My Friend knows nothing, please help!

Posted by I feel Yellow?

My friend seems to think that because he is on AOL as an ISP, none can find his IP address apart from the people from AOL, when i told him FBI CIA ect, could he called me a liar and wouldn't agree with me , i would yell at him but he is twice my size. I know im right but i mite seem to be loosing my sanity?

btw, his email is [email]joshvolzjackson@hotmail.com[/email] if you want to battle it out with him over MSN

Posted by Nizmo

Your friend is very wrong.

If he was to visit a few sites, like this, they would display his I.P. And I'm pretty sure vBulletin isn't an AOL company. Sites like [url]www.whatismyip.com[/url] cold also do the same, and they also don't have any kind of partnership with AOL.

Posted by sabre

I think he's right. On AOL, you share an IP with severalthousand people on the same server. So, you're pretty much using a fake IP address.

Posted by Nizmo

Quoting Sabredog]Hey Jenningsface; you're an idiot!

Posted by towelie

jennings u r such a penis, Thank you those who stood up for me, because u r indeed right, all aol members share the same ip adress,and so all any 1 can find i the 1 aol adress. as for the guy who rekons he can get my personal ip.. go on.
Any one who want to e-mail the gimp, who origionally posted, he is at [email]fribble@hotmail.co.uk[/email].
And jus for the record, he is not my friend

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Quoting I feel Yellow?: My friend seems to think that because he is on AOL as an ISP, none can find his IP address apart from the people from AOL, when i told him FBI CIA ect, could he called me a liar and wouldn't agree with me , i would yell at him but he is twice my size. I know im right but i mite seem to be loosing my sanity?

btw, his email is [email]joshvolzjackson@hotmail.com[/email] if you want to battle it out with him over MSN

He's right. His real IP is hidden behind AOL's proxies.

Posted by Osic

Just because your hidden behind a proxy (like my ISP does with me) doesnt mean people cant find out your IP. sites like [URL]http://www.whatismyip.com[/URL] show you your ISP IP but other sites can tell you your real IP [URL=http://checkip.dyndns.org/]Like this one[/URL] I have had to get throgh this to get a web/game server up and when I do people only need to type in my real IP address. Its not hard to find out, but what the hell do I want with an IP, its not worth anything, especialy a dynamic IP

Posted by towelie

Then Why is my IP the same on both when i use aol?

Posted by Fiindil

cos AOL is **** poor, [/endtopic]

Posted by Fallen

AOL has connects you to the fastest number... when you connect you get a different number according to the fastest number. Make sense or did I say it wrong?

And yes, anyone on this site can get your or his ip so easily.