What Instrument(s) do you play?

Posted by Vasioth

Well I looked around and didn't seem to find a topic for it, and it is counted as Music (Obviously), so what instrument do you play?

I play the Electric Guitar, Accoustic Guitar and the Double Bass now and again...

Posted by Phantasma2

Drums. Love them. I practice from 30mins to 1 hour a day.

Posted by Dexter

I used to play drums actively. I can still play, of course, but I rarely do. I was thinking sbout getting a new set yesterday. I'll probably do that sometime in 2007, likely when I get a new place.

I've also been learning the piano rather well lately. Tiffany, a roommate of mine, is excellent at playing piano and she's already showed me a few tricks. I can read music really well now and I'm just getting used to the Circle of Fifths. I like playing the "Clocks" riff by Coldplay or "Hoppípolla" by Sigur Ros. Wonderful piano songs.

Posted by Kit

I haven't played an Instrument in ages. I know how to play Keyboard/Piano, Trumpet and Tenor Horn, though.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Lol I play some rythms on a tam-tam and I use to play the Tuba in my school harmony -_-

Nothing too impressice:([/COLOR]

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't play anything at the moment. I tried to teach myself to play guitar sometime during the summer. I gave up on it. I'd really love to learn drums.

Posted by Omni

I'm learning to play bass guitar. I'm not very good at all, yet.

Posted by Philsdad

I play piano/keyboards a little bit, but not that well. Just for fun.

I got a violin last weekend, and am currently looking for a teacher. It's going to be a lot of fun to learn the violin I think.. I want to get as good as I possibly can, so that I can finally start a gypsy metal/bluegrass metal band in a few years.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Quoting Panic: I'd really love to learn drums.

Take lessons (or you could teach yourself I suppose, but you might have a hard time starting off).

Trust me, it's worth the money: hours of fun + good exercise = :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Guitar, keys, bass guitar, stand-up bass, violin.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Guitar. In need of a new one.

Posted by Sean Fury

Electric Guitar. I've been playing for nearly two years now I would figure...maybe only a year and a half though.

Posted by Pit

Like Vamp, guitar and keys, bastard also took my lin' idea, faggot.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Bass and Drums.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I play many instruments, including Mandolin, Piano, Drums, Bass, Trumpet and a few others, but my specialty and the one with which I am most proficient is the guitar, both electric and accoustic.

Posted by Hyper

Electric and acoustic guitar are my main instruments. I'm also decent at playing my ukelele and a bit at my harmonica. Can't say I know how to use my didgeridoo, however. :(. I plan on learning piano/keys as soon as I get my Yamaha DGX-505. I all ready know some stuff, though, so it won't be too hard to pick up.

Quoted post: Like Vamp, guitar and keys, bastard also took my lin' idea, faggot.

we should jam together on our violins someday.

Posted by Slade

Right now I play guitar(almost exclusively electric) and tenor saxaphone. I play the sax in jazz band at my school, but I might drop that instrument all together unless I find something I can do with it that I really enjoy. I play guitar in a praise team at my church, but my heart isn't in it. Instead I'm into putting together a folk metal-ish set to play at a talent show or something. Problem is, all my friends are more into country, and in my opinion they just don't get it with metal. I hope to find a group who I can really play what I enjoy with.

Over the next couple years I'll be taking some music theory classes, and maybe some guitar or piano lessons.

In the future I'd like to learn to play the piano, violin, and harp.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: Problem is, all my friends are more into country, and in my opinion they just don't get it with metal. I hope to find a group who I can really play what I enjoy with.

You could always make a country metal band!

Posted by G-Sides

guitar & bass.
i'm a terrible drummer.

Posted by Omni

Oh, well. It's better than nothing.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

straight up bass guitar. i also play some electric guitar but i have no talent at it

Posted by Ch

I've been playing Violin since I was 6 and I've been playing guitar for a good 5 and a half years now. I currently play Viola and I've been classically trained on Double Bass and Cello too. My schools forced me to know all these ochestral stringed instruments so that they can interchange me when they're short players. I'm best and most interested in guitar though. I plan on getting into Berklee this winter, son.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Yo toco el guitarra. I play guitar. I gotta practice spanish somehow.

Posted by Slade

@Chepito: Jealousy. I can't start music theory classes until next year, and I probably won't have time for lessons for a long time, so until then I just have to learn what I can on my own. I imagine I will be mostly self-taught. Gah, I wish instead of saxaphone I had learned a classical instrument in school.

Oh well. I've got, what, sixty years ahead of me?

Quoted post: Gah, I wish instead of saxaphone I had learned a classical instrument in school.

The ladies swoon for sax.

Posted by Delilah

Accoustic guitar- not for any reason, though. Whenever I hear a song I like, I learn how to play it. Later on, though, I might try electric.

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

What all instruments do you guys play ?

Posted by Pit

Electric/Acoustic Guitar, Piano/Keyboard, getting a harmonica.

Quoting Pit: Electric/Acoustic Guitar, Piano/Keyboard, getting a harmonica.

Harmonica eh.
for some reason it seems like it would be harder to paly than it looks.

I play guitar, bass guitar, drums, piano/keyboard/synth, and I hope to someday lear violin

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=19004&highlight=instruments

I've been playing piano for fifteen years. I also play the saxophone. I was teaching myself electric guitar in my spare time, but that runs out fairly quickly. I'd really love to get a violin, french horn and oboe.

ehh ****
I guess I should have searched harder to see if their was already a thread for the subjet.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Electric Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano/Keyboards, and I want to learn how to play the drums.

Posted by Shade

Violin. Been playing for a little more than 5 years.

Quoting Shade32: Violin. Been playing for a little more than 5 years.

!!!!
I want to play voilinnnn !

Then do it. It's not that difficult and really helps with doing more advanced things on the guitar.

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Electric Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano/Keyboards, and I want to learn how to play the drums.

Electric Bass huh? Sounds the same as a normal Bass Guitar that has been put through an amplifer...

I now play; Accoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Drums and hermonica...

Yeah, music pretty much is becoming my life now. I would love to try a saxophone though... so many good songs are played by it. So many bad one's also, but mostly good...

And Chep, did you get private lessons for the Violin?

Posted by Ch

Quoting Vasioth: And Chep, did you get private lessons for the Violin?

A good 7 years worth. Then I did my own thing for a while and I started taking private lessons for viola, bass, and cello for like 2 years

So much money gone to some angry Russian lady with bad breath. Same teacher for 9 years.

But... If you're impatient you won't like it. I'm really not a fan of classical music and that's all I was taught until I started learning bluesy improv from a dried up man two towns over.

Posted by NikkoFreako

I've been playing electric guitar for about a year and a half now. I'm okay at.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Keyboard, drums, and guitar. I'm my own power trio.

I've been playing piano since I was 6, and started composing when I was 9, and actually got good at composing when I was 15. I've written arrangments for orchestra, big bands, and rock trios, and have only had 4 of my peices actually played for an audience. I'm currently in two bands, where I play lead synth and piano. I've made 40 dollars for all my musical endeavors, and have probably lost 4000 dollars on equipment alone...so yeah, not that great.

Posted by Shade

Been playing my Mandolin for about two months now. Yes!

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Guitar, though I rarely ever play anymore. I play a lot of Guitar Hero though, which has strengthened my fingers massively, and oddly enough, I picked up my brother in law's guitar after at least a year since playing, and I played better than I used to. Either I sucked before or I kick *** at Guitar Hero.

Posted by NeXidala

I play Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, and Guitar.