ever won a video game contest

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I did. On the summer I went to the skate park/teen center because there was a skate demo. I'm not into skating, but I went anyway with my friend and sister. when I got there there was a video game contest as well. the video game of course was a tony hawk game, it was american wasteland. before the contest began, I was playing the game with these people just for fun, and I kept winning. then I signed up and when it began the contest was to have the most points in two minutes, I started going the half pipes and doing flips and rolls. my oppenents were just trying to grind or stall on a rail for a long time for lots of points, there combos were like 40,000 to 50,000 points, and mine were like 250,000 to 600,000 points. they were like amazed they didn't know how i did it, all i did was when i hit the ground i revert to a manuel and go up the pipe again, i did the revert to manuel to keep the combo together. none of those stupid skaters knew that. I powned all those skaters flawlessly. Tony hawk AW is the easiest game to win in a competition

Posted by Proto Man

Interesting...

While I have never WON a contest before, I did participate in a small one. It was at Blockbuster, a LONG time ago when they ran that promotion with Donkey Kong Country. You had to race through the levels while gathering up as many points as you could. Unfortunately, I was slow in getting through the levels, so I didn't win. :(

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

if you ever see a contest and it's a tony hawk game, do what i did.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting PunkRock Sonic: if you ever see a contest and it's a tony hawk game, do what i did.

Unfortunately, I am horrible at Tony Hawk. I tired playing it at my cousin's house once on the PS2. Never got the hang of it. :(

Posted by Random

Yeah me and some friends won both a Halo 1 and Halo 2 tourny and I was runner up in a Madden 2006 Tourny, all were held at EB Games.. I entered the DDR Tourney but I suck so horribly at that game and was eliminated in the first round.

Posted by Dexter

I used to participate in the Nintendo Power magazine contests. I won all kinds of goodies, such as game soundtracks. I won contests for games such as Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, San Francisco Rush, Star Fox 64 etc.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I used to participate in the Nintendo Power magazine contests. I won all kinds of goodies, such as game soundtracks. I won contests for games such as Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, San Francisco Rush, Star Fox 64 etc.

Really? That's pretty sweet! I mail in for those all the time, but to no avail :(

Posted by Dexter

Well, I never had so much time on my paws as I did back in the 64 days. I had a lot of fun with it, too. I got excited each month, hoping they would have a contest for a game that I owned. Every time they did I dedicated my time to it until I thought I had a time/score/whatever that would get me the win.

Posted by Ant

I haven't...yet. I put 3 emails into the contest here everyday! FINGERS CROSSED GUYZ! :-D

Posted by Bebop

I got an e-mail from Xbox Live asking me if I wanted to enter a competition. All I had to do was click a link.

Then much later I got a package. I was runner up. i got 10 games, a t shirt, a Xbox bag and a limited edition Green S controller. Woo!

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I did win a contest one.

Back when I was a pokemon fan, I participated in a pokemon stadium 1 contest. I won fairly easily. The prize was a tour of helicopter around montreal. Yay :D[/COLOR]

Posted by Moogs

I won my original Xbox in a contest at EB Games... That and Halo and 4 controllers and a carrying bag

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I created a Pokémon for N-Europe (then called Cube-Europe) and won a copy of Sapphire. Unfortunately I already had Sapphire, so I forced a friend to buy Ruby and swapped with him.

Also, PRS, your statement basically boils down to 'if you're in a Tony Hawk contest, play the game properly.'

Posted by WackoHater2

Not a legit contest. Just ones that I an other friends have made up. Usually seeing how far we could get on a Mario game before dying.