Getting rid of mice

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

There's a mouse living in my house. I don't know if there's more than one, but I sure as anything know that I don't want there to be a family of them living in my sofa. Of course, though, I don't want to lay traditional traps because I'm compassionate like that.

Does anyone know of the best kind of humane traps to recommend that will enable me to get this little guy out into a field somewhere before he starts spewing out offspring?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Wings: before he starts spewing out offspring?

I'm not trying to start anything, but I just learned that male mice give birth. I also don't know anything that can help you, man.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Uh oh. There is always more than one. I have mice problems also, because I live on an orchard.

You've probably got a whole nest of them in your walls. You have to be brutal with mice, unless you'd rather live with them.

Posted by WackoHater2

You could use sticky traps. They usually work for my mom. I always lay traditional traps, because I love seeing that bastards eyes popped out and his neck broken after he is rummaging about my house.

Yeah, I want to nip it in the bud as quickly as possible. I've seen plastic traps that trap the mouse due to his own weight - how would these compare to sticky traps?

Posted by WackoHater2

I've never seen the traps you're speaking of. The sticky ones are pretty effective though. I have only once had it not work. Finally, I put some mozzarella cheese on the floor and sat there with a shoe. When he came out for a snack, BANG! I was scraping him off the floor. The sticky traps are good though. He is still alive when he is on the trap. If you have a lot of stray cats around, put the trap outside. One will come along and eat the mouse off.

That's the most unethical thing ever.

Posted by WackoHater2

It works though.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The glue traps work fine. Though, if you're worried about it dying, there is a 50% chance they'll get their mouths stuck in the glue (along with their little noses) and suffocate, and thus suffering.

If you want them to die quick and no pain or suffering, there are these poison food traps that work really well. They get rid of entire nests pretty quick.

If you want the cycle of life to take hold, get a dog, cat, and put a snake in your walls.

Other than that, I've never seen anything else work. And if you find a way to get rid of them without killing them, let me know and I'll test it sometime.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Buy a cat. Bam.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Wings: spewing out offspring?

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: male mice give birth. I don't know anything that can help you, man.

[QUOTE=Panic]You could use sticky traps. They usually work for my mom.

This is one of the best threads I've seen in years, if only for these quotes.

Posted by higbvuyb

Use a grenade.

Or, you could get those 'trap' boxes which have a one way door, meaning you can humanely 'dispose' of them, by releasing them later in:
A: A friend's house
B: A forest/other wilderness far away
C: Into a cat's cage
D: Your pants

Posted by Speedfreak

I highly suggest practising your golf swing.

Posted by Stalolin

Craft yourself one of these. It's like a murderous warning to the other mice.

http://www.instructables.com/id/E7Y1MAP6SOET2JXPD2/?ALLSTEPS

It also keeps house guests away.

Quoting higbvuyb: those 'trap' boxes which have a one way door

See, that's what I'm after. I'll pick some up today.

Posted by Pit

ugh wow people give ****ty advice. Over here due to contruction and the ****ing food place downstairs getting renovation, when we got mice, we got assloads of them.

Anyways, for starters, make sure you don't have any food crumbs or traces or food lying around. So clean the back of appliances like toasters, microvaes, check behind the fridge, and even cupboards for food. A clean wipe down should be enough.

Now, to help isolate them into one area, use an ultrasound pest repellent. Should work, and keep mice out of certain rooms, meaning you don't have to go crazy putting traps everywhere. If you don't want to put poison traps, put sticky traps out, though it's best to use the poison as it gets rid of the nests completely. If you wanna use a sticky trap, go ahead, but some do escape, and as someone said, they could suffocate, but a little vinegar should set them free in your neighbors house in no time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Listen to Pit. I live right near the woods, so we get mice from time to time. We basically did what he described and it worked quite well.

or a cat is fine too.

Posted by mis0

Uh, frag and clear on zulu, Wings.

Posted by The Judge

Maybe if you didn't live in such a sh[COLOR="black"]i[/COLOR]t hole you wouldn't have a mouse problem.

Maybe you should shut up and send me that game your promised.

Miso: no. **** Tom Clancy.