Christmas Embellishments!

Posted by Dexter

I suppose it is more common to wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas tree and lights, but we have company coming this next week and want to have the house decked out with Christmas embellishments by then.

We went through the garage and found three large boxes filled with Christmas lights and various other Christmas decorations. I'm about the dedicate the next couple hours to setting them up. It's going to be so much fun and it's going to look fantastic! If we have time, we might even go out looking for an excellent tree to chop down. There are many decently sized trees around where I live, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And around 7 we're going to join the PS3 party! Not sure if we'll be able to get one but it'll be fun, nevertheless. Tiffany's baking, like, 500 cookies for the occasion. Come midnight, I might have a PS3! Of course, I'm more excited about getting a Wii this coming Sunday! Now that's going to be fun! ^_^

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm going to invent a device that creates a holographic christmas tree (with decorations) at the push of a button. No dragging a tree in the house, no horrible smell, no cleaning up thousands of pine needles afterwards... it will make millions!

Posted by Dexter

I think that sounds like a failure, GameMiestro. I like the smell, I like the pine needles, etc.

Which brings me to a problem we just encountered. Rachael aka Thumbelina just found a fake tree in the garage. I didn't even know we had one of those out there. Half of us want to get a real tree and half wants to use the fake one. I enjoy the smell of the real Christmas tree. It makes it more nostalgic for me. I also enjoy watering the tree like my many plants, so that doesn't bother me, either. The needles are no big deal. In fact, I like needles gathered around the tree. Everything about the real tree delights me, so the girls will just have to suck it up and accept their failure!

Or maybe we could just put the fake tree somewhere else. I wouldn't mind having two trees up this year. Yes, that sounds like a fantastic plan, although I still think fake Christmas trees are lame.

Posted by Omni

There is just no substitute for a real Christmas tree. You have to go out and get one! Then let's see...we need the lights, the ornaments, the nativity scene for the yard, and egg nog! Oh, and money to pay for it all...LOL...

Posted by Dexter

My sisters used to do the whole nativity scene, but as of recent years, or whenever it was I started doing it myself, I have strayed from associating Christmas with religion/Christianity/Jesus' birth. We have all are old Christmas stuff in the garage, though, and I'm going to try and apply it all, somehow.

oh noes. Tiffany found a mistletoe! :amy:

Posted by Omni

Oh, and mistletoe can be fun...and deadly, depending on who it is used in conjunction with! I don't think you'll have any problems, though! [spoiler]You know what I mean![/spoiler]

Posted by Dexter

nah, it's very romantic around here. We're all friends. These girls are great, except when their dumb.

And they suck at untangling Christmas lights. I've had years of experience with the system controller wires, so it's no problem for me. Rissa's been at it for the last two hours! It's more perplexing for her than Goron's Shrine.

And I just got a call that the party for the opening for PS3 has already begin! Apparently, there are already about 20 people there! I wonder how many units they're getting in at midnight. I don't even know what launch titles the system is going to have.

Posted by Omni

I know, I was trying in vain to be funny. By the way, now I'm in the Christmas spirit, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet! It's all your fault! I mean...it's all thanks to you! That's the Christmas way!

Oh, and good lucking getting your games and stuff! Christmas! Yay!

Posted by Shade

We've never actually had a real Christmas tree put up. My parents like the hassle-free fake tree, and I don't really mind. Besides, I'm a creature of habit, and we started putting up a real tree, I just might go insane. :)

Posted by Dexter

Dumb girls! Rachael and I went just a little ways away from the house to look for a good tree and after a few minutes I start hearing all this noise back at the house. The girls are screaming, the dogs are barking, cats are jumping out the windows, and the alarm system is going insane! Tiffany burnt a huge batch of the cookies we were going to bring to the people waiting for their PS3 and smoke was everywhere! Rachael and I ran back as fast as we could to take care of the problem, but golly! Maybe a real tree is a bad idea.

And lol, we would make the best sitcom or Christmas movie.

Posted by Shade

Man, Dex. I wish my life were that exciting. :(

btw, these girls are your sisters, right?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: And lol, we would make the best sitcom or Christmas movie.

I'd watch that.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Shade32: btw, these girls are your sisters, right?

The two youngsters are my nieces, but the other three are roommates. That's quite the full house. They might as well be my 7 sisters. Living with them reminds me of my younger days when I lived with all my sisters.

And I guess we'll be having another female join the team soon. They call her Reds. I only met her a few times during paintball tournaments. I've never seen such a sharp-shooter. If she wasn't on my team, I would've been scared. She's quite the tomboy, which is good. All these giggly girly girls can be overwhelming at times. :amy:

Posted by Omni

See, after a few seasons of your sitcom, you could cash in a lucrative and hilrious Christmas movie.

Posted by Lord of Spam

A Wii, a 360, and a ps3? Are you ****ing rich?

Posted by Dexter

No, I just work! I probably don't even spend over 1,000 dollars on my gaming lifestyle a year, except for this year, because it is such a huge, important year in gaming history! I made nearly 1,000 dollars within a single month installing a sprinkler system. When I think of it that way, one month of work to enjoy an entire year of great gaming, it seems well worth it. As long as I keep up paying my bills, especially the school bill, as well as get my vacations in, and my family is doing good, then I feel relaxed putting money towards my own spoiled activities. My cosplay activities costs me way more than my gaming activities.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/reds.jpg[/IMG]

Look how she smirks in the face of danger in her little cute skirt! She knows she has amazing dodging abilities that would probably put my own dexterity to tremendous shame. Her addition to the sitcom will surely be an interesting one. I wonder if she'd be any good at Call of Duty online. Lordy Vamp knows I could use a decent partner.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: A Wii, a 360, and a ps3? Are you ****ing rich?

Are you ****ing poor? Get a better job.

Posted by Shade

Maybe he's too young to be hired in most places. *AHEM*

EDIT: oh wai it's LoS lol

Dex, you should actually pitch your situation to a TV studio. Cash in on the harem deal.

Posted by junior senior

last year I got my christmas tree 5 days before christmas day

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Shade32: Dex, you should actually pitch your situation to a TV studio. Cash in on the harem deal.

I couldn't have someone else writing about my life. They'd attempt to make it more realistic and shoddy, which destroys the true beauty of it. They'd probably change the story to show that Tiffany can actually bake better than me, or that they sew more often than I do, which wrecks it all. It's funny and different because I'm better at all these girly things than they are, even when they are powered by numbers. I'm the one turning on the Clay Aiken Christmas CD while all they want to do is listen to Chevelle. I'm the one who wants to join the PS3 party not in order to get a PS3, but moreso to bring delicious snacks and care for all the gamers that are waiting. I want to bring the cookies, they want to bring the cash and get the toys. Hollywood would never go for this. It's too unbelievable. Unless I wrote it myself, it couldn't be done properly.

But then there's the episode about the mystery behind why Dexter doesn't want Christmas to be associated with Jesus and while the girls try to discover the truth, it only brings Dexter to learn about it himself. Don't miss this remarkable holiday-special episode about creating a bond that can't ever be broken!

Posted by Thumbelina

I think the funniest episode is the one where Dexter discovers the difference between a period fart and a normal fart. Junior could be a special guest in that episode.

Posted by Omni

Maybe. Or maybe he should just go right to the movie.

Posted by Thumbelina

Shut the **** up, dick. Look at my join date, newb. Do not judge by post number. Queen has always made people stupid. Just look at Wyane or Garth

Posted by Omni

It was a joke, and I changed it before you even finished responding.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Dexter:
But then there's the episode about the mystery behind why Dexter doesn't want Christmas to be associated with Jesus and while the girls try to discover the truth, it only brings Dexter to learn about it himself. Don't miss this remarkable holiday-special episode about creating a bond that can't ever be broken!

You should totally do that, and the host it on YouTube. I promise to favorite it! :D

Posted by Linko_16

I love Christmas. I really love Christmas. But just like my workplace, Dexter... it is way too **** early.

Posted by Dexter

Not really. There are many people around here with their lights up already. Also, like I said, we had some company coming and wanted them up by the time they got here. With all the excitement with new systems and spending time with the company, who knows when we'll have the opportunity to do it. It was a great time, at least for us. We still have lots to do, but what we've already done looks fantastic. I remember when I was younger my sister left Christmas lights up in her room all year!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: There are many people around here with their lights up already.

Doesn't necessarily mean it still isn't way too early.

Posted by Dexter

Or way, fashionably on time.

I put up my lights last week *shrugs*

Posted by Dexter

Waiting until after Thanksgiving is too traditional for me. We must remember, it's important to be mindful of tradition, but we cannot allow our ties to the past prevent us from soaring into the future! Vampy and I like to be ahead of the game.

btw, Vampy, we're going through Gears of War right now. Totally gritty.

It's not tradition for me, what with Thanksgiving being a month ago for me. It's just the only weekend that was nice and I had nothing planned.

Quoted post: btw, Vampy, we're going through Gears of War right now. Totally gritty.

Get a mic. Me and you are going to do co-op.

Posted by Dexter

I actually picked up a mic the other day during the PS3 Launch, which is when I also picked up Gears of War. This is my first time going through it. Fun stuff. Rachael was terrified at the Berserker. That was hilarious. We're going through that house right now where we have to stay in the light or the monster vats will get us. How far would you say that is? We want to defeat it tonight!

Yeah, putting up the lights and tree that 'early' wasn't something we planned. It was just a good day and the idea sparked everyone's interest. Sometimes making it spontaneous is better than planning it.

Quoted post: We're going through that house right now where we have to stay in the light or the monster vats will get us. How far would you say that is? We want to defeat it tonight!

Act III... so halfway.

Posted by Raptor

Christmas is yet another excuse humans use to destroy nature in the name of tradition. Chopping down trees for the purpose of shipping them to retail outlets for people to purchase them and place them in their homes to watch them slowly wither and die. And let's not forget about contributing to the world's energy crisis by stringing vast amounts of unnecessary lighting around our homes and keeping it on for hours. This in addition to the materialistic greed and superficial charade of holiday cheer people try their ****edest to feign but end up being barely able to conceal their horrible deep depression. Don't even get me started on what's for dinner. Jesus on a stick, no wonder suicide rates increase in many places this time of year.

Have I mentioned how much I love egg nog?

Posted by Ant

BOL! It's posts like this that make me wonder why you yourself haven't committed suicide yet after having so much hatred for the humanoids. Ugh, mindboggling sometimes.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Raptor: Christmas is yet another excuse humans use to destroy nature in the name of tradition. Chopping down trees for the purpose of shipping them to retail outlets for people to purchase them and place them in their homes to watch them slowly wither and die.

Yeah, I'm sure Christmas is the number one contributor to deforestization.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Thumbelina: I think the funniest episode is the one where Dexter discovers the difference between a period fart and a normal fart. Junior could be a special guest in that episode.

who the **** are you?

I don't know why, but I've been playing Pokemon every year around this time. And to mark it off, I'm playing it now. I guess it's from always getting video games for Christmas and playing them 24/7. I remember Thanksgiving 2001 my cousin and I were comparing the XBOX to GameCube the entire day, ah, memories.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Ant: BOL! It's posts like this that make me wonder why you yourself haven't committed suicide yet after having so much hatred for the humanoids. Ugh, mindboggling sometimes.

I don't believe in suicide. Not for myself, anyways.

Spoilers: No one cares about trees. They're ****ing trees.

Wait, wait, wait. I thought you liked christmas? Or at least the lighting aspect.

Posted by Raptor

Read my post again. Tell me you actually believe that was all meant in earnest. It should have been made abundantly clear by now that I'm bull****ting half the time just like everyone else.

I do care about trees, though, and I am an avid fan of wood.

I just skimmed through it :(

Quoted post: I do care about trees, though, and I am an avid fan of wood.

hawt

Posted by Killer Jordo

Tree was just put up on friday. I'm going to wrap the first gift later this week :D

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, we got Christmas but with no gifts.
Been like this for about the past 5 years.
I've gotten use to it.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Raptor: Read my post again. Tell me you actually believe that was all meant in earnest. It should have been made abundantly clear by now that I'm bull****ting half the time just like everyone else.

I do care about trees, though, and I am an avid fan of wood.

zomg rtapor ur sooo stupid how cud u bee so fury and luv trees and stuf al teh time ur a fawg goe bakc 2 slash bee!!!

This thread makes me want some Kona coffee... next time you send some to Ian, let me know so I can rob his house.