Who opened your eyes to Zelda?

Posted by ScudZteR

Who told you about zelda and how did your magical journey begin?

i was in...idk like the fourth grade when my friend John was making a huge fuss about a new game that was coming out called "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". We were in OM (odessey of the mind) so i guessed he had a good idea of what games were good.

At this time i didn't even had a game system so i BEGGED my mom for a N64 and she finally relented and got me a N64 and the legend of zelda. It was a great day in gaming history. :link:

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I believe it was my cousin...It was before I could even read, so I was just kind of running around hitting everybody I could. I didn't accomplish much, but it was entertaining.

All I know is that I didn't have to be able to read to hit the buttons.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Xero

When OoT came out on 64, My parents had to go rent it, I dint want to, and an hour later, I was stuck to the game. Unfortunatly, we had to bring it back and only 2 years later I got it from a friend and I finished OoT and now I keep my extrodinary journey with majora's mask.

Posted by inequity

My father, he bought a link to the past for the super nintendo. I always watched him play and sooner or later I started playing it myself and buying all the other zelda games.

Posted by Inferno

I remember watching my friend play Link to the Past way back when it first came out. I remember I got a kick out the fact that you could hit the blacksmith guy's anvil with the hammer and he would yell at you. So then I ended up buying it with birthday money and it went from there.

Posted by N-FANatic

Nobody in particular. When I was young, I recieved a copy of Links Awakening for my Gameboy. Been hooked ever since.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

When I was about 5, I played the Legend of Zelda and it was really cool, so now I own several copies of it, and zero copies of OoT (because it's not that great), and a few of the other Zelda games.

Fei-on

Posted by loony636

My friend recommended it to me when I was about 10. It was 'A link to the Past'. I thought it was okay, so I did some digging and found OoT (which was awesome).

Posted by Jarulara

My parents got me into Zelda. I used to watch them play Link to the Past all the time. That was the first game I beat all the way. So yeah my parents. Now anytime a new one pops up we get it and play.

Posted by loony636

Your parents played Zelda???? Ummmmmmmm, that's weird.

Posted by Jarulara

Not to me. My dad plays Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X still after beating them. He plays Madden, NBA, and Fishing games. He loves Tomb Raider, Zelda, Mario games.

Posted by loony636

Wow, your dad must be one of those guys that plays games. That's cool, I guess...

Posted by Thingy

my dad hates games. he says they make him dizzy. but like i said in another post,(in off topic) my cousin did. she found) OoT next to a puddle and gave it to me when i was six. iv'y been obsessed ever since.

Posted by Corrupt

My cousin Sasha, who gave me the original Zelda game for the NES when I was barely two years old. And I also remember that she gave me Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 1 & 2, Life Force, Kirby's Adventure, and a lot of other games that turned out to be some of my favorites. She had a lot of influence on me in my early video gaming days, that's for sure.

Posted by Iris

No one, really. I just rented OoC, liked it, rented it again a while later, forgot it, and recently bought it. It was never recommended to me. Now I just need to buy Majora's Mask. :)

Posted by Nizmo

My cousin [who's name I forgot] introduced Zelda to me. At the time, I didn't actually know what I was playing. I just went round his house and took over from the N64. What I was actually doing was pretty cool. I was just riding around on a horse, Epona being that horse, doing nothing but watching carrots on a carrot-bar decrease. That was great. It was really a one day thing, though.

When I got my GCN, it came with The Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time / Master Quest. I guess that's when I was really "introduced" to the whole series. After WW, I just slotted in OoT and continued.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

A friend lent me Link's Awakening DX. It was the first game I used GameFAQs to beat. *shameful look* After that, I got Oracle of Seasons, but it was lacking... something. I never had an N64, so missed out on that one.

When I got a GCN - that was when I was REALLY getting into gaming - I got the Wind Waker on launch day. I was hooked. So much so, in fact, that I actually prefer it over OoT, which got a bit boring after a while. My pecking order for the console games goes WW, MM, OoT. odd, I know. :cool:

Posted by FerreTrip

Well, if you count who gave you your first Zelda game, than I think my 'rents. They've never played it, but they've heard good things from the Zleda franchise(and I think we were pestering them), so when on one Christmas, I think it was, or whatever, they got it for us, me and Annie. We got addicted and Mom fell in love with Navi. Oh, and I think the only person even REMOTLY annoyed by Navi was Annie. Mom and I weren't even phazed. Charmed, more like it. Mom LIKED how she talked, actually!

If you mean the hardcore stuff, in other words 2d, than Mom holds that great pleasure. She gave me a game that is obviously coveteted or something when we were at the Wizards of the Coast store, along with her old Game Boy Color: Link's Awakening DX. I loved it. I even listened to the Ballad of the Wind Fish to soothe me.

Posted by Untamed

I remember as a little kid watching my cousins play Zelda. I didn't know then what the game was, I just remember thinking it was really sad that the guy went on a journey and had to leave his friend behind (Link and Saria in OoT.) A little over a year ago we got a GC and I asked my parents for some Zelda games (I think I just woke up one day and thought "I'd like to play Zelda"). They got me the Collector's Edition and I've been hooked on Zelda ever since.

Posted by Drewboy64

i was a kid and my cousin would play Ocarina of Time, though I was too scared to play it. I did play, however, Link's Awakening and Link's Awakening DX, and became very interested in Zelda. I got hooked onto windwaker the moment I played the demo, and I loved playing Link to the Past on my GBA.

Posted by Slade

I started on A Link to the Past for SNES after watching my brothers play it. I couldn't read very well at the time, but I quickly learned how to run around and sword things.

Posted by project101

No one really turned me on to it I rented it for the N64. At a hollywood video once, and my dad plays rpgs and stuff every once and a while now that he is older he olays alot of football games

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I had heard how awesome the Zelda series was mainly from my friends. So, only a few years ago did I purchase an N64, and luckily a friend lent me OoT, which I fell in love with. I'm not a die-hard fan of the series, but I really, really do enjoy playing Ocarina of Time.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I first saw zelda through the N64. my Step-brother was playing... I played... And became a hopeless Addict for about a year after... I know everything there is to know about Ocarina Of Time... (Although, I'm sorry to say, I can't remember the location of all 100 skulltulas by heart anymore...)

Posted by Tails

I was three years old then, but I still remember it well! I got my first game system at a yard sale (NES, $25 at the time. Good price) and it came with 3 games: Super Mario Bros. (of course), Spy Hunter, and Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link. I Loved that game! It was awsome! I would play it all night! Then... when I got my SNES... my mom (she was the one who got me the NES) thought I didn't want my old Nintendo anymore and gave it away... I was SO upset! I still didn't beat Zelda at that age! But, luckly, my mom gave it to people we knew, so I finnaly got it back the other year! Still works and the battery in the Zelda game is still working, too! Ah! What a great day that was!

Posted by boomstick

I remeber I played the first one and had fun and have like the series ever since, but I guess you could say that my brother 'opened my eyes' he did first show me the game.

Posted by Random

Yeah boomstick I have to agree. Basically what you said, only it was my Cousin who brought me into the Game. I played them for the NES/SNES/Game Boy/N64/Gamecube. I loved many, hated many but thats with any series in games am I right? OOT is one of my all time favorite games, LTTP being another one in there, and then again I hated Majoras mask, and didn't really care too much for windwaker. But I take the good in with the bad. One of the best series in gaming ever. If not the best.

Posted by Ch

It was in about 2nd grade almost ten years ago when my freind Coco (We call him that because he's black) let me borrow Links Awakening.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

my cousen owns it I played it when I visted her once then I got a 64 and bought the game
(btw:I'm talking about zelda64)

Posted by coromoro

I was a very young child, and my uncle had an NES, along with an unbelievable amount of NES games! My two older sisters and I went to his house frequently to play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Duck Hunt, and many other classics! One day, however, my uncle started playing this one game called The Legend of Zelda, and I just watched him play for a good hour or two, and then he let me play. I never really knew what I was doing, but it sure was fun slashing those monsters! Eventually, I got to play Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, as well. Later on, we got an SNES, and we got The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and well, that's really where it all started. :o All because of my good ol' uncle. :)

Posted by ExoXile

The SNES :D