NES Queen is the definition of awesome

Posted by Perdition

First things first:

This is Klarth
This is not a comeback
This is me raping the word "awesome" for comedic purposes.

I am making this thread to congratulate NES Queen on being incredibly cool. I was *****ing about how much I hated birthdays and she actually pulled through and out of nothing but generosity offered to mail me some stuff. Well, after having spent I don't know how long in the UK postal service's deadzone, her package arrived today.

Contents: A potato gun, some sweets in the shape of various body parts, a small flexible red devil smilie face thing, a stupidly large number of small glow-in-the-dark skeletons, a namebadge sticker, a plastic army man with a parachute and a load of small, odd, spherical objects which I was instructed to give to Jared. He's now busy throwing a hard rubber ball against the ceiling.

Perhaps however the best thing in the box was an artbook called "I Am 8-Bit". 154 glossy, full colour pages of very weird art inspired by video games of the 80s - I'll see if I can scan some of the stuff (or find it online) for you guys.

So, in short, NES QUEEN IS THE ****. Peace forever; Jar and I might be putting something together soon. You rock too ****ing hard for your own good.

And, yeah, I'm not back; I'm just here to make this thread. I MEAN I'M CRAWLING BACK OH **** OH *** OH WOW

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, Perdition, I didn't have time to read your entire post, but welcome to VGC. I hope you have a good time here!!

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Perdition]I'll see if I can scan some of the stuff (or find it online) for you guys.

You realize that if you did that you'd only end up coming back.

And plus it looks like there's a small gallery online.

http://www.iam8bit.net/gallery/gallery.htm

I personally like this one,
http://www.iam8bit.net/gallery/14.htm

Posted by Xero

Quoting Perdition]
This is not a comeback (beginning of the post)

And, yeah, I'm not back:

[QUOTE=Fei-on Castor]Well, Perdition, I didn't have time to read your entire post, but welcome to VGC. I hope you have a good time here!!

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]XD[/COLOR]

Posted by Slade

Quoting Stalolin: You realize that if you did that you'd only end up coming back.

I think that his posting of scans would actually constitute as "coming back." You have to draw the line somewhere.

What brought you to post about this random good thing that happened to you here, I wonder. Idk, maybe you just really wanted us to know that NES Queen is awesome.

Yep, she is.

Posted by Ant

She sent me something on my birthday too. I sadly wasn't as grateful as you are, a bad trait of mine. But still, I still remember it to this day as a very kind gesture, and she is indeed very nice. Dr. Kyle.

Posted by mis0

Wow, The Queen is quite considerate.

Posted by Dexter

She sent me some wonderful things, too. I love that Bubble Bobble shirt.

I think we should all do something special for her.

Posted by Jesse Smith

As they always say, they all come back!!! :wacko:

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, Klarth, couldn't you see that IT'S A TRAP!

Posted by Echo

That's pretty sweet. The most I've done for someone's birthday here is mail both The Judge and Ant a card. I don't remember what it said, but it was probably very thoughtful and they are *******s for not sending me anything for my birthday even though they don't know my address.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

One of the best gifts I've ever gotten to date came from Derick/Judge in the form of AvP posters. That's way cooler than anything else listed in this thread.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Echo: That's pretty sweet. The most I've done for someone's birthday here is mail both The Judge and Ant a card. I don't remember what it said, but it was probably very thoughtful and they are *******s for not sending me anything for my birthday even though they don't know my address.

It was of some strong muscle man. and it was really really gay. Don't worry, I still have it :D

Posted by Linko_16

Aesthetic and I mailed eachother things for Christmas once. She gave up her Super Mario RPG for me (which she never liked in the first place, so it worked out), and since she insisted I didn't spend money or anything, I drew her a fan picture for the comic in introduced her to years ago, Sinfest.

It's pretty *****in' to get stuff for your birthday, though, knowing someone thought of you long enough to do something nice. I get excited just over PM's.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I got a present from Cronoan last year for my birthday. She sent me Stephen Lynch's "Little Bit Special" CD. It was the first birthday gift I got since I was 12.

Posted by s0ul

****. I wish I had friends!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Just send me an address. You too, Phil.

Posted by NES Queen

I'm glad it finally got there. Only took like a month, geebus!

[quote=Anty Panty]She sent me something on my birthday too. I sadly wasn't as grateful as you are, a bad trait of mine. But still, I still remember it to this day as a very kind gesture, and she is indeed very nice. Dr. Kyle.
yeah, you ungrateful bastard.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'd b*tch about wanting gifts from VGC members, but then I'd have to give out my address. And I'm not comfortable with that. I mean, what if The Judge came to my house? I'd probably get kicked out and maybe even arrested for bringing a guy like that into this ridiculous cowboy town.

Plus, as a Judge, he's likely to be quite vindictive. And I'm not comfortable with that, either.

Posted by Axis

Are you still in South America?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'll mail stuff to people who mail me stuff

I can mail you half-drained batteries, three stale cookies, and a broken keyboard right now. What will you give me in return?

Posted by NES Queen

If they're AA, I'll take the batteries off your hands and give them a nice new home ;)

If anyone wants to feel special with a surprise package of their own, just PM me your address. The coolness factor of your present will depend upon how much I like/know you, naturally.

Posted by Linko_16

'Course, now you're probably going to get bombarded with gifts next time your birthday rolls around, depending on how freely you shares your address.

Oh yeah, and corrupt sent me a **** ton of CDs. That was pretty awesome. Not for my birthday, but still.

Posted by G-Sides

I FEEL SO SEPARATED FROM OUR E-COMMUNITY :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul]****. I wish I had friends!
I still have that hilarious postcard from 2 years ago to send you!

[quote=NES Queen]If they're AA, I'll take the batteries off your hands and give them a nice new home ;)

If anyone wants to feel special with a surprise package of their own, just PM me your address. The coolness factor of your present will depend upon how much I like/know you, naturally.

I'm expecting a lump of coal and a dried up lemon.

Quoted post: I'm expecting a lump of coal and a dried up lemon.

HOW FITTING OF YOUR PERSONALITY LOL

nah j/k lmao

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Speedfreak: I'm expecting a lump of coal and a dried up lemon.

More like some of the more interesting wastes from the biohazard bin.

and, half drained AA batteries? what could you possible use those for, apart from wrapping them in aluminium foil and slipping them into people's pockets without them noticing?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting NES Queen: If anyone wants to feel special with a surprise package of their own, just PM me your address. The coolness factor of your present will depend upon how much I like/know you, naturally.

I'm going to have to send you some good surprises first. You'll have to forgive me for not doing so before. I know I have your address on the box you sent me still, I just have to find that box. I know I didn't toss it away because the Bubble Bobble characters were just too cute! ^_^

Quoted post: and, half drained AA batteries? what could you possible use those for

a girl can find a good use for such things.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Dexter: I'm going to have to send you some good surprises first. You'll have to forgive me for not doing so before. I know I have your address on the box you sent me still, I just have to find that box. I know I didn't toss it away because the Bubble Bobble characters were just too cute! ^_^

That would probably be my parents address though, since I was living at home at that time. I can send you my apartment address if you like.

[quote]a girl can find a good use for such things.
indeed we can...

Posted by Dexter

Definitely PM me your address. I'm certain to get around to sending you something sooner or later. Hopefully the sooner. It'll be fun.