question?

Posted by segashadow128gcn

whats with the reputation. what does it mean when its something/something. like

15/256 for example?

Posted by Omni

Okay, it's like this. You have a repuation of 3/56.

[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/buttons/reputation.gif[/IMG]

See that picture under my avatar and other stuff?

If you click it, you can either approve or disapprove my comments in this post, and since you have 3 reputation power, it will either add or subtract 3 points off my reputation point total. You have 56 reputation points. Of course, this can be used on anyone who has reputation who posts.

It's basically a way to keep track of post quality and how much people like what you have to say. Generally, if you say something completely stupid, which I do quite often, people will target you for negative reputation, but if you make good quality posts, people will add to your reputation.

Now, I think Vampiro has more reputation than anyone else. At the time of this posting, he has 60/11302. That's a lot. He also has the most posts out of everyone right now. Does that help you?

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: If you click it, you can either approve or disapprove my comments in this post, and since you have 3 reputation power, it will either subtract or minus 3 points off my reputation point total. You have 56 reputation points. Of course, this can be used on anyone who has reputation who posts.

Don't you mean add or subtract? ;) but yeah, that's the gist of it.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

ohh ok. i have been busy for a bit, but thanks for the explanation. i get it now

good day

Posted by G-Sides

Actually, negative rep only dereps a user by half of your rep power. If I had 12 rep and derep'd someone, it would only take away 6. :s

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Or 30 in my case. LOL

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]8 here :/[/COLOR]

Posted by Kit

Rep power increases after every 1000 posts, year of being a member and 250 rep.

I can't remember, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted by WackoHater2

That's correct. My next rep power will come at 2250 rep points, 3,000 posts, or June 2007, whichever comes first.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Rep power increases after every 1000 posts, year of being a member and 250 rep.

Is it just me or would it seem more appropriate if the 1000 and 250 were switched around? >_>

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Definitely.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]With the amount of posts you make everyday vampo, it wouldn't change a thing for you ;)[/COLOR]