Hip-Hop Is Dead

Posted by Arcadios

I except alot out of this album and hope it dosen't get pushed back just cause of Jay-Z. :(
This past year I've been catching up with Nas and all his albums.
This is gonna be the first I actually watch to be released but I hope there are more to come.
This will be Nas' 8th solo album.
I've listed to Where Ya'll at and I liked it.
A very hyped up, rapid tune.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip-Hop_Is_Dead..._The_%27N%27
Most recently Hip-Hop Is Dead, the track, leaked and I gotta say I've been repeating it alot and I love it.
[quote]A listening session was conducted on November 9th at Sony Studios and early reports for the album are very positive. According to sources, Sony allowed those invited to listen to the first few seconds of the song "Black Republican" feat. Jay-Z before cutting it off.
When I read this I had gotten goosebumps, I really can't wait for this CD but for the time being, I'm going to be listening to Game's new CD and Jay-Z's.

Posted by Kamek

If you want the first half of "Black Republicans" I have it for you. Nas kills it.

Posted by Arcadios

Thanks, Kamek but I'm gonna wait till the full version is out on the CD.

Posted by Kamek

After hearing the album, I have to say a definite 4.5/5 Mics. I think I would have enjoyed it more if not for my current depressed state, but a great album nonetheless.

Tracks to check for:

Let There Be Light
Still Dreamin
Money Over Bull****
Can't Forget About You

Posted by Arcadios

6 days for those who're waiting for it's release in stores.
I hope to God they get it in JFK before I leave.
I've gotten 3 other CDs to listen to as well.
-The Re-up
-Fishscale
-In My Life Time Vol.1

Posted by Kamek

Ghostface actually dropped a new album this month "More Fish". Def Jam wasn't really promoting his first album, which is crazy since "Back like that" was a huge single in NY. I haven't heard it, but the new Nas is really good. You should download it/ up it to your Ipod just incase they don't have it in JFK in time, and then buy it when you get back.

Posted by Arcadios

Everyone from Def has been getting a little stirred with Jay since he's been focusing mostly on his own album and Nas'.
Like Method Man, he released an album this year but it was hardly promoted by the label.
This is actually the first time I'll be listening to anything having to do with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Next I'll get Enter The Wu-Tang album but the remastered one they released in '04.

Posted by Desperado

Sum bootlegers already got it 4 sale. Its dope, tho not as dope as Illmatic or It Was Written, it remains a new effort. My fav tracks on there were Can't Forget About You & Still Dreaming

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Desperado: Sum bootlegers already got it 4 sale. Its dope, tho not as dope as Illmatic or It Was Written, it remains a new effort. My fav tracks on there were Can't Forget About You & Still Dreaming

The sample on Can't Forget About You was really used well. Will.I.Am really surprised me as a producer on this album. He had some great beats.:eek:

Posted by Desperado

Yes, he's the first rapper to use it.

Posted by Arcadios

I might be a bit worried about Nas' sales.
He's a little more than half way close to Platinum status.
:(
I'm totally hooked on Black Republican, Still Dreaming and Who Killed it?.
On Black Republican I was really impressed by Jay's verse.
Nas' was superior but I've never really seen this side of Jay before.
And since I enjoyed this song so much I've ordered the God's Gift mixtape since it's all Nas and Jay.