Twilight Princess 10/10 (or, Speedfreak Was Wrong)

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329

Now can we please put it to rest?

Posted by Ant

Huh, I wasn't actually expecting 10/10's. But now that I actually see them, I have zero doubts about buying this game. (Not to say I did, but still, reassuring nonetheless)

Posted by TendoAddict

Wait wait wait...

Kick [COLOR="Black"]A[/COLOR]ss games get Kick [COLOR="Black"]A[/COLOR]ss Scores?

NO WAI!!1

Posted by Random

Wait I don't get it. 1UP is just one web site that gives their own.. I'm sure Twilight Princess got 10/10 on other sites and i'm sure theres more games that've scored 10/10 as of recent.. Ex: Gears of War..

Someone want to feed me the details to why this thread was made?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings][URL="http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329"]http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329[/URL]
[IMG]http://www.1up.com/images/Ratings/1up-100.gif[/IMG]

Now can we please put it to rest?
...it wasn't a geniune prediction.

EDIT: And you agreed with me, wtf?

Posted by GameMiestro

The simple fact that it is an ultra-hyped Zelda game meant they were obligated to give it at least a 9.5/10, so this review doesn't tell much. At least I know the game is done now...

Posted by Dexter

Just because it is a ultra-hyped games doesn't mean they're going to automatically give it a high rating. It's a ultra-hyped game because it has a promising crew and it is a successful franchise that is expected to be great, and unsurprisingly looks to be that way. They don't give these great scores because people expect the game to get them, they give them because the game most likely deserves to get them. This is Zelda! Zelda doesn't easily fail.

Posted by Bebop

I played it today and was really enjoying. Control wise all my worries are gone.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Random: Wait I don't get it. 1UP is just one web site that gives their own.. I'm sure Twilight Princess got 10/10 on other sites and i'm sure theres more games that've scored 10/10 as of recent.. Ex: Gears of War..

Someone want to feed me the details to why this thread was made?

Speedy made a topic ****ing and moaning about how gears got 10, which he felt was due to blind hype, and that they wouldnt give Twilight a fair chance.

Posted by Drewboy64

Holy crap, 1Up gave it a 10 out of 10! Wow, that's cool. I'm not going to read the review, though, as there would be spoilers. Anything Zelda these days is considered a spoiler to me.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Drewboy64: Holy crap, 1Up gave it a 10 out of 10! Wow, that's cool. I'm not going to read the review, though, as there would be spoilers. Anything Zelda these days is considered a spoiler to me.

Spoilers: Dodongo dislikes smoke.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I sure hope I don't have to beat the Water Temple, again!:angry:

Posted by Zeta

Geez, the Water Temple isn't as hard as people say. >_>

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The simple fact that it is an ultra-hyped Zelda game meant they were obligated to give it at least a 9.5/10, so this review doesn't tell much. At least I know the game is done now...

Or, you know, it's a Zelda game and actually deserves it. Pretty much every Zelda game gets over high eights. OoT got tens, MM got slightly less, and TP is supposed to be bigger and better than both. So a ten only makes sense.

Posted by Burrito

Gamespot gave Twilight Princess an 8.8. Which was dissapointing. :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Burrito: Gamespot gave Twilight Princess an 8.8. Which was dissapointing. :(

How is it dissapointing? reviews have to compare to older games, especially in franchises.

I mean, if you have Mario 64, one of the greatest platforms, and then a new 3D mario games comes out, Mario Sunshine, and it doesn't live up to it, it's not gonna get as high of a score.

I mean, personally, I thought Majoras Mask was way better than OoT, but reiew wise, it got an 8.3.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Burrito: Gamespot gave Twilight Princess an 8.8. Which was dissapointing. :(

I love the way everybody who hasn't even played the game yet is acting as if this is a bad score.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Bah, scoring is a fucked up sustem anyway. Nowadays below a seven is considered bad, which I really don't understand.

What's interesting is that you look at reviews from all Zelda game, it averages out at aroud 9-ish. But it's Winning Eleven that, in some magazines, has never dropped below that score. And yet somehow Zelda carries much more weight and people think it 'deserves' a better score.

There has to be something we're missing in the makeup of this game by simply giving it a score rating. It's more of an epic than a game, IMO.