LOL PS3s breaking

Posted by Random

LOLOLO PS3 hasnt' even been out a full day and their breaking. KoH and I have talked to people who have already had their PS3s break and the local EB Games and Gamestop had their PS3s over heat and now it won't work.

LOLOLO TYPICAL SONY..

Wow so i'm just going to guess that they're going to have a higher failure rating than the 360.. Basically since every person we talked to who bought one that hasn't resold it already has had problems with it.

Posted by Linkman

I'm just shocked they don't blow up as soon as you plug them in.

I loved watching the news this morning. People getting robbed and shot over these things all because stores couldn't get anymore than a single digit amount of units. The entire thing is just pathetic on so many levels.

Posted by Random

Yeah its a sad world..

Posted by Random

I just heard about a guy who sold is spot in line for $2,500.. why are people that retarded?

Posted by Dexter

We played it all night last night with absolutely no problems. It was on for hours and didn't overheart. I'll search my Internets and see what people are saying elsewhere.

Posted by Kit

If this is true...lol

Well, I can't get a PS3 for a while anyway, so it'll probably be sorted by then. No trouble for me :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Happened to the 360, so I'm not surprised. The overheating and breaking thing that is.

Posted by Arczu

And this... is why... I'll wait... and wait... 'till all is well and good... before plopin' down... $600... or less...

Seriously when I heard about my next-door neighbour's XB360 overheating and stuff I was like woah... shoite and kinda shocked.

Where "shoite" = stupid censor...

Posted by Random

LOLOLO ME AND KOH WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TRY A PS3 since EVERY STORES BROKE.. WE FOUND ONE THAT WORKED AND IT CRASHED ON US ABOUT 4 MINUTES INTO IT LOL..

KoH and I have seen 4 PS3s and all 4 have broke or crashed... 4/4 Failure rating.. Last I checked thats 100%

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Random: KoH and I have seen 4 PS3s and all 4 have broke or crashed... 4/4 Failure rating.. Last I checked thats 100%

"Oh wait, you can't have it in the dirt floor? I better move the cat that's usually sitting on the fan too."

Sounds like a typical 360 problem over again.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Arczu]Where "shoite" = stupid censor...

EXACTLY! I want a PS3. But, if I could get one now, I'd just list it on ebay. I'd use the profit to buy one later when all (or most) of the bugs are worked out.

Posted by Random

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: "Oh wait, you can't have it in the dirt floor? I better move the cat that's usually sitting on the fan too."

Sounds like a typical 360 problem over again.

No, these were in the glass displays at EB or Gamestop lolz

Posted by TheSorrow

yeah they are breaking down and the sad part is people are paying in thousands for them on ebay, and about people getting robbed and shot for their ps3s all i do is laugh at how crazy people are going for a system thats already having problems

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, my friend told me that at the local target their display PS3 is broken. But still Random, 360 did have this problem and it's not that funny... I'm not a Sony supporter but still you're kinda overdoing it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

As long as this doesn't happen with the Wii...

The chances of the Wii experiencing similar problems is almost nil.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Moogs: Yeah, my friend told me that at the local target their display PS3 is broken. But still Random, 360 did have this problem and it's not that funny... I'm not a Sony supporter but still you're kinda overdoing it.

He always does with anything Sony, it never fails

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I made this comic in MS Paint after reading this thread:

Yeah, I made fun of the guy who got mugged after getting his PS3, too. I thought the Half-Life/Crowbar refference would spice it up a bit. That's a crowbar bashing his head, by the way.

Posted by Random

Quoting Moogs: Yeah, my friend told me that at the local target their display PS3 is broken. But still Random, 360 did have this problem and it's not that funny... I'm not a Sony supporter but still you're kinda overdoing it.

I'm just going to take a guess and predict the PS3 failures double Xbox 360 failures..

So that's, what, a whole ten percent maybe? Not only was it predicted to fail because of all the **** going on inside it, it's a first-generation Sony system. Saying they're failing is like saying the sun is rising in the morning. It's a given.

Posted by Vasioth

I just loved how many time's you used "LOLOLO" in a sentence Random.

But it sucks when the new console's (Next Gen, earlier Series) over-heat when you just buy them. My 360 also done that, but never broke down. It just... crashe's after a total of 2hour's gameplay.

I also find it quiet ... cheap that people are buying for low and re-selling for a higher price because Most Kids, Teenagers and Adults usually buy Sony's newest console's ... but also, I find it more sad than cheap at the people who would even think of buying one for $2500, no console is that great.

And beside's that... well... the PS3 looks like a Big Black Construction Brick... I would rather have something else on my shelf then it... or something that wouldn't break so easily (Most of my friends also bought it and there's broke down, over-heated easily or the Fan was really loud) .

Posted by Random

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vasioth again.

lol =(

Posted by GameMiestro

Whoever thinks that putting one on ebay for thousands of dollars is going to work is retarded. If you actually looked on ebay, you'd notice that there are thousands of other people doing exactly the same thing, nobody is buying them (except the scumbags who artificially jack up the price), and the chance of your item even showing up on the first page is miniscule.

Posted by Moogs

Yeah 360 is the only console Ebay worked for... nobody's really buying any PS3 products from there.

Posted by Random

Wow ok this isn't even funny. The KoH lord had to go back this morning but last night we went up to a Best Buy near the airport and thus they had a PS3.. it too was broke..

At first I thought it was funny that there were a few that broke but this is rediculous. Is there seriously going to be like a 80% Failure rating?? If so, is sony going to fix this? I mean it might not be that bad but its sad that we went to see "5" PS3s and all "5" broke within a couple days..

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Random: Wow ok this isn't even funny. The KoH lord had to go back this morning but last night we went up to a Best Buy near the airport and thus they had a PS3.. it too was broke..

At first I thought it was funny that there were a few that broke but this is rediculous. Is there seriously going to be like a 80% Failure rating?? If so, is sony going to fix this? I mean it might not be that bad but its sad that we went to see "5" PS3s and all "5" broke within a couple days..

Well, since I've yet to hear or see this from other people about this problem, I doubt the failure rate will be anywhere near that.

Ten percent. Tops.

Posted by Random

Ehhh well itll take time to find out seeing that a lot of them are holding it for Christmas.

We had a few guys come up to the local EB and complain about their PS3s not working. They say it keeps freezing up when they get to a certain point in a game.

I'm willing to bet theres a 20% failure rating if not higher. Personally seeing 7 PS3s that all broke, makes me think it'll be more than 10%.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Random: Ehhh well itll take time to find out seeing that a lot of them are holding it for Christmas.

We had a few guys come up to the local EB and complain about their PS3s not working. They say it keeps freezing up when they get to a certain point in a game.

I'm willing to bet theres a 20% failure rating if not higher. Personally seeing 7 PS3s that all broke, makes me think it'll be more than 10%.

Once again, I'm only hearing about this problem from you, I've yet to hear any huge commotion about things like breaking or freezing up, not saying they're won't be any, but 20% is probably high percent which I highly doubt.

Posted by Random

Go to a few retailers.. I bet you don't know a lot of people who have them because their weren't a lot manufactured for launch. Its sad that everyone or every business I know which has/had a PS3 is already broke.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Random: Go to a few retailers.. I bet you don't know a lot of people who have them because their weren't a lot manufactured for launch. Its sad that everyone or every business I know which has/had a PS3 is already broke.

I have seen them at other retailers fine, that's way I said I'm only hearing about there types of problems from you and I know two person who have one and neither have any problems thus far.

Posted by muffla

I hate people who buy systems just to sell them. When i buy a system i buy it to play it, now cuz all of these jerkoffs just want to sell them i cant get one unless i pay three times the price

**** me off

Quoted post: I hate people who buy systems just to sell them. When i buy a system i buy it to play it, now cuz all of these jerkoffs just want to sell them i cant get one unless i pay three times the price

Spoilers: No one buying them at such a high cost. The most you're likely to pay online is 1,100 bucks, with some closing at 300... half the price. Online is over saturated meaning you can probably get a better deal if you care to invest the time.

oh and
lolololol ps2s breaking
lolololol xboxes breaking
lolololol 360s breaking
lolololol wiis breaking
lolololollolololololololol

Posted by RebelGamer137

Will you PS haters shut the hell up?!

Posted by Random

I wonder how much failure rating we'll hear about after Christmas when the majority of the PS3s are used. After checking out 7 PS3s in retail stores to note that all have broken makes me wonder. Not to mention i've spoken with 2 other people recently who say they spent a lot of money to grab them off of ebay for themselves, and they've already burned up.

Does anyone here own a PS3 that can tell me that it works fine?

Now granted I enjoy this because i'm not a huge fan of Sony. Working in retail and selling numerous Sony products, we tend to see a lot break. Hell we had 6 Sony Vaio's that we sold 3 months ago and 3 of them broke. We don't tend to have that problem with Compaqs/HPs, Acers, or Toshiba's.

Hell I even hate selling Sony products..

My buddy has one and it works fine. It's super quite which is nice... unless you stick it in a cabinet or something. Than it's about three times louder than a 360. But yeah, runs smoothly. TOO BAD THERE'S NOTHING TO PLAY LOL

Oh, and the vents will ****ing melt glass. Holy ****.

Posted by ccrocker58

Gotta admit; I haven't seen or heard much in terms of this thing breaking down. All I've heard of were the compatibility issues the system was having with PS2 and 1 games and HD...that and an occasional overheating, nothing like the earthshattering failure you're kinda making it sound like Random...but who's to say your area didn't get a bad batch or some **** like that? Other than that, it's sounding pretty solid.

Failure rate is probably close to 360's... that being less than 5%.

Demo displays are terrible to go by, otherwise Wiis are unresponsive and DSs come with totally ****ed up displays right out of the box.

Posted by Larry The Great

it is just a small handfull of PS3s breaking. People tend to pay more attention to this type of stuff when a system first comes out.

Usually because that's when a console has the most faults. DURR DURR DURR

Posted by hatewarrior2001

Quoting Random: LOLOLO ME AND KOH WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TRY A PS3 since EVERY STORES BROKE.. WE FOUND ONE THAT WORKED AND IT CRASHED ON US ABOUT 4 MINUTES INTO IT LOL..

KoH and I have seen 4 PS3s and all 4 have broke or crashed... 4/4 Failure rating.. Last I checked thats 100%

You are a ****ing idiot, it's people like you that point out how retarded and fanboy our world is. You are trying to tell me you saw three PS3s...And you tried to play them, even though you clearly hate Sony...And they all didn't work...What a quencidence, you hate Sony, and this clearly points out the reason why. And you went to another store, still disperately trying to play it, and it breaks down right infront of your eyes...Sony does have testers, they wouldn't have released it if all the systems they tested broke down minutes after turning it on. And 100% failure rate, you are not just a ****ING idiot, you are clearly a liar. Because my friend got one the first day it came out, and guess what, it's been months since it's been out. And he pretty much plays the thing 24/7, and guess what filthy *** liar... It hasn't had a single problem. Also, a lot of the reports about PS3s breaking down, are rumors. You know how I know, because I asked many people who actually owned a PS3 and they say they work perfectly. But you ask a Xbox fan, you KNOW the same ones that work at Gamecrazy and insult you everytime you purchase a PS2 game, they all say it has the highest failure rate of all time. And all the time they are saying this I wonder why all the stores I've been to have the same PS3 in the glass cage, I dont know...... ****IN FANBOYS!

Posted by hatewarrior2001

Quoting Vasioth: I just loved how many time's you used "LOLOLO" in a sentence Random.

But it sucks when the new console's (Next Gen, earlier Series) over-heat when you just buy them. My 360 also done that, but never broke down. It just... crashe's after a total of 2hour's gameplay.

I also find it quiet ... cheap that people are buying for low and re-selling for a higher price because Most Kids, Teenagers and Adults usually buy Sony's newest console's ... but also, I find it more sad than cheap at the people who would even think of buying one for $2500, no console is that great.

And beside's that... well... the PS3 looks like a Big Black Construction Brick... I would rather have something else on my shelf then it... or something that wouldn't break so easily (Most of my friends also bought it and there's broke down, over-heated easily or the Fan was really loud) .

Again another fanboy making **** up, for one the fan makes no noise at all. Two, the thing is ****ing hard to break, ever seen a PSP? Same material. And I have dropped that thing over a 100 times, and it doesn't even have a chip. The thing is made out of tougher material than the 360 which is just hard plastic.

Posted by unknowngamer

Quoting Random: Wow ok this isn't even funny. The KoH lord had to go back this morning but last night we went up to a Best Buy near the airport and thus they had a PS3.. it too was broke..

Ok first you have to take into consideration how long the systems are on per day an emplyee at target, goes in roughly 7am, same with best buy, they infact start the systems up and probably play for awhile before the store opens. Now consider how many people probably play these things. The consoles are locked up in a case where air flow is limited thers overheating issues there. Same thing happens to anything that has restricted air flow. Take a slim line PS2 stuff it into a small are with hardly any air flow. They heat up. Take a dual processor computer with 2 fans what do you think will happen? overheat.

Now I have gone to my Target and best buy and they are still using the PS3 they got for the demos, maybe people are just abusing them. Food for thought isnt it?

Posted by Dexter

kk, I've been playing several different PS3 systems, some of which are on for hours upon hours without rest, and they are working fine. The situations is just being too exaggerated.

And rarely judge a system by how well it functions in a store.

Posted by kakashi306

That sucks for all the PS3 owners. imnot planning o get one 'til i hear tell of a PS4 (yeah, im that poor)

Posted by Anti-Muffla

my ps3 hasn't had any problems at all yet. i have three friends that have one, and they've never had a problem either. Thats a 4/4 success rating. pretty cool. Just putting it out there, all my friends that got a 360 within the first two months of launch, have had to replace or fix something that was broken. I dunno, maybe the same thing will happen to me and my friends with the ps3 within the next year, but so far from wat i've seen, it's more reliable than it is getting credit for.