Favorite Film

Posted by Bebop

Whats your favorite film or films?

Min'es Memento by Nolan. Well acted, cleverly written and beautifully directed. If you haven't seen this film you're missing out big time.

Posted by Crazy K

My favorite of all time would have to be Shaun of the Dead, it just stuck to me quite easily.

Others would be:

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War - By far one of the best films I have ever seen. It was the first film in a long time that I really enjoyed. If you have yet to see this, please do so. It's a work of art in many ways.

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest - Possibly one of Jack Nicholson's best films. I remember watching the film to about two in the morning and enjoying the brilliance of it every minute.

First Blood - By far one of my favorite films. I could never say this was Sylvester Stallone's best film, but it is pretty close in my opinion.

The Shining - It is still to this day my favorite horror flick.

And an addition to my favorites would have to be The Departed. After seeing this film I truly got more respect for the movie business. The movie to me was brilliant and captivating.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have a lot of them, no specific reasons.

Napoleon Dynamite
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
The Hills Have Eyes

Just to name a few.

Posted by Arcadios

Off the top of my head:
Click
Scarface
The Devil's Advocate
Minority Report
Carlito's Way
Good Fellas

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

1) Predator

2) Aliens

3) Oldboy

Posted by Outlaw

Scarface (1983)

Posted by Zeta

Spaceballs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the Hotshots and Naked Gun films.

:cookie:

Posted by Raptor

The Big Lebowski. I regularly throw out quotes from that film like a vending machine dispenses condoms in a bowling alley men's room. When I think about it, there is a piece of dialogue from that movie I can apply to just about every conceivable life situation.

Posted by Slade

Requiem for a Dream is my favorite movie. Everything about it- the acting, setting, music, and overall style is both cool and haunting.

Memento is an excellent movie, but I never really got a chance to sit down and enjoy it all. The scene in Traffic where the kidnapped guy gets hit by a Greyhound bus is one of my favorite 30 seconds out of any film ever. I have the most grossly over-hyped memories of watching Waterworld when I was younger, so as far as I'm concerned it's easily in the top five best movies ever. I've been trying to get it on DVD for almost a year, now...

V for Vendetta gets an honorable mention for being supremely entertaining.

Posted by Dexter

Magnolia. No film has stirred me up so much. Superb acting from an excellent cast, wonderful musical score and soundtrack, and such intriguing drama. The characters' emotional difficulties as a result of their life's is done exceptionally well. I'd like to see more films like it. Boogie Nights is easily the closest film to it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Requiem for a Dream is my favorite movie. Everything about it- the acting, setting, music, and overall style is both cool and haunting.

*** TO ***

Posted by christinadeenadee

I love Interstate 60 and Emperors’ New Groove. When I was little, I really liked The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Right now I'm watching Dead Poets Society which is also pretty good.

Posted by maian

[list]
[*]The Return of the King
[*]The Lion King
[*]Rent
[/list]

There's more I can't think of.

Posted by Sean Fury

Hrmmm...Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Ichi the Killer, Advent Children, and that's all I can think of right now.

Posted by Arwon

The Royal Tenenbaums is a clear favourite. I can watch it over and over again. If someone doesn't like this movie, that speaks very poorly of them to me and I'm not likely to respect their tastes in anything very much. It's an absolutly gorgeous, moving movie despite the bizzare eccentrics that make up the cast. Visually and musically it's a feast and of course it's hilarious. I know people who love it and don't find it funny at all, and people who love it and find it hilarious as a comedy, such is its range. Wes Anderson is a genius.

I Heart Huckabees, Magnolia, Reservoir Dogs, High Fidelity, Rushmore and Amelie collectively take second place, they're hard to split. these are the movies I've seen several times and they still hold up admirably.

There's also a handful of movies I've really, really, liked but can't declare them favourites because I've only seen them once, so I dunno how they hold up. Foremost among these are Thankyou for Smoking and Children of Men.

But yeah mostly it's all about the Royal Tenenbaums.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Slade: Requiem for a Dream is my favorite movie. for being supremely entertaining.

I havent seen Requim yet but Ive seen the film before that. Pi. The success of it enabled Aronofsky to secure the green light for requim. I highly recommend it. Pi is excellent.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, my list goes as such:
[LIST]
[*]American Psycho :cool:
[*]The Big Lebowski :D
[*]Magnolia
[*]American Beauty ;)
[*]Natural Born Killers
[*]HEAT
[*]The Dear Hunter
[*]Basketball Diaries
[*]Fargo
[*]Rocky III
[*]Lost in Translation
[*]The Royal Tenenbaums
[*]High Fidelity :)
[*]Full Metal Jacket
[*]Requiem for a Dream
[*]Donnie Darko
[*]V for Vendetta
[*]The Prestige
[*]What's Eating Gilbert Grape
[*]The Goonies :cool:
[*]Office Space :cool:
[*]Boondock Saints
[*]Blade Runner
[*]The Army of Darkness:p:[/LIST]

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop]I havent seen Requim yet but Ive seen the film before that. Pi. The success of it enabled Aronofsky to secure the green light for requim. I highly recommend it. Pi is excellent.

Yeah, Pi is a very interesting piece. I've only been able to watch it a couple times, on account that I lost my copy. But I'd recommend that movie to anyone, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

[quote=Dexter]Magnolia. No film has stirred me up so much. Superb acting from an excellent cast, wonderful musical score and soundtrack, and such intriguing drama. The characters' emotional difficulties as a result of their life's is done exceptionally well. I'd like to see more films like it. Boogie Nights is easily the closest film to it.

Can we be friends, now?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter]Magnolia. No film has stirred me up so much. Superb acting from an excellent cast, wonderful musical score and soundtrack, and such intriguing drama. The characters' emotional difficulties as a result of their life's is done exceptionally well. I'd like to see more films like it. Boogie Nights is easily the closest film to it.

Can we be friends, now?

Posted by Arcadios

Hunchback of Notre Dame
=')