Ancient Mew

Posted by WackoHater2

I still have an Ancient Mew card, basically untouched (I took it out of the bag thing it came in and put it in one of those hard sleeves). It's an odd looking card if no one has ever seen it. You had to get them from going to see Pokémon the Movie 2000 in the theater. I got the last one at the theater I went to. The kid behind me (had to be like 5) was flipping out because they didn't have any more. Anyway, just thought I'd share the story. Anyone else still have one of these?

Edit: Picture for anyone who has never seen it.

Edit again: An interesting web page I found. It translates what the writing on the Ancient Mew card means. [url=http://www.playhere.com/pokemon/ancientmew.htm]Click here[/url].

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, I've got one. Somewhere. It came with a translation card - two psychic energy and twenty damage, from what I remember.

I also have a Meowth card that came with the GB TCG game :)

Posted by Kit

Quoting Wings: I also have a Meowth card that came with the GB TCG game :)

I used to have that. It's probably around somewhere, but I dont know. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

What a sucky card for all of that detail. Best Mew I ever saw was the one in the GB game- it does a random attack doing a random amount of damage with a random amount of effects to the enemy. It also has an effect making it immune to Evolved Pokemon. :)

Posted by Sean Fury

I have three. Two out of the casing, one still in the casing. No real point to the card, you know, being illegal to use in all battles and what-not.

Only illegal to use if you don't have an official translation card.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Wings: Only illegal to use if you don't have an official translation card.

Nope, still illegal. You're not allowed to have any cards in your deck that don't have the official American or Japanese card back (which Ancient Mew does not).

Well then they've changed the rules. It used to be that if you had a card in any foreign language, as long as you had the English version to translate it from, you could use it. Of course, this rule was only there to stop people using foreign cards, because if you had the English card, why wouldn't you use that? :)

Posted by junior senior

heh, I was thinking about that 2nd period today.

thanks panic, you made my day. :)

Posted by WackoHater2

You're welcome Junior Senior ;)

I find myself thinking about random stuff from VGC in school all the time.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Wings: Well then they've changed the rules. It used to be that if you had a card in any foreign language, as long as you had the English version to translate it from, you could use it. Of course, this rule was only there to stop people using foreign cards, because if you had the English card, why wouldn't you use that? :)

Forgot to reply to this.

The rules of the tournaments are that you can't use cards with different backs than the official US and Japanese cards (even european cards have the US backs). If the card doesn't have that, you cannot use it.

Also, if you're using Japanese cards you need an official means of translating it so you can use it (I think Pojo and a few other sites have guides).

Oh, last time I read your post I didn't realise you were talking about the backs. Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Posted by Demonic Mistress

i have like 5 of them when my friends quit collecting them they sent a ton o pokemon cards my way and all together i have 4 and the one i was given by my best friend before he moved.

Posted by ccrocker58

Yea...I have that card. Along with an E3 Pikachu, the Meowth card that came with the GBC game, and some special edition Mewtwo, Dragonite, and some other cards that I can't remember the reason for getting.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I have 2 of them in like a plastic wrap, so they are in perfect condition. Now, if I only knew where they were....

ccrocker: Mewtwo, Dragonite, Pikachu and Electabuzz, from the first movie.

Posted by ccrocker58

Ah. So...these things actually worth anything? The highest I sold a pokemon card for was an original base set Charizard for $11.00 about 2 and a half years ago...

Doubt it, now. The set of four might fetch you something if they were mint, but they weren't exactly a strictly limited release or anything. I think Pojo has a value list somewhere, though.