Zero > X

Posted by Pit

Yeah he does. I mean, seriously guys, Zero was originally designed to be Megaman ZX. Due to stupid confusion issues about the character looking nothing like megaman, being red, having long hair, they created a new character model for X making him look like Megaman, with enhancements, and then using the Zero character model for him to be the sidekick.

What a crock of ****.

Posted by Arcadios

Well I would say that the Zero Series wasn't worn out like a pussy which is what happened with the X series.
Capcom got smart.

Posted by Stalolin

I BELIEVE WE ALL KNOW WHO THE TRULY SUPERIOR CHARACTER IS

[IMG]http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/8129/vavasx1.jpg[/IMG]

And more on topic, I personally like X way more than Zero. Zero already had his own series and later on in the X series he wasn't a sidekick, moreso there were two main characters. And I personally don't think it's valid in ZX because you SPOILERS [spoiler]lose the X Form early on and snag the ZX form[/spoiler] SPOILERS OVER

I'd consider the Bio-Metals as support characters anyways.

also, thx for megaman board posts. It's been slow :(

Posted by Arcadios

The X ad Zero series have always been one of my favorites.
But I never really ventured into the 3D worlds of Megaman X.

Posted by Stalolin

The Legends games were amazing. X7 sucked really badly. That's about it for 3D Megaman games.

Posted by Pit

That's not even a spoiler and you don't lose X.

If you noticed in the Zero series, you have a pretty ****ty buster. In ZX though, Zx form actually gives you a far better buster than Zero ever had in MMZ as well as his sword moves, making him a balance of the two while looking like Zero. Also, you could play as X model after you beat the game as Vent and Aile (what a crock of ****!)

Vile was cool until Maverick Hunter made him a jealous pussy. In Megaman X1 we knew what Vile was about. He was ****ing cool and badass, but now, we find out that he was just jealous of X, so he's just a little *****.

I just like Zero because overall the Zero games are stronger. The way you control the character and utilize his abilities, and the level design and character and boss design just destorys anything the X series had to offer, considering that the Zero series delivered stronger and stronger whereas the X series was a going through it's hit or miss stages.

X1 was great, X2 surpassed it, and then X3 was a huge miss. With poor level design and hardly any enemies on the map, and pretty ridiculously easy bossfights. Best thing was fighting Vile MkII and the music. X4 then delivered a solid expereince but the difficulty was still easy. X5 started to see a decline and X6 and X7 was a huge miss. Finally the series got back on track with X8, which was actually good, despite what most people say.

But the Zero series delived solidly from the first game. Good story, new gameplay elements, new weapons, made Megaman fresh for the first time, as well as great artwork, detailed sprites, and a solid Megaman adventure that you once thought you could only get on a console was right in the palm of your hands. Also, the most difficult Megaman games to challenge you in level design and boss wise. I remember that in some megaman games, they'd balance it. They'de give you an easy level with a ridiculously hard rape boss. However, Megaman Zero balanced it. The levels were hard, but not the hard that wasn't fun. I rememberd when I died, I wanted to keep going and not quit.

Anyways, what's up with Dr. Weil (Dr. Vile jap??)... like is he some cameo that represents Vile or some ****? And is it just me or does Vile make an apparenace in one of the Zero games. I forgot, but one of the bosses makes an illusion, and these 4 reploids (or 3) hit you, and one of them I swore was Vile.

Posted by Stalolin

Weil has absolutely no connection to the X series. But the Phoenix boss in Zero 2 summons ghost images of Colonel(I think), Vile, Sigma, and someone else.

Posted by Arcadios

Need.....to.....obtain.....Zero 2......3......and 4.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Arcadios]Need.....to.....obtain.....Zero 2......3......and 4.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Yeah you do.

Get them in anyway possible.

And I think they were going to redo all of the X series on the PSP.

Or at least the first three games.

Posted by Pit

Oh, it's Byte.

Posted by Arcadios

Isn't there suppose to be a Maverick Hunter X 2 or something?

That is one badass boss.

Well, I actually hope they remake the games because the first X game I had was 4 and it was always a part of my childhood memories.
I'd like to see more OVAs for them.

Posted by Pit

First three games, since in this era it's considered "obsolete", visually.

Hopefully this gives them a chance to redesign boss models. They didn't do much for Maverick Hunter X, but the extra fine touches that they gave the bosses (storm eages sharp wings, chill penguins sharp beak, more details) gives it a nice touch. I wasn't to happy with the 3D X model though, you can't really, well, it's blurry. Sometimes I wish they went with a 3D/2Dish hybrid, still using sprites (new ones of course) detailed specifically for the PSP while keeping buster shots with some nice 3D lighting effects and 3d backrounds.

Posted by Stalolin

I was never fond of the whole "hey mavericks are going to talk to you before boss battles". I figured mavericks just lost their mind and attacked at random, which I felt made the game more menacing. It fit with X4, and with some of the bosses in X5, but past that, not really. It just bugged me at that point. And then they went and added that in Maverick Hunter (At least I recall it, haven't actually played much of Maverick Hunter, I'll get it one of these days.)

And the whole Vile is a loose cannon no longer fully under Sigma's control was lame too.

Though one thing they did do right was kill of Dr. Cain. He may have been somewhat cool, but he did absolutely nothing for X2 and X3.

Posted by Pit

I thought they did go maverick at the end of the game in Sigmas tower when their eyes glowed red and they lost all memory of who they were.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Stalolin: Though one thing they did do right was kill of Dr. Cain. He may have been somewhat cool, but he did absolutely nothing for X2 and X3.

If you recover all of Zero's parts in X2, Dr. Cain rebuilds him.

Posted by Pit

NOT ANYMORE. Maybe they're remake Maverick Hunter X until 5, and make believe 6 - 8 never happened as MMZ was supposed to pick up after 5.

Posted by Stalolin

Don't think I got that far in Maverick Hunter. I just recall that they all went against the Hunters and they all still had the ability to think. But they sound cool when they're in Sigma's Tower.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Pit: NOT ANYMORE. Maybe they're remake Maverick Hunter X until 5, and make believe 6 - 8 never happened as MMZ was supposed to pick up after 5.

If only God was that merciful.
:(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Roger Smith: If you recover all of Zero's parts in X2, Dr. Cain rebuilds him.

Meh, if you dont collect him, Zero is fine either way. It's more fun to fight him anyways. Not only is the song hot, but it's pretty cool to see how we see Zero evolve from that style of fighting to Omega, using the same attacks, charge shot charge shot, saber, giga floor attack.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Roger Smith]If you recover all of Zero's parts in X2, Dr. Cain rebuilds him.

That's not really important to the game. The only thing it determines is whether or not you fight Zero at the end of the gam- wait nvm that is important he can be a ***** to fight

Posted by Arcadios

Urge to play Megaman X collection rising.

Posted by Pit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ui62XS_8OFc

Posted by Arcadios

I thought the beginning intro of X5 proved it was a clone Zero......or am I thinking of the wrong X?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Pit][URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ui62XS_8OFc"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ui62XS_8OFc[/URL]

oh ****

I need to play X2 more.

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Pit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ui62XS_8OFc

I used to be able to do that. =(

Now I just use the Speed Burner. =D

Posted by Zeta

Spoilers: Inafune said he wouldn't remake the rest of the X games, due to the poor sales of Maverick Hunter X. I wonder why? I mean, the PSP is so successful...

>_>;

Posted by Pit

Posted by Zeta

And that also means that all that extra content that was to be in X Collection got taken out for no reason whatsoever.

Posted by Pit

Explain.

Posted by Arcadios

Wait.....wha?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Minesweeper: I used to be able to do that. =(

Now I just use the Speed Burner. =D

GHEY.

Nah, me too. Zero is so ****ing hard. I mean, they toned him down so much when he became "Omega". Maybe it's cause Omegas charge charge sword combo is easier to dash over, and the arena you fight him is large. However, omega ahs that cool 7 hit combo :cool:

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: Explain.

Capcom of America said X Collection was going to have some fan-suggested extras that the original games didn't have, such as new dubbing for X4, a redone translation for X6, replacing the Japanese VA in X6 with English, more artwork than the collection has now, etc, etc.

But then Inafune decided to be a faggot and forced CoA to take all of that stuff out. "It'll be used for the Maverick Hunter X series," he said. But now what will become of that stuff now that isn't going to continue MHX?

Posted by Arcadios

WTF?!
>=O

Posted by Pit

thats pretty gay of inafune, fagmonster that he is

Posted by Red

Quoting Arcadios: Urge to play Megaman X collection rising.

well I'm currently playing the X collection :D but the urge to play the first three X games has risen for me. arg too bad I'm grounded....and lazy...

anywho, I haven't played ZX yet on account of I have no DS, but my friends bro has it an I think I'll try it out one day, as for now I have no clue what any of you are talking about.