Wii US Commercial

Posted by Speedfreak

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=G3rMG4foWC8"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=G3rMG4foWC8[/URL]

I like the Wiimobile.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I take back everything I said about Sony's commercials. Good lord...

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I take back everything I said about Sony's commercials. Good lord...

And what makes it so bad?

Is showing off the system, showing people enjoying it, and showing game play to much?

Seriously, unless there was a hidden 10 seconds that I slept through comparing capacity of disc's with crappy math and sun flowers next to a fake baby crying theres nothing wrong in my eyes.

I have no problem demonstrating the console and its abilities, just the ways they went about it.

Posted by Proto Man

I downloaded the commercial early this morning already. I think it's better than what Nintendo commercials have been lately.

I wish those Japanese guys would drive to my house. :(

Posted by Screenname

Haven't seen it anywhere on TV.

Posted by nich

The video was removed but if it's the one I saw earlier, with the Japanese fellows in the smart car, it's *** awful. I would expect to see something like that on tbs, thats how awful it is.

Posted by Bebop

Curses, removed. What was it like? I wasnt exaclty won over by the Japenese one so Im hoping this is better.

Posted by Dexter

grrr. I missed it, too. Any other sites that have it? Were the player reaction's overly goofy? What were the people's ages?

Posted by nich

http://www.n-philes.com/index.php?id=3102

Thats the one I saw, I'm not sure if it's the one that was on youtube though.

Posted by muffla

i dno if its the same everywhere but the gamestop here has a playable wii

best console ever

Posted by Burrito

I think it was an okay commercial. I'm glad that it actually showed gameplay. I think it's a lot better than any of the PS3 commercials. I mean, come on, what did you expect for a commercial for the Wii? The Japanese guys were a bit weird, though.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting muffla: i dno if its the same everywhere but the gamestop here has a playable wii

We went to Wal-Mart today to exchange a regular Xbox Call of Duty 3 for a 360 version and I saw that they had the Wii controllers there. That was all, and they were there like it was no big deal, like nothing new. I got so excited! :amy:

Posted by Ant

This commerical has everything you need in it to make it a successful video game ad.

Stereotypes.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Burrito: I think it was an okay commercial. I'm glad that it actually showed gameplay. I think it's a lot better than any of the PS3 commercials. I mean, come on, what did you expect for a commercial for the Wii? The Japanese guys were a bit weird, though.

Thats what I thought, I know it wasnt the best but after the PS3's ad's its far better.

Posted by Screenname

PS3 commercials are weird.

Wiis, while I understand why they did them; they aren't anything special.

Posted by Proto Man

I wish those Japanese guys would come to my house. :(

Anyhow I downloaded that commercial when I first read about it (good thing I did, because it's not on Youtube anymore). I think it's better than what recent Nintendo commercial's have been like.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I still think Nintendo's slogan should be "It's got motion-control controllers, you asswipe!" ever since seeing that South Park episode.

Quoted post: I think it's better than what recent Nintendo commercial's have been like.

Except Nintendo have been doing really well recently. Well, not so much anymore, what with this one and the Red Steel one.

Posted by Bebop

I saw a British Wii TV ad yesterday. It was basically the Jao one but with an English voice over. In other words crap.

Then again it could be said its not crap as its not targetting me, thus I shouldnt like it in the first place.

Posted by Drewboy64

There's a commercial airing tonight in America on Dancing with the Stars. I think there are four parts to the commercial or soemthing.

Posted by Dexter

Really? That's neat. The girls enjoy watching that show so I suppose I'll join them this time. This is, after all, Nintendo history!

Posted by Bebop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkS2DJ6VX_g

Its up on YouTube again.
Its ok. Better than the PS3 ads but could have been done better I suppose. Oh and Nintendo has put ads on YouTube.

Posted by Screenname

Quoting Proto Man: I wish those Japanese guys would come to my house. :(

Anyhow I downloaded that commercial when I first read about it (good thing I did, because it's not on Youtube anymore). I think it's better than what recent Nintendo commercial's have been like.

Nah 64 commercials were great. they had people in color coordinated clothes

Posted by Dexter

The PS3 commercials are better than the Wii commercials.

Posted by Yui

I kinda like the us wii commercial.

Posted by Dexter

The PS3 commercials are just more memorable and intriguing. There's nothing wrong with the Wii commercials. They are basic.

Posted by Bebop

Although bizzare I wouldnt say the PS3 ads being memorable is merit enough for it to be good. Its too badly done and wannabe 'artsy' to view it in good light. Personally my most memorable ads are funny ones (but thats just my wakey British humour) and well made ones like the surfing guiness one. Ps3 ads are a far cry from the legendary Guiness one.

Posted by Dexter

Maybe not good, but definitely not bad, and certainly better than the Wii commercials. The 360 and their 'jump in' commercials were better than the Wii commercails, too.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Dexter: The PS3 commercials are better than the Wii commercials.

Agreed, there's nothing wrong with the Wii commericals, but I feel the PS3 ones are more interesting and memorable

Posted by Bebop

I wouldnt say there were better in any sense. Elite Wii Agents is much better than a crying baby. Being wierd and bizzare shouldnt be a reason to be better than anything else. Theres much better adverts in the world which are wierd too but at least have some class. The way I see it the Sony marketting team thought that making random crap with no meaning would be interesting. It reminds me of all the failed artists in the world who just dont get it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: I wouldnt say there were better in any sense. Elite Wii Agents is much better than a crying baby. Being wierd and bizzare shouldnt be a reason to be better than anything else. Theres much better adverts in the world which are wierd too but at least have some class. The way I see it the Sony marketting team thought that making random crap with no meaning would be interesting. It reminds me of all the failed artists in the world who just dont get it.

Or perhaps maybe you are the one not getting it?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, if you think the Wii one is more memorable congrats., but I personally feel the PS3 one is more.

Posted by Bebop

Theres nothing to get. Its not deep. Its random. Big difference. Anyway coming from someone who only likes it because it is bizzare, I think its fair to say I 'got' it more than you. I say trough it, while you're trying to figure it out.

Spoiler: Theres nothing to figure out. Its being wierd for the sake of being wierd. Thats not impressive.

Posted by Dexter

Still, they are easily more enjoyable to watch than the Wii commercials. I look forward to more PS3 commercials, with full bizarreness and peculiar auras. The doll commercial was filled with an ominous intensity that at least got me to rewatch it. At least there is something to actually watch them for. Wii commercials lack. I know your taste isn't that insipid. Wii needs a style or something. It's a whole lot of nothingness.

Yeah, there's nothing to get. The PS3 commercials are downright terrible. The Wii commercials are terrible in a completely different sense, one that happens to be worse in my opinion.

Posted by Bebop

Dexter I would say the baby one was the worst. I can understand where your coming from though but personally its too random and meaningless for me. It reminds me of those awful Chef comics from CAD-comic.com where the 'humour' or appeal is in the lack of sense. Although the Wii ones arent great I prefer that they, well, actually make sense and of course show of the console.

Posted by Dexter

I don't really need them to make sense. I'm not looking for a strong artistic point/meaning behind their commercials, just something decent to watch and a theme I can look forward to. 360 had their jump in theme and PS3 has their eerie theme, so it's cool with me.

I'm disappointed with the Wii commercials. I thought they could take their 'appeal to adult's' as an opportunity for something...anything. They didn't do anything. I know they could've, but they didn't, so it made me sad. :emotear:

Quoted post: Although the Wii ones arent great I prefer that they, well, actually make sense and of course show of the console.

They could have done it in such a better way though.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: They could have done it in such a better way though.

No doubt about. Even though Elite Wii Agents is cool. Some of their DS adverts were very good.

Yeah, Nintendo has been doing a pretty good job lately with adverts... it's just Red Steel's and this Wii one that are pretty bad.

Posted by protomanv4

UM anyone seen that MArvel game's ad? The ending was pritty good. I saw it last night at 8:00

Posted by Hyper

Quoting protomanv4: UM anyone seen that MArvel game's ad? The ending was pritty good. I saw it last night at 8:00

I saw that. It was pretty good, I guess. Though the kid looked kind of stupid.

Posted by Supermario

Generally I don't like commercials now days.

But this commercial was pretty good, even though there aren't very many Wii (U.S.) commercials yet. For Sony, overall I don't like how they have been advertising lately, there are some weird commercials for the PS3, and they hardly tell anything about the system, they just seem weird.

Posted by Crazy K

I agree with most of your guys about the PS3 commercials. I loved the Sixaxis commercial the most, the others I could care less for. The Wii commercials really don't appeal to me. I saw the Red Steel commercial a few times and got annoyed by the stupid looking actors, but the game it self looked great.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Those Youtube Bastards: This video has been removed due to copyright infringement.

:mad: