OCD

Posted by brownoystercult

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. For those who don't know, it's somewhat like an anxiety disorder. For example: repititive acts, such as washing hands, cleaning, counting, etc.

Do you have it? I mean, in my case it's not extreme, but I have slight OCD. Before I play a game, or do something, I have to clean up around the house, and then play it. Also, everytime I go outside, I HAVE to wash my hands when I come back in.

I think everyone has slight OCD, so I was wondering in your cases, what exactly your behaviors are.

Posted by junior senior

I have it really bad. :(

Thanks from taking Adderall since 7th grade, it developed from the side effects. :(

Posted by Last Fog

Why did you put the answers to the poll in that order? It should be yes, no, then slightly. IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

But seriously if I use the oven, then leave the house, if I don't specifically remember turning it off, I have to come back and check.
Also I have to separate every group of things into pairs or sub-groups in my mind that go together. I don't know if thats OCD or just insanity, but yeah.

Posted by Sean Fury

Mine activates on its own at random times. For instance, my room is typically messy as ****, but than again, sometimes it's beautiful because I get random tendencies when I spot one thing out of place (like a book) I organize everything. Something really annoying, is when I go to eB and I notice games are in the wrong spots I'll take it out, find the right spot and put it there, and I have a tendency to organize stuff without realizing it till someone points it out.

Posted by ExoXile

Nope, I like having my surrounding somewhat neat before I play games tho.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Slightly. I usually check my alarm 2-3 times after I set it to make sure I didn't put it on PM instead of AM. That developed after I set it at the wrong time once and nearly got fired for it.

Posted by VampchickAkasha

i have it.. for instance when i get in or out of a car i have to close the door like 20 times or until i think it is shut enough, and then i have to tear up anything i eat before i put it in my mouth, and i have to touch the door knob of my front door ten times before i go inside my house or before i leave.. oh and when i go to a restraunt i have to arrange the little sugar packets by color, and then put them in height order..

yeah.. totally not fun..

Posted by Fate

I don't have OCD. That's a serious disorder and anyone thinking they really have it should probably get themselves checked out.

I do have this weird quirk with my hands. Around my house, I can touch anything filthy and not even bother washing my hands. When I'm outside of my house, I feel like my hands have to be constantly clean. I wash and sanitize my hands often, mostly when I'm at work. I don't really touch anything dirty at work, so I it found odd to develop a habit like mine.

Posted by KoH

These aren't 'OCD' symptoms. At best these are simple quirks that everyone has. Fate's right, OCD is a serious disorder. However I very much doubt that washing your hands before you re-enter your house or checking your alarm clock qualify as even a mild case of OCD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive_compulsive_disorder#Symptoms_and_prevalence

Cleaning your hands before you do something is simply good grooming. Checking your alarm clock before you go to sleep is just planning ahead.

But uh... closing a door "20 times" qualifies as OCD. Although I'm fairly certain that you're, and I mean no offense by this, full of it. If, however, you are telling the truth and you have such severe symptoms of OCD I feel genuinely sorry for you and hope that whatever pills you *should* be taking help you out.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=brownoystercult]

Do you have it? I mean, in my case it's not extreme, but I have slight OCD. Before I play a game, or do something, I have to clean up around the house, and then play it. Also, everytime I go outside, I HAVE to wash my hands when I come back in. That sounds like behavior stemming from psychological associations between one activity and another, developed at childhood because your parents would tell you to clean your room or you wouldn't be allowed to play videogames, or to wash up when you come inside.

Posted by KoH

lmao

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

For a few years I suppose I showed signs of having OCD. I would have to shower a minimum of twice per day (generally ended up being three times). If I didn't I would become anxious and feel 'dirty'. I also washed my hands excessively. It's not that bad now, so it obviously isn't OCD. It just happened to last over two years. What a waste of water.