PS3 Launch!!!

Posted by Dexter

Well, it was fun! I just got back from it. Tiffany, my roommate, baked over 100 delicious cookies and we brought a huge load of other snacks with us and served them to those in line. Not to mention the 15 pizzas that someone else ordered! Rachael brought her guitar, too, and she played some fun songs that we sung along with.

I have fun being surrounded by people with similar interest. Whether it be a group of cosplayers or gamers, the conversations are virtually always delightful and enlightening to some degree. I appreciate listening to everyone's opinions and trying to figure them out in the process. There were some interesting gamers there that I've actually never met and conversing with them during the wait was enjoyable.

There weren't that many people there. I'd say, not counting the group of about 7 that I brought, there were about 30 people there hoping to get a PS3. And get this, when midnight finally hit, they only had 4 units to give! People would've been pretty disappointed if they weren't having so much fun. I didn't think I was going to be able to get one tonight, so I didn't have my hopes up or anything. I'm not in a hurry to get a PS3 like I am for a Wii, anyway. I don't even know what decent PS3 launch titles there are! I took a look at what they had there, but only saw a bunch of sports games, unfortunately.

I guess there'll be way more Wii units available this Sunday. 20 to 30 is what they told everyone. That's 7 times more units than PS3! I was happy to hear that. I better get one. I might just have to get there super early just to play it safe.

So anyway, an acquaintance of mine got a unit and he brought it over and they're playing it right now. Huge. Looks like we're going to be pulling an all-nighter. He only has two games so far and none of them are really interesting enough to match the excitement of a new system. Just a basketball and football game. Lame, but still huge.

Does this mean I might be the furst VGC member to play the PS3? :p:

Posted by Ant

Probably! I drove by the local Bestbuy here at around 9 and saw at least 50 people, waiting for 12 PS3's. I thought about telling them, but decided not to be a d[COLOR="Lime"]i[/COLOR]ck. But seeing so many people made me wonder if I was going to get my Wii guaranteed like I thought I was, so I'll check again on Saturday night just to make sure, and if need be, then I'll wait in line.

Posted by Dexter

I'm going to call mid-Saturday and see what I have to do to get a Wii system. If they say to get over there and join the line, then I'll do it. It would be worth it to me and fun! I could bring my DS and a few friends and just chill for however long it takes, probably a good 5 hours, at least.

Posted by Ant

I'm not sure if my store is going to have a midnight opening or not. :(

Posted by Dexter

Ouch, that's terrible. It's more enjoyable to simply stay up until midnight like we all too often do and get it than waking up early enough to get in line for the opening. Actually, you'd probably have to stay there most of the night to catch them during their opening. Yeah, that would suck.

Posted by Fate

I was so excited while waiting in line. What a pretty system. <3

Posted by segashadow128gcn

my store is not going to do a midnight open. so i will be waiting there all night saturday for my wii. i really hope that not alot of people decide to wait over night.

for the ps3 at best buy, there was like 7 people 4 days early and i am sure they took all of them. but last night before launch there was like 50 people. standing there. not realizing how screwed they all are.

but i heard the best buy here in tulsa oklahoma is getting 52 wiis!

i need one. i have my momey right here waiting

Posted by Axis

How long did you guys wait for one? I waited about 40 hours, and only got a 20 GB. eBay is now calling my name...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Fate: I was so excited while waiting in line. What a pretty system. <3

I felt the fans excitement. Their energy made the experience worth while. And the system is surprisingly pretty. I didn't think the huge thing looked all that great until I held it in my paws and really scrutinized the details. I think I'll like the appearance of the Wii more. It just seems so cute and cuddly. We're starting to get our battle plan prepared for tomorrow. The Wii will be mine!

Posted by Axis

I don't think you're going to need a huge plan for the Wii. They're shipping like 8 million to the US.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, I just want to play it safe. It would be terrible if I was too careless and missed my opportunity. The store might be getting more, but if they were getting that many PS3 systems, they would have all sold easily. The crowd was big enough to take all the Wii systems if that was what was being released, so I have no doubt I'll have to get there early enough to make sure I'm certain to get one. It'll be fun though.