Elite Beat Agents

Posted by GameMiestro

AGENTS... ARE... [SIZE=5]GO!!!!!!

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=2]Hot dang, this game is awesome. Yeah, it's a little short- I just finished the "breezin" story mode today- but all of the difficulty levels, and some of the secret missions mean it will be weeks before I consider this game "mastered". Even after that, there's all the multiplayer stuff to try out... more DS games need to be like this.

For a rhythm game, this sure is decieving. It makes you think the game is going to be a breeze, with a really easy selection of missions at first, then it pummels you near the end of the game, especially with that brutally difficult final mission. Still... it all seems worth it in the end.

If you don't have this already, I reccomend getting it, even though it may be difficult to find. It's one of the best DS games out there.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Posted by Ant

I'm still conflicted between getting this game or the Japanese version. I heard some of the songs in the American version are pretty lame (See: Sk8er boi). But the gameplay itself looks really fun. Maybe later on after I get my Wii.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ouendan > EBA

EBA has some pretty great songs and some downright abysmal songs, and the stories are pretty good... which surprised me. But Christ, it doesn't even compare to Ouendan.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Ouendan > EBA

EBA has some pretty great songs and some downright abysmal songs, and the stories are pretty good... which surprised me. But Christ, it doesn't even compare to Ouendan.

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree there. I really don't care what songs they have in the game, as long as the dance mechanics work well with it, and in the higher difficulty levels, they work flawlessly. Plus, the game just feels a lot more polished than Ouendan... unless your really into Japenese culture (I'm not), I don't see any reason why people shouldn't get EBA instead.

The only song I wish they would have gotten rid of is "Let's Dance", which is about the worst dance tune imaginable.

They're the exact same game, just with different characters and songs =/ They pretty much have the same level of polish, same feel, and same mechanics. The only thing besides songs and characters/stories that Ouendan has over EBA is that it's a bit more difficult on the highest setting.

Posted by GameMiestro

But one is in English and one is not, which makes a BOATLOAD of difference in my opinion... :P

I pretty much have the Ouendan stories memorized *shrugs*

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, it's the little things in EBA I really like. For example, in the YMCA song, they actually do the hand movements, plus the sound effects in that christmas mission were cool. I noticed they had a lot of cultural references, too. "Commander Kahn"? The "Rhombulans"? Seems like there was a Star Trek fan among them...

I thought Commander Khan was a Commander Keen reference :(

Posted by Arczu

I've seen this one and it does look kick-arse. I haven't seen the English one yet though.

Posted by GameMiestro

Calling this the "English version of Ouendan" simpily is untrue. They have the same basic game mechanics, but EBA really is a sequel to Ouendan.

Posted by GameMiestro

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygkKC1ST7w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ygkKC1ST7w[/URL]

Frigging nuts. I can't imagine how long this guy has been playing the game...

EDIT: Warning, there's a bit of spoilers in this...