Never played Pok

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Right, many moons ago when I was back at school, I collected the original Pok

Posted by WackoHater2

To my knowledge, there are no Pokémon PC games. although if you have a VisualBoyAdvance you can mess around with GameShark on GBA versions of the games. That's kinda fun sometimes.

Posted by Kit

VisualBoyAdvance can play regular Gameboy too.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, I know. I had one, but I only played the newer Pokémon games on it.

Posted by muffla

or you could allways just download a good emulator :P

Posted by Kit

...VisualBoyAdvance is a GBA emulator.

Posted by GameMiestro

1. Don't get the emulated Pokemon versions unless you are physically incapable of owning a Nintendo handheld, and

2. The best game to emulate would probably be Crystal version. There is some wierd stuff hidden in that game if you look hard enough.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting GameMiestro: 1. Don't get the emulated Pokemon versions unless you are physically incapable of owning a Nintendo handheld, and

2. The best game to emulate would probably be Crystal version. There is some wierd stuff hidden in that game if you look hard enough.

What kinds of thing? I love Crystal. It's my favorite yet.

Posted by GameMiestro

You don't even need an emulator to do some of the stuff, a Monster Brain accessory and a Gameboy Color can work wonders. For example, try creating a pokemon without setting it's pokedex number. Normally, you can't do this, but if you increase the size of your team without editing the new pokemon (which automatically sets the number to 1 when you do, giving you a Bulbasaur), you'll essentially create a blank slate pokemon- much like Missingno. in the original games. It has a slowbro as it's mini icon, unidentifiable text as it's description, can only level up with rare candies, and (get this) it uses your Trainer's icon in battle! Believe it.

For a quick laugh, try going to a Pokemon center with zero pokemon in your party. This is impossible normally, but with the magic of cheating devices, anything is possible. As expected, Nurse Joy puts an empty tray on the pokemon machine, goes through the animation, and says "Your pokemon have been fully healed. We hope to see you again". :)

Posted by WackoHater2

I've done the second one with a glitch in an older game Blue Version I think.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

So no PC version? Bah...

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting GameMiestro: 1. Don't get the emulated Pokemon versions unless you are physically incapable of owning a Nintendo handheld, and

Agreed. Playing Pokemon as a ROM, while satisfying the urge to play, is very unrewarding in the end when you can't actually battle friends with your Pokemon. And using cheats just makes it even worse unless you're just in it to beat the game...for whatever reason.

Posted by wOwed

haha pokemon you guys are soo childish... go to farmcum.com and youll see stuff your never seen before

Posted by Kit

Quoting Sean Fury: is very unrewarding in the end when you can't actually battle friends with your Pokemon.

Actually, you can get VBA linkup online. Not sure where, but people have said that they've used it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Actually, there was a Pokemon game for the PC. I forgot what it came with, but I had it way back in like 1998-1999. It did two things. One was to act like a card database, you could select which cards you had. Other was like a trainer battle simulation/tutorial where you would fight an AI opponent and she would explain how to play the game. Though, the way the battles played out were lame. You had your cards on your field of the opponents on her side, they were face down. And whenever your Pokemon attacked, it wasn't the real attack animation, only a small representative of it. For example, if you used Hydro Pump, it'd just show a weak common little water attack animation. Same for the other attacks. You could also select what type of deck you would use. Back then it was pretty sweet, I wish I still had it for nostalgic purposes.

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting GameMiestro:
For a quick laugh, try going to a Pokemon center with zero pokemon in your party. This is impossible normally, but with the magic of cheating devices, anything is possible. As expected, Nurse Joy puts an empty tray on the pokemon machine, goes through the animation, and says "Your pokemon have been fully healed. We hope to see you again". :)

Rolf it's so funny :)!