Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Posted by temari

:harry: I just finished the book and I realy,really,really hope they don't screw up this movie, as well.what do you guys think?PLEASE POST!!

Posted by WackoHater2

There is a Harry Potter blog for such discussions. Could a mod move this to the blog please?

Posted by GameMiestro

I honestly did not know that VGC had a Harry Potter smiley. Thus, this thread is justified.

Posted by WackoHater2

I didn't know it had one either.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Panic: There is a Harry Potter blog for such discussions. Could a mod move this to the blog please?

There also a Movies and TV board to discuss movies and television. Doy.

Posted by WackoHater2

I know that, but I figured it might as well be in the Harry Potter blog. Whatever though. If you guys think it's better off here, then that's fine too.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Panic: There is a Harry Potter blog for such discussions. Could a mod move this to the blog please?

But if someone wants their discussions to be on the main forums, then it is fine. The blogs are really more for personal use anyway. A Harry Potter blog doesn

Posted by Shade

Then you'll love the sixth movie. Major dose of teenage angst.

Posted by Dexter

Really? See, you got me more excited already. That's really what I enjoy most about the Harry Potter films, the goofy characters and poor Emma being so terribly ignored. I hope she doesn't end up with that fool of a Ron.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dexter: Really? See, you got me more excited already. That's really what I enjoy most about the Harry Potter films, the goofy characters and poor Emma being so terribly ignored. I hope she doesn't end up with that fool of a Ron.

Oh then you'll be enjoying the upcoming movies then. :D

Posted by Dexter

I hope so. They seem to get better as they go along, but that might be due to being seen most recently and remembered better. Basically I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Emma. She gives me the giggles.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: There is a Harry Potter blog for such discussions. Could a mod move this to the blog please?

No.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]ANYWAYS!

I hope the movie will be good enough. The 5th book was fairly long, so I'm expecting some good parts to be cut. Other parts could also be cut because of the budget, but that's the way it is.[/COLOR]

Posted by Anti-Muffla

i think like there were only 150 pages that were good in that book, b/c theres like 500 page of just Umbridge and her evil ways. I think they will be able to do an awesome job on this movie. release date for the movie is: july 13th, 2007!!

Posted by temari

Quoting Xero: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]ANYWAYS!

I hope the movie will be good enough. The 5th book was fairly long, so I'm expecting some good parts to be cut. Other parts could also be cut because of the budget, but that's the way it is.[/COLOR]

even so, it still sucks that some of the best parts of the books
aren't in the movies. i personally will go insane if they don't
put the threastles in the movie!! but they probably will.

Posted by Sean Fury

I bet they'll cut out SIRIUS's death and make the SIXTH movie like he's still alive. [spoiler]sarcasmget[/spoiler]

That's what I said and anyone who doubts me is correct.

Posted by WackoHater2

Dumbledore doesn't die until the 6th movie...

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Panic: Dumbledore doesn't die until the 6th movie...

I bet I know Harry Potter like the back of my hand.

...hey that's new. O_o

Posted by WackoHater2

To my knowledge, Sirius is the only one who dies in OotP.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Panic: To my knowledge, Sirius is the only one who dies in OotP.

And that's exactly what I said. >_>

Posted by temari

Quoting Panic: Dumbledore doesn't die until the 6th movie...

:eek: your joking right? they can't kill dumbledor! that's just too crule, now i don't want to read the six one! who kills him?

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting chocomilk: Ive Seen The Movie

Which movie? Order of the Phoenix?

Posted by temari

has anyone seen the new trailer for this movie, all looks well...except for daniel raddclif's new doo.

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Dexter: But if someone wants their discussions to be on the main forums, then it is fine. The blogs are really more for personal use anyway. A Harry Potter blog doesn’t even make sense.

. i lol'd

Posted by Reve

I'm a little worried about the 5th movie. The left out a lot in the 4th that was important to the plot and to the side plots. It makes me wonder how much it will change the 5th movie.

Posted by Naoko

it will probably cause hell, just like how they messed up the end of eragon. i don't know how the ediotors of any movie can sleep at night when they realize that they edited a serious part of the book out of the movie

Quoted post: i don't know how the ediotors of any movie can sleep at night when they realize that they edited a serious part of the book out of the movie

Probably on the stupid huge pile of cash they made from the movie.

Posted by Naoko

too true, and so sad

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Naoko: it will probably cause hell, just like how they messed up the end of eragon.

Eragon was terribly messed up. The book was by far better. The movie was kind of a joke to me. =/

Anyways, I've always been a Harry Potter fan and each film seems to raise more and more excitement for me. Saw the trailer for the 5th film, Order of the Pheonix, and it looked really good. I'm sure I'll be dissappointed here and there with parts being cut and such, but I'm sure, overall, the movie will be a success.

Well, everything, but, Daniel's hair. =/

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Naoko: it will probably cause hell, just like how they messed up the end of eragon. i don't know how the ediotors of any movie can sleep at night when they realize that they edited a serious part of the book out of the movie

Because dumbarse they didnt have the footage to edit with. ****ing idiot.

Posted by _Razgriz_

Quoting temari: :harry: I just finished the book and I realy,really,really hope they don't screw up this movie, as well.what do you guys think?PLEASE POST!!

I assure you, they...will. -_-

Posted by maian

It's gonna suck. ;|

At least, in my opinion. I don't know why the Harry Potter films are so big, because they simply all suck. Starting from the first movie, it's been terribly miscast (mostly), and they just do an absolutely horrid job at truly adapting the book.

Well, at least, that's how the last four films have been. Why change now?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting maian: It's gonna suck. ;|

At least, in my opinion. I don't know why the Harry Potter films are so big, because they simply all suck. Starting from the first movie, it's been terribly miscast (mostly), and they just do an absolutely horrid job at truly adapting the book.

Well, at least, that's how the last four films have been. Why change now?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. The hype was so big with the first one that I just decided to go see it to judge for myself. I ended up hating it. The only one that was even remotely close to be good was the fourth one. That's the only one I enjoyed to some extent. Oh and I hated the fifth book. It was ridiculously long and just bored me to tears. Since that was the case I'm anticipating this next film to be the worst out of all of them.

I thought it was cast pretty well... based on looks. Maybe not acting ability though...

Posted by G-Sides

i agree :s radcliff is a pretty lame actor. imo the ones who play ron and snape are the only decent ones in the cast :s

Posted by maian

Harry looks good, I guess. From what I remember in the books, the only similarity to the book Ron that the actor has is uh, red hair. He looks like Ron now, but for the first three or four movies, he didn't fit Ron all that well.

Snape, while he's a great actor, doesn't even remotely fit the book Snape. The book Snake had a much more slim face, long[er] hair, and a goatee.

I could go on, but gawd. Not only do some of the actors not even look like the part, they're horrible actors anyway.