No Rumble?

Posted by Proto Man

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6775

Heck no!

I can't imagine playing Starfox 64 without rumble! I mean come on, it is very possible to add rumble to that classic controller. This is sad news indeed.

Posted by Bebop

Not a big deal to me. N64 games had crap rumble. I cant actually think of what games I owned that used it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

OoT had pretty awesome rumble. Same with Smash.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't get it. The Wii Remote clips to the classic controller and that has rumble, what's stopping them?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't get it. The Wii Remote clips to the classic controller and that has rumble, what's stopping them?

Wait... it clips INTO the Wii-mote? This is news to me, I always thought that it hooked directly into the Wii.

EDIT: Eh, nvm. I just looked at the picture that shows the controller hooked into the Wii-mote. It's actually because of that reason why there is no rumble probably. The rumble would either have to feed off of the Wii-mote's battery power, OR it would have to have separate batteries on it's own. The whole situation is retarded though IMO. They should just have it where the classic controller either hooks in the USB ports or the GCN ports. Who cares that it wouldn't be wireless, to me rumble is more important.

Posted by TendoAddict

Hmmmm its odd indeed. It wouldn't be hard to do it physically so I'm guess its a Data problem. Maybe because the N64's rumble was a separate and not built in perhaps?

Still, not the end of the world.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't get it. The Wii Remote clips to the classic controller and that has rumble, what's stopping them?

No it doesnt. The Classic controller is a seperate controller connected to the Wiimote via a wire like the nunchuck.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: OoT had pretty awesome rumble.

Hellz yeah it did! There was an item that rumbled when you were near a secret.

Posted by Bebop

Thats the only rumble I remember from OOT. I cant really remember anything else in the game using rumble. That was years ago.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

The rumble went pretty well with Starfrox too. I remember how it's rumble for like, fifteen seconds straight after you caused the train to crash into the building on Macbeth.

And then Slippy would go, "
I can see the look on their stupid faces!"

Posted by Pit

oh noes, this is more terrible than 9/11 and the holocaust combined. how will i now enjoy my games.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Pit: oh noes, this is more terrible than 9/11 x 1,000 (911,000) and the holocaust combined. how will i know enjoy my games.

Fix'd

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Bebop: Thats the only rumble I remember from OOT. I cant really remember anything else in the game using rumble. That was years ago.

Well how about the fact every time you hit something? Or when something hit you?

Also, as it has been said, Star Fox was awesome with the rumble as well as a number of other games. I really don't see any GOOD reason to leave it out.

Posted by Bebop

I really dont remember that happening in Zelda. Meh maybe I just didnt notice.