Just a few more weeks!

Posted by Noir

Yes...only two more weeks stand between me and that sexy, green-tunic-clad pile of pixels named Link. Ooooh, after two (or so) long years, I will finally be playing Twilight Princess! And on the Wii!!
I just thought I'd make this, what with the release date so soon and all.

Posted by Dexter

I'm very excited for this, too. It's been a long wait. The wait for Ocarina was harder for me to undergo, but that's simply because I've been entertained by other means for the last year. I get more excited with each day that passes! ^_^

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It's going to be awesome! It's the first game I'm getting for that system. I'll try to beat the game without a guide this time -_-[/COLOR]

Posted by Noir

And new videos and pictures!
Mmm...shirtless boxing/wrestling match with Link and some fat guy? Oh la la...

Posted by Vasioth

I would say I was looking forward to this... but due to getting an Electric Guitar (Warlock SG) and an Amplifier (Line 6 Spider II) which should come to maybe £300-400, I won't be getting it till my birthday now.

So I'll have to suffer till the 17th of January for this game :( , which truly isn't fair but I'll live, lol.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

i cant wait....two long and painful years with false date and now it's final!!!!

Posted by NeXidala

I have been waiting for so long. I've been keeping myself updated ever since I caught a wiff of a new Zelda game and the release date has been pushed back so many countless times. I'm excited that there is finally a firm release date, and that it's so soon!

Posted by Dexter

You guys remind me of myself while waiting for Ocarina. It was probably before your time, but trust me, the wait was worse and pushed back many more times.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Electric Guitar (Warlock SG)

That was stupid of you. I bet you feel really stupid now.

Anywho, not getting a Wii until Prime/Smash comes out, so I'll probably wait for the GC version.

Posted by Dexter

Don't be a fool, Vampy! You've had your Zelda on the Cube. Play it safe and go for the Wii version! :link:

Posted by NeXidala

Wai-
There are different release dates for the Wii and GC version of Twilight Princess?

Quoted post: Don't be a fool, Vampy! You've had your Zelda on the Cube. Play it safe and go for the Wii version!

Playing it safe would be buying it on the GC version. Durr.

Quoted post: There are different release dates for the Wii and GC version of Twilight Princess?

GC is December 12th.

Posted by Dexter

I think it's more likely that you'll regret playing the Cube version instead of the Wii.

Doubtful, seeing as how I plan to play the Wii version when I actually own the Wii. I refuse to buy one before either Prime or Smash comes out.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dexter: I think it's more likely that you'll regret playing the Cube version instead of the Wii.

Why would he?
It seems to me like there is a greater chance of someone getting dissapointed in the Wii version than the GC version.
Not saying the Wii version is gonna suck or anything or the whole game for that matter. I'm just stating that since the Wii is much riskier of a choice.

And, I'll also be getting the GC version first since I'm getting a Wii for Christmas and I don't mind buying two versions. It'll be interesting to beat TP regularly and then exploring it through the Wii.

Posted by Dexter

It seems to me as though the Wii version would simply be more fun. Using the Wiimote would be more enjoyable than the regular Game Cube controller and I would imagine the game would be more satisfying that way. Also, it's a whole new system, which adds to the excitement.

For you. I have yet to be sold on the controls when shoved into games not specifically designed for them.

Posted by Dexter

But they spent a good long time incorporating the controls into Zelda. I have strong faith that it will work successfully. I have no worries about how it will work, actually; no fear of disappointment. I suppose I could see how someone could fear the change. I'm more excited about it than fearful.

Of course it will work successfully. It's Zelda. But that's beside the point, since I'm not getting a Wii until a lot later. And as I said, when I do buy one, I'll pick up the Wii version of TP.

Posted by Dexter

But wouldn't that make it too redundant? Shouldn't the first time with Twilight Princess be the most glorious, thrilling time? And since you're getting a Wii anyway, it seems to me that you might as well go for its version of Zelda!

Ok, I'll stop now. I must be getting annoying.

Redundant in what way? I've played every Zelda game multiple times. If anything it makes more sense to play with traditional controls, then play with "better" Wii controls.

Also, as said, I'm getting the Wii a lot later. I'm not waiting upwards up six months or longer to play a game I'm highly anticipating.

Posted by Ant

Foolishness Vampiro, FOOLISHNESS!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: You guys remind me of myself while waiting for Ocarina. It was probably before your time, but trust me, the wait was worse and pushed back many more times.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]When OoT came out, I didn't know about zelda and I didn't want to try it. But my dad rented it anyway and I ended up liking it. I thanked him so bad afterwards :p:

4 more days :D:D:D[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Vampiro V. Empire]Redundant in what way? I've played every Zelda game multiple times. If anything it makes more sense to play with traditional controls, then play with "better" Wii controls.

I bet you were furious when you had to forget the ol D-Pad and use the joystick then.

Quoted post: I bet you were furious when you had to forget the ol D-Pad and use the joystick then.

... uh, whoosh? You realise I said "then" not "than," right?

Posted by Bebop

Youre basically saying adopting a new control method is foolish because youre not used to it, and the current method is working fine. This is basically the attitude people had, including myself, when the idea of 2 joysticks on one controller was announced, or perhaps before that when analouge sticks were feared among the D-Pad PSOne users. One stick in Goldeneye worked fine, especially at the time, but clearly 2 sticks works better.

Quoted post: Youre basically saying adopting a new control method is foolish because youre not used to it, and the current method is working fine.

That's not what I'm saying at all =/

Posted by Bebop

Gah sorry I just minced on into page 2 without really reading page one. Still "If anything it makes more sense to play with traditional controls, then play with "better" Wii controls." did sound like that. But in any case, 2 copies of the same game? Why?

Posted by Alastor

I'm probably going to end up doing the same thing as Vampiro. Getting TP again for the Wii would be a different experience with the Wiimote, plus there's the whole online play and downloadable content thing to take into consideration.

Quoted post: Still "If anything it makes more sense to play with traditional controls, then play with "better" Wii controls." did sound like that. But in any case, 2 copies of the same game? Why?

Yeah, what I meant was simply that it would make more sense to play the traditional way first. May not be the best experience but it makes more sense to me to play it first.

Also, I own multiple copies of Ninja Gaiden, multiple copies of OoT and MM, multiple copies of Wind Waker, etc. And those are the exact same versions. Why not by Wii TP if it's actually not the same game?

Posted by Bebop

But why? WHY? Why have more than one copy of OoT or MM or WW or Ninja? I dont understand :c

Just cause. Can't think of any valid reason that would make sense to anyone but myself.