy a console which i'd probably have very little time to play due to my work...

makes me wonder though, why are video gamers the only people sad enough to wait around for hours in a line at silly times in the cold, i mean dyson released a new vacum cleaner recently, did people wait in a line on the release date for that?? hmm i wonder

Posted by HfsJunky

Quoted post: Yeah, my friend's brother was 22nd in line and waited for 8 hours, but because employees bought 10 of the consoles before the store even opened, he went home empty-handed.

wow i would kill myself

Posted by Linkman

Fun Fact:

The guy who got shot in Putnam, Connecticut is getting a free Playstation 3. His original plan was to sell it on EBay. No more, he says. Probably because their resell value went WAY down.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it seriously baffles me how people are willing to shell out 600 dollars for this **** thing

Posted by muffla

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20040811

this is like four years old but so perfect for this

Posted by Polluti0n

Exactly what I heard since I live a few towns away from Boston. Also a guy got shot for cutting the line. Heh, what an idiot.