if you bought a playstation 3 please read this

Posted by pooper_scooper3

hi, i'm a fan of sony and tonight i drove around for hours for a store that had playstation 3s. now if you are going to buy a playstation 3 bring it home and play it fine, but if you are buying it bringing it home and using it as a greedy money grabbing scheme while true fans who want to experience and truely have a good time playing there shiny new console then i wish you the best with the rest of your life and then the rest of eternity in hell.

i know many people doing this are going to post and say "well its a good idea and you are just jealous because you didn't go out early enough and i slept outside to get this and earned it" well to that i say many fans are going to be behind someone like this in line and just miss there oppertunity to get the system they want.

i may seem like i'm ranting out of anger that i will not have a playstation 3 this month or maybe not the rest of the year. but i am actually ranting out of pure depression. depression caused by the fact that some jerk is going to be on e-bay friday night selling them for what i've heard around 1,2 or maybe even 3 thousand dollars. it just makes me sad that money will be the cause of true fans missing out on what might be a great next gen console and a new experience in the world of video games.

now to those of you who did buy it to play congratulations and i'm very jealous of you lucky bastards. enjoy your system.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Cry in hell, emofag. No one cares.

Posted by Dexter

It shouldn't take too long for a new shipment to come in. I'm sure you will be able to get one in a month's time. I might not end up being able to get one tonight, nor a Wii on Sunday, but I doubt the wait for more won't be too harsh. That would suck bad if I had to wait until 2007. I'd go overly-emo myself.

Quoted post: It shouldn't take too long for a new shipment to come in. I'm sure you will be able to get one in a month's time.

What's up, Xbox 360?

Posted by Dexter

You just scared me into participating in the line instead of participating with the actual gathering. Thanks. :(

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I kind of agree with him. Except the part where he's way overly-dramatic.

Posted by Screenname

Buy the Cheaper version of the PS3 AKA the X-box360

Posted by Fate

Maybe money isn't that important to me. I love video games, so selling a system feels kind of dirty and wrong. :(

Quoted post: Maybe money isn't that important to me. I love video games, so selling a system feels kind of dirty and wrong.

There's nothing dirty about it when you use part of that money to buy the system again.

What's up, Xbox 360?

Posted by Sean Fury

Last eB meeting I went to Chris (the manager) was talking about a guy from a shop on the Wildwood boardwalk that did that. He'd come in, buy a bunch of systems and then sell them for a higher price at his shop. The thing is, they don't care because it's business for them, but they do care, because real fans aren't getting the system when they should.

Genius plan to make money though, wish I had a spare 600 bucks to blow on it.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: There's nothing dirty about it when you use part of that money to buy the system again.

What's up, Xbox 360?

The thing is that a lot of these people won't buy it again. Making $1500 to buy a $400 360 doesn't amount to the same as making $1500 to buy a $600 PS3. I see it as a travesty.

I see it as all profit. Some people just don't want to buy the PS3, but everyone loves money.

Posted by Fate

I love money too, but I'm getting to the heart of the matter, just like the thread starter. While it doesn't make me depressed, I can feel the suckage that comes from someone who wants a PS3 that couldn't preorder it (because **** happens), but wants to get one as quickly as possible. The only way to get it now is through eBay at outrageous prices. As a gamer once put in a situation of not having money to purchase all systems, the drive to actually own the one you want most is disheartening when you can't get it.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Fate: I love money too, but I'm getting to the heart of the matter, just like the thread starter. While it doesn't make me depressed, I can feel the suckage that comes from someone who wants a PS3 that couldn't preorder it (because **** happens), but wants to get one as quickly as possible. The only way to get it now is through eBay at outrageous prices. As a gamer once put in a situation of not having money to purchase all systems, the drive to actually own the one you want most is disheartening when you can't get it.

I get what you and the OP meant, but here's what I don't get. You're mad because, let's say there's 10 PS3s and 15 people in line for it. Now, all 15 of them are going to buy a PS3, but person number 2 doesn't want to play the PS3, they're just going to sell it after they get home. Alright, now I see how they could be unfair to person 11, who if person 2 wasn't in the line, s/he would have gotten one, but even so, person 2 would be selling the PS3 to someone who would be playing it anyway, so it evens out even if it was unfair for someone else. Besides, people 12-15 probably wouldn't care about that since they would of been too late anyway, and would probably relish in the chance to buy a brand new PS3, even at a higher price.

Posted by Ant

Here's a thought! If Sony "cared" about the fans so much, they would have delayed it so more systems were available and this whole moronic state of events wouldn't have taken place. But hey guess what guyz? They wanted it out before Christmas so they could compete with Nintendo and Microsoft! For what reason? PERHAPS MONEY? Jesus Christ.

In short, if you want to blame anyone, blame Sony.

ninja'd

Posted by Fate

Um, Sony is a business. They're not obligated to care. The Blu-Ray default attachment is an obvious ploy to market the format. If they cared about people, they would've made it optional. But, seeing as how they are a company first, they are willing to take the losses of the PS3 just to advertise their shiny format. That's a given. It's also not related to what I was talking about.

Sony's in it for the money. So is a ton of other people. If you don't get your system, boo-hoo. Should've preorder earlier.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Fate: Um, Sony is a business. They're not obligated to care. The Blu-Ray default attachment is an obvious ploy to market the format. If they cared about people, they would've made it optional. But, seeing as how they are a company first, they are willing to take the losses of the PS3 just to advertise their shiny format. That's a given. It's also not related to what I was talking about.

Yes it is? What's different between a business making money and/or you and I? It's both the same end result, which is to make a profit.

Posted by Fate

The point of the thread, Ant, was that some people couldn't preorder but genuinely want to own the system. I don't care if you sell it on eBay, since that's not what we're talking about.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

yeah sorry about how emo and faggy i sounded at the beginning of this thread it was i had just gotten home from wal-mart where inside they told me they were getting six and outside there were 6 people all friends probably brought along to buy and sell for profit and by the look of many of the people in the line it looked like maybe 2 people would actually play it. it made me realise this was probably happening to sony fans all across north america see i'm in canada so we had even less than the U.S.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Fate: I love money too, but I'm getting to the heart of the matter, just like the thread starter. While it doesn't make me depressed, I can feel the suckage that comes from someone who wants a PS3 that couldn't preorder it (because **** happens), but wants to get one as quickly as possible. The only way to get it now is through eBay at outrageous prices. As a gamer once put in a situation of not having money to purchase all systems, the drive to actually own the one you want most is disheartening when you can't get it.
If someone wants it that bad, and has the "drive" to get it, they'd get there before everyone else and camp out for two days. :)

Plus, I hate to bring it up, but theres nothing that great at launch anyway. Waiting a few months isn't gonna kill anyone.

Quoted post: The point of the thread, Ant, was that some people couldn't preorder but genuinely want to own the system.

Sony's fault. They should have produced more.

Posted by Axis

I bought a PS3 and I'm going to sell it on eBay. :D