Kingdom Hearts: General Discussion

Posted by Xenos

Anyways, I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts game alot, though I dislike the fact that it was so slow in the plot developement and the camera was horrible.

As for KHCOM--I don't know, there was something about it that I didn't like. It was redundant and afterawhile I grew annoyed and bored of the card system.

KH does have it's unjustices though--a lot of people like to be bias about the fact that is has Disney characters in it. I wasn't taken aback when I first realized that Mickey was going to be in there, I quite enjoyed the change. It brings us much nostalgia, to be honest.

Posted by Dark

I can't say the plotline of COM was original, but the gameplay was certainly enjoyable. Very much like FF X-2.

Posted by Cell

I loved the kingdom hearts game and i cant wait until the release of kinddom hearts 2. Ive almost beaten Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Im on maleficent. SHE IS HARD!!!!! Oh well it is still a great game and what a story. The story is i think the best part of Kingdom Hearts.

Posted by Meru

Kingdom Hearts was a great game. Both of them had their pros and cons.

The first Kingdom Hearts, which had came out on Playstation 2, had little flaws. The graphics were awesome. The storyline, even if it was "Disney-ised", it was absolutely apalling. The characters and battle system were out of this world. The only thing that bothered me was the sound track. It wasn't bad or anything, but it hadn't any Disney songs. Other then that, it was awesome.

The second game, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was indeed a big step for a game of the Game Boy Advance console. It had included FMVs, full action and 3-d animation. Even the map graphics were better then some games of the Playstation series. The music was great, the gameplay awesome, and the battle system original. The only thing that bothered me in this game was the endless memory- based storyline, constantly repeated over and over. Storyline originality was the only flaw in this game.

Posted by William

I've only played the first one, which I haven't beat yet, because I stopped to play Xenosaga, but it's a fairly good game.

I don't think that's it's as great as most hype it up to be though. It's enjoyable, yet sometimes annoying. I absolutely hated the Atlantica or whatever it was called (Little Mermaid's stage) place.

But I'd have to say that the best thing about the entire game, is Halloween Town. Hehe.

Posted by veeman EXE. 3

I think Kindfom hearts was the greatest game ever created, the way that they combined disney with squaresoft without screwing it up was incredible

COM was prettty good, pretty good story, Great graphics, incredible sound, the only thing I didn't like was the gameplay the battles di start to get annoying and walking around from room to room outside of the battles was also pretty boring

KH 2 looks pretty awsome the new cooler and older looking sora was pretty cool from what I've seen

Posted by harvest-sprite

I really love Kingdom hearts I'm playing it again as a matter of fact, the soundtrack was so ace I bought myself a copy of it on CD and listen to it all the time. I have a figure of Riku sitting on my bedside cabinet, I also have the strategy guide. I've already completed the game and absolutly loved the story, it wasn't predictable either. The worst bit was that the bosses like sephiroth hades ansem 2 and riku 2 were really hard but I'm saying this, I beat the bosses and if I can defeat them (the worst ps2 girl in the world) then absolutly ANYONE can, it took me a year but heck I did it!!!

Posted by Ronin

Omg im am obsessed with this game series. It is without a doubt one of the best games i've ever played. I was wondering though about the gameboy kingdom hearts. Has anyone played it? cause i want to know if i should buy it or not. I mean i love kingdom hearts and all but it didn't look that great.

Posted by Ronin

KH for the ps2 has got to be my favorite game. Not only because of the incredible story line but the character voices, character personalities, gameplay, and most of all, Cloud 3D!

i beat CoM too and that game was awesome as well, the only thing i didn't like about it was that the story for sora was just a repeat of KH for the ps2. Except for in the end when you start to understand about the organization and such.

Posted by Map42892

cloud and seph's return was my favorite part. to this day forward, sephiroth in KH is the most hardest boss in... i think... any game.

Posted by Ronin

yeah right any of the final bosses from .hack are hard.

Posted by a person with nothing

i hate this game, whats so great about some retarded disney pieces of crap? :bangbang: :bowser:

Posted by Nemesis

That harsh....you have to play it...its fun and the main point isn't disney characters. Most of the characters are from final fantasy anyway. I like the game. Good game play and long story line.

Posted by Knight Owl

I raally liked the game, and I even beat it. But to me its one of those games you beat and dont play again.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I didn't find the game very fantastic. It's alright, though. I'll probably still buy CoM anyhow, but since I haven't tried it out yet, I can't tell you much about it. I haven't heard too many negative things about it, though.

Posted by Prince_of_Time

I really liked the game, though it was pretty easy. It had a good story line, and the tie in between each character and world is really cool. I cant wait for the second game to come out, it should be a blast

Posted by Early Demise

It was a good play, but it isn't a game that I would continue to play once beaten unless it was in a harder mode or something. I am still going to buy the next one though because the first was fun while playing it.

Posted by Ronin

it does have a harder mode. Theres normal and then expert.

And anyway you shouldn't judge the game just because there are disney characters in it.

Posted by Arczu

Quoted post: Ronin said:
The only thing I didn't like about it was that the story for Sora was just a repeat of KH for the PS2. Except for in the end when you start to understand about the organization and such.
I didn't think that was quite true. Most of the story revolves around Sora's memories. While they do traverse through all the worlds covered in the original KH, there were not exactly looking for Keyholes specifically from what I remember.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Kingdom Hearts (to me anyways) was probly the best game ever created in the history of mankind! It has amazing gameplay, plot, music, voiceovers, Its hard to find negative things about it. I expecialy loved creating gummie ships, that was just simple fun. When I first saw the game in a mag. I was like 'What the hell is this? Disney characters with FF themed characters? This is lame' Then I played it and I was adicted. I couldn't stop till I got to lvl 100 on each character. On 6 diff files (3 normal mode: start chosing the staff, then sword, then shield at the begining, and 3 expert with staff, sword and shiled) Sad thing is I'm poor, and I can not afford KHCOM. =[ I will play it eventualy though. The wait for KH II is killing me inside....must..have..now!

Posted by Map42892

it was risky of them to put disney characters in it, but it turned out well.

Posted by Bubblez

Today I've played this game for the first time and it seems to be ok. Nothing too special but a nice play.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Beautiful game. I had been interested in it ever since it was first announced that Disney had approached Square about making a "Disney RPG" and I was glad to see Square make an absolute masterpiece out of the idea instead of just a throwaway franchise game. Chain of Memories is an interesting premise, and I'm certainly not against card battle systems, but having to use cards for EVERYTHING got a little annoying. Plus, I could never get a hang of all of the different abilities, as battles were just too frantic for me.

I can't wait for KH2 and I'm looking forward to seeing what new worlds will be included. Personally, I'm hoping for a Lilo and Stitch or Darkwing Duck world. :)

Posted by inuyasha kicks

Quoting Ronin: yeah right any of the final bosses from .hack are hard.

not. they are hard untill you realize that u need to sell stuff, make money, and buy 99 ressurects and healing potions or whatever.

both games were i think my favorite games of all time. they were both incredible. They both rose above the average graphics.they both had stellar stories.

something that really makes me made is that they made a 3rd release of kingdom hearts called kingdom hearts: final mix only released in japan. it had 2 new keyblades, more abilities, more story cuts which starts to get into the orginzation and a battle between sephiroth and cloud, more bosses and monsters. it makes me so made cause as i said before they are my favorite games of all time

Posted by Ronin

wow i must really suck at .hack then........oh well, i might try to pick it up later.

Posted by King of Live

It is a good game, but like most people say, once you beat and find all the extra bosses there is nothing more, now HALO 2 on the other hand...

Posted by One-Winged-Angel

Quoting Ronin: Omg im am obsessed with this game series. It is without a doubt one of the best games i've ever played. I was wondering though about the gameboy kingdom hearts. Has anyone played it? cause i want to know if i should buy it or not. I mean i love kingdom hearts and all but it didn't look that great.

yes it is a very good game i think it sould be the best gba game. It's easy when you start but it gets hard at the end hope you like it ^_^

Posted by animejunki

I've played kingdom of hearts on the gameboy, it's not that great you should buy it.

Posted by Bubblez

Quoting King of Live: It is a good game, but like most people say, once you beat and find all the extra bosses there is nothing more, now HALO 2 on the other hand...

I think you can't really compare Kingdom Hearts to Halo 2, they are very different games in very different genres?!

Posted by Jean

I liked the game but i liked even more Final Fantasy 10, 7 is cool but the story and the graphics of 10 are juste wonderful.
Kingdom Hearts also rules

Posted by Ronin

i really like the KH for the PS2 but the one for the gameboy wasn't that great. I mean i like it and all but it kinda was just a chewed up regurgitated run through of the KH on the PS2, but then there's the riku's story thing and that was excellent.

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i liked the story ok but the gameplay was boring and repetitive not really something to buy more like a rent but i completely loved the ps2 one

Posted by Xenos

Merged thread.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Bubblez: Today I've played this game for the first time and it seems to be ok. Nothing too special but a nice play.

OK? It is far more than ok. Keep playing, you'll see.

Posted by Bubblez

Next time I'm at my friend's I'll play on a bit. I'm still at the first island but somehow running around collecting items didn't really suck me in. I hope the real action will start on.

Posted by Dark

Believe me, it will.

Posted by Arczu

The game really kicks in when you set it up in expert mode. Not only do you have to be more careful, but It seems that the enemies get a tad bit smarter as well. You take a hell of a lot more damage compared to Normal though.

Chain of Memories was refreshing, but my key problem was running out of cards. Buy was that atrocious.

Posted by Bubblez

What are the differences between KoF and Chain Of Memories, only that you fight with cards or are there other differences?

Posted by inuyasha kicks

im proud to say 2 things:
1. i did everything possible to do in the game, all keyblades, beat seph, got all ultimate weapons
2. I have no life for doing that

Posted by Ronin

Seph wasn't that hard though.......on expert he was a little tough but it's nothing leveling can't handle.

Posted by riku's twin

what does KHCOM stand for

Posted by riku's twin

hello peapoles? are you heer

Posted by riku's twin

what does KHCOM stand for?

Posted by riku's twin

peapoles???????????

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories.

Don't triple etc. post; this isn't a chatroom.

Posted by riku's twin

SORRY

Posted by Yoshikiller483

I have beat Kingdom Hearts and im need to know how to get the Utilmate Wepon for Sora, Donald, and Goofy and how to beat Seperoth. Please help me I just want to beat this game 100%.

Posted by jessrox

i think its one of the best games eva i love it they could have had more worlds to go to and made the game go for longer but who cares

Posted by Red

Quoting Yoshikiller483: I have beat Kingdom Hearts and im need to know how to get the Utilmate Wepon for Sora, Donald, and Goofy and how to beat Seperoth. Please help me I just want to beat this game 100%.

I can help with Sephiroth on my own stradegy, when u start the batte fly through the air to avoid most of his attacks , when hes finished a combo thats your chance to strike, he has a move eventually that depletes your mp and brings your hp down to one, what you have to do here is either hit him before he succsefully completes it, or use an elixer, ( use it before he uses the attack so that the item has time to land on you before he striks u again) that's bassically all I can think of. getting Soras ultimate weapon I forget the right ingredients you needed for it but if you check [url]www.kuponut.com[/url] you'll probably find it, also Goofy and Donalds ultimate weapos by beating a certain cup in the colliseum I forget wich ones but again, you'll find it at [url]www.kuponut.com[/url]

Posted by Ayu

ive never beat sephiroth cause i never really took the time but i do know tht its good to at around level 80 so you can hav seconed chance i think

Posted by NeXidala

OVER HERE!!!We can start wenever u get here sanaxis!

Posted by Ayu

hey im here do u know how to level up easily?

Posted by NeXidala

for kingdom hearts cuz actually im really good at levelin up forms

Posted by Ayu

idk even know how to get final form i cant seem to get it for some reason...

Posted by NeXidala

well u need to hav 5 drive bars wen u turn into any form in TWTNW to make sure u get final form after u do the event at memory's skyscraper

Posted by Ayu

k cool ill try it thanx i didnt think u had to be in tht world....

Posted by NeXidala

no prob need any other help *wink* :angel: